Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mr tom

Registered Shopper
just like the shopping channel bubble, but i'd like to keep the emphasis on observations and fun.

James Russell's opening line after following Peter Sherlock and Jenny Topp... ''you don't see many father an daughter acts on television anymore'' quite amusing

I do wish they would reserve that musak they used to use for the odd ring or two for just the odd item rather than for eery other sale, you know the sort of etherial music. Just crazy on some of the sales they use it on.

I do wish they would reserve that musak they used to use for the odd ring or two for just the odd item rather than for eery other sale, you know the sort of etherial music. Just crazy on some of the sales they use it on.

I am assuming/thinking you are getting at the regal music they use to try and get across the elegance of a product but they seem to use it for 92.56% of the products, thus negating any effect on the atmosphere the music was intended to create?

I am assuming/thinking you are getting at the regal music they use to try and get across the elegance of a product but they seem to use it for 92.56% of the products, thus negating any effect on the atmosphere the music was intended to create?

I know this is a no argument zone........but are you sure of that figure? :smirk:

I know this is a no argument zone........but are you sure of that figure? :smirk:

I completely made it up, I have no factual evidence to back that up and never will have. muahahahaha

edit: if anything, I should have made up a higher percentage.

Last edited:
Culture Vultures get ready. Our resident Curator Ms Lisa Brash is about to give a masterclass in Art.

Here she goes, going on about this forum again ha ha.

Lisa if you read this the next time you give your 'I managed a gallery' spiel will you tell everyone exactly how long you worked there?

Cheers duck.

Last edited:
I am not watching Lisa as i cant abide her

I however have no problem with the presenters giving something back to posters on here (myself included) fair game

Lisa if you are reading i thought your jibe about 10 days ago at Chris Birkett was horrible and very below the belt just so you are aware...

That's the chap.

I am not watching Lisa as i cant abide her

I however have no problem with the presenters giving something back to posters on here (myself included) fair game

Lisa if you are reading i thought your jibe about 10 days ago at Chris Birkett was horrible and very below the belt just so you are aware...

You want the presenters to give you fair game? You mean like Ludo or Snakes and Ladders?

For Jewellery that's made out of anything other than pig iron they used to pipe the classic tune - Clair de lune - usually whilst the item spun slowly and elegantly upon a revolving stand, even if it was a ring with about 0.05ct of diamond spread across about 15 stones! They appear to use the violin solo from Scheherazade by Rimsky Korsakoff these days, a beautiful piece of music just right for showcasing sprayed on gold plate jewellery with glass (sorry crystal) stones!...And yes, they are becoming less selective. What next? I reckon Elgar's Nimrod would be perfect for those gorgeous figurines...Lost dogs, fairies, miniature gold plated pineapples etc!

You want the presenters to give you fair game? You mean like Ludo or Snakes and Ladders?

She said people on here say she cannot be experienced in Art because she is a kebab eating woman. I certainly take they mickey out of her but I can assure her that isn't the reason I pass comment on her Art sales. I can only speak for myself but I would politely suggest she perhaps over eggs her experience as by my reckoning she really cannot have worked there for very long, around a year at most seems likely.

Lisa is very happy to tell everyone how experienced she is so I would really welcome Ms Brash confirming, live on air, how long she actually did work there.

She said people on here say she cannot be experienced in Art because she is a kebab eating woman. I certainly take they mickey out of her but I can assure her that isn't the reason I pass comment on her Art sales. I can only speak for myself but I would politely suggest she perhaps over eggs her experience as by my reckoning she really cannot have worked there for very long, around a year at most seems likely.

Lisa is very happy to tell everyone how experienced she is so I would really welcome Ms Brash confirming, live on air, how long she actually did work there.

very polite post Wirral now you no she is reading :)

She probably could have picked up enough experience in a year to have a decent knowledge certainly considering price drop is not an arts channel its a channel that sells stuff from at most two artists

very polite post Wirral now you no she is reading :)

She probably could have picked up enough experience in a year to have a decent knowledge certainly considering price drop is not an arts channel its a channel that sells stuff from at most two artists

NTB, What did Lisa say about Birkett?

Lisa's an amateur at best, the way in which she describes 'art' is in very simple terms... watching her 'unwatchable' selling of Kinkade prints last night was more about the money than what the pictures represented. There was nothing mentioned about where the pictures originated from or when Kinkade painted the thing! Not even a look at the COA.... very dull with no imagination spared in the presentation. :dull:

Last edited:
Lisa's an amateur at best, the way in which she describes 'art' is in very simple terms... watching her 'unwatchable' selling of Kinkade prints last night was more about the money than what the pictures represented. There was nothing mentioned about where the pictures originated from or when Kinkade painted the thing! Not even a look at the COA.... very dull with no imagination spared in the presentation. :dull:

She also said when the price approached £300 that they don't go for that kind of price and started mentioning others she has sold for £500 etc, and I don't doubt her on that.

But they most certainly do sell them for less than £300. And that size print as well, tutt tutt Madam Curator. Very naughty!

Last edited:
does anyone actually own one of these "art works" ?

I am guessing Lisa Brash has them in every room, they'll go perfectly with her Tiger Print bedding (oh sorry, i'm getting my Kinkade's mixed up with my Gayford's).

She also said when the price approached £300 that they don't go for that kind of price and started mentioning others she has sold for £500 etc, and I don't doubt her on that.

But they most certainly do sell them for less than £300. And that size print as well, tutt tutt Madam Curator. Very naughty!

Anyone would think she was selling the original :grin: She does exaggerate quite a lot. If people love a picture then they will pay any price (within financial constraints). I have bought prints myself and didn't much care about the cost... I am now broke :grin: No Gayford/Kinkade adorn my walls though!

Latest posts

Back