Lulu's Time Bomb TSV 12/03/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK, my own personal use of the cocktails is like that of the Hydrafloral water - after toning and before serum/aromessence. Technically, the correct way to do it as is after serum etc and before moisturiser, but I find I get more bang for my buck doing it this way and they do seem to make a difference to my skin...I think.

Thank you so much, Tarketta. I knew I could rely on this forum and some of the real people who try and test products. I will experiment, starting with your method here. I had intended to just replace my Liz Earle Instant Boost with a Time Bomb Complexion Cocktail but that was before I saw/felt the texture (I thought it would be more watery). Sounds like it's trial and error in the end and, as you say, there's probably no wrong way, but I am always interested to know what a product's intended use is.

Thank you so much, Tarketta. I knew I could rely on this forum and some of the real people who try and test products. I will experiment, starting with your method here. I had intended to just replace my Liz Earle Instant Boost with a Time Bomb Complexion Cocktail but that was before I saw/felt the texture (I thought it would be more watery). Sounds like it's trial and error in the end and, as you say, there's probably no wrong way, but I am always interested to know what a product's intended use is.

Likewise, AndiK, I started off using the cocktail as a replacement for toner, but as you say, it's slightly too viscous for that and actually it lasts a helluva lot longer by just splashing a few drops in your hands and spreading them over your face. I've still got a third of my Hydrafloral water left and I've used it every night for the last 6 months!

Likewise, AndiK, I started off using the cocktail as a replacement for toner, but as you say, it's slightly too viscous for that and actually it lasts a helluva lot longer by just splashing a few drops in your hands and spreading them over your face. I've still got a third of my Hydrafloral water left and I've used it every night for the last 6 months!

Oh yes, I'm well into this fingertip method of application when it comes to toners (which, by the way, I learnt on here - was it you or Maymorganlondon?). Like you, I'm finding a bottle lasts for months and months. It has to be better than throwing most of it in the bin via a saturated cotton pad!

Sorry to be a bit slow on the uptake here, but I still don't get it! Do you put this cocktail on and then wipe it off like a toner? Or do you put it on and leave it to sink in like a serum? I have seen Lulu describe this product a few times as well and still have no idea how I would use it. Or why! But then I don't use this brand so perhaps am not paying proper attention.

Why do they call it Lulu's TB? I thought we had established she had nothing to do with the company. We don't call it Fiona's Decleor, after all. (I know Fiona isn't a sleb but Lulu's starpower faded a while ago IMHO, although I realise that is just a matter of personal preference.)

Sorry to be a bit slow on the uptake here, but I still don't get it! Do you put this cocktail on and then wipe it off like a toner? Or do you put it on and leave it to sink in like a serum? I have seen Lulu describe this product a few times as well and still have no idea how I would use it. Or why! But then I don't use this brand so perhaps am not paying proper attention.

Why do they call it Lulu's TB? I thought we had established she had nothing to do with the company. We don't call it Fiona's Decleor, after all. (I know Fiona isn't a sleb but Lulu's starpower faded a while ago IMHO, although I realise that is just a matter of personal preference.)

Mazza, I put it on after toner (which I like to apply with a cotton wool pad to clear every last trace of cleanser) as I find it adds a layer of moisture to the skin which enables the oil/serum I put on immediately afterwards to go a lot further and sink in quicker. I found that despite my best efforts, the aromessence oil was dragging on my skin without the addition of the hydrafloral/cocktail layer. As I said before, it's the way I do it and I find it really suits my skin - I do the same thing with SBC gels and body oils, it means you use up considerably less of the precious oil and it's much easier to apply/goes a lot further.

As for the Lulu's Time Bomb name, get the impression Lulu likes to be in front of the camera as she's always very animated. I agree, she's very much a non-involved figurehead (aren't they all these days) but I do like watching when she's on.

Thanks Tarketta. If I may ask another question..... Is the collagen bomb skin fuel used in the same way as a cocktail? I think I was thinking of that when I asked my question!

God it's confusing, this range. (Mind you I still have no idea what no foundation foundation is. Is it tinted but light so it FEELS like no foundation, or is it clear so it LOOKS like no foundation, i.e. Like a primer?????)

As far as I know, the Collagen Bomb is to be used like a serum, underneath the cream. At least in using this product I cannot do anything wrong.:-D

Why do they call it Lulu's TB? I thought we had established she had nothing to do with the company.
But she has, at least that's what she always says: They developed the products because she wanted to do something against her "problems", and she was married to John Frieda I think. Furthermore, the range was called "Lulu's Time Bomb" at first, until some years ago, when they dropped the "Lulu's" and just called it "Time Bomb". I think QVC only has forgotten to drop the "Lulu's" as well.:)

Thanks Tarketta. If I may ask another question..... Is the collagen bomb skin fuel used in the same way as a cocktail? I think I was thinking of that when I asked my question!

God it's confusing, this range. (Mind you I still have no idea what no foundation foundation is. Is it tinted but light so it FEELS like no foundation, or is it clear so it LOOKS like no foundation, i.e. Like a primer?????)

It does get a bit confusing with all these lotions n potions, but as Ani said, the collagen bomb is meant to be the same as a serum/oil/elixir (ooh fancy)

However, if you find it works best by bunging it on first/last, then do whatever - the brand regimes are prescriptive for good reason most of the time, but sometimes I do think it's to tie you in to buying every product in the range by promising the best results...which don't always materialise!

Mazza, I put it on after toner (which I like to apply with a cotton wool pad to clear every last trace of cleanser) as I find it adds a layer of moisture to the skin which enables the oil/serum I put on immediately afterwards to go a lot further and sink in quicker. I found that despite my best efforts, the aromessence oil was dragging on my skin without the addition of the hydrafloral/cocktail layer. As I said before, it's the way I do it and I find it really suits my skin - I do the same thing with SBC gels and body oils, it means you use up considerably less of the precious oil and it's much easier to apply/goes a lot further.

As for the Lulu's Time Bomb name, get the impression Lulu likes to be in front of the camera as she's always very animated. I agree, she's very much a non-involved figurehead (aren't they all these days) but I do like watching when she's on.

Re toners, I think it depends what you want a toner for. I always used to think the idea was simply that you wipe it over your skin with a cotton ball or pad to remove the last traces of makeup left behind after cleansing - I must admit, I sometimes still get a brown mark on the little towels I use to pat my face dry with after cleansing, particularly from the hairline, no matter how thorough I think I've been. But I think some toner-type products are meant more as a treatment and that's how I see LE Instant Boost, hence I "apply" that with my fingers (ie leave it on) rather than wiping it over my face to remove anything.

But she has, at least that's what she always says: They developed the products because she wanted to do something against her "problems", and she was married to John Frieda I think. Furthermore, the range was called "Lulu's Time Bomb" at first, until some years ago, when they dropped the "Lulu's" and just called it "Time Bomb". I think QVC only has forgotten to drop the "Lulu's" as well.:)

I am sure we established some time ago that Lulu has nothing at all to do with the Time Bomb products and hasn't had for a good while (if she ever did). There is no mention of her on the website, including this "Legacy" page. I would put money on it that she is merely "a face". I can't say for sure, though, that she was not even remotely involved in the development of any Time Bomb products. I suspect that's just QVC folklore.

Thanks AndiK. I think what has passed me by is the possibility of a toner being more than it's traditional self! Even though, now I think of it, Keeley has long said we could spritz with toner after using the cream cleanser, it has never occurred to me to do so, I go straight to the serum.

Have never tried this range, been tempted many times!

Anyone recommend it who has used it, thanks?

I tried this range out for the first time just over a year ago and I have been very pleased with the quality of all the products I used. I have dry skin and use this range and Liz Earle dry/sensitive.

I will be buying the TSV.

I like the creams but remember once I received an empty collagen bomb and so had other people so that put me right off.

I tried a TSV some years back but it wasn't rich enough for my combination mature skin .i still have some of the complexion cocktail and it doesn't seem to do much. I used it up but its not a favourite.

Latest posts

Back