Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
Don't do much SM, maybe the odd dabble now and then. Don't have the time and can't understand how some are never off it, especially FBook!

Shock Horror when I looked at some Public Pages on the recent QVC FB! Lots of negative comments and some posts had to be removed by them because of bad comments mainly towards certain presenters and goods that they were selling!

Anyone on here part of this Fbook QVC cult clan and is this a true reflection on regular posts?
Just curious :mysmilie_5:

Yes it is. Usually post removed as you are not allowed to mention other retailers selling products cheaper. Their team move the goal posts quite a bit so its hard to tell what you can post and what you can't. The Facebook mods cannot deal with complaints so just tell everyone to phone CS anyway. People ask about brands or products and the set answer is: 'I will pass on your comments to our buyers.' You just know dick all will happen with that one.

You will get the send in the happy troops from the BTY group who worship at the alter of QVC, to say how wonderful they are. You can spot the ringers.:mysmilie_17:

Don't do much SM, maybe the odd dabble now and then. Don't have the time and can't understand how some are never off it, especially FBook!

Shock Horror when I looked at some Public Pages on the recent QVC FB! Lots of negative comments and some posts had to be removed by them because of bad comments mainly towards certain presenters and goods that they were selling!

Anyone on here part of this Fbook QVC cult clan and is this a true reflection on regular posts?

I just recently opened a FB page for myself, and to be honest - What's it all about? I just don't get why it's so popular!

I sometimes look at their FB page but have never posted and it would generally be negative, I know fine well that withig 30 minutes that if it did not meet with QVC approval it would be removed so would just be a waste of my time. I have seen some post, like you that had a real go at certain shop assistants on Q but when you go back they have gone. They tend to block people on FB who make a habit of posting rude or negative comments, if I have something to say I use twitter, that's my page and although it is addressed to QVC there is nothing they can do and so far I have no been blocked, even if they did you can still post with the QVC handle so people can still see what you have said. All it mean if you are blocked on twitter is that you will not get their posts on your time line.

I look at the visitors post and have found they fall into certain categories

The bin lids who ask what the next show is/when such and such a brand is on - can they not look at the listings guide or are they so lazy they can't be arsed.

The ones who want to know what lipstick Julia is wearing - why, it will look different on you - go to Boots and try for yourself.

The ones who post how lovely someone is looking or "loving the show" - get a life - even worse are those who post photos of their monkey/YC collection or a photo of the Liz Earl order.

The ones (the same ones as I recognise their names) who reply to every post either congratulating those who praised or being mean to those who criticise anything Q.

More and more complaining about Hermes delivery.

Quite a few obviously newbies asking about delivery of items purchased the previous day or looking for a refund - God love their cotton socks as they will soon see just how awful the service is that they are paying for.

And then the ones who call a spade a spade and I always secretly think they must be one of us.

I am amazed at the lack of intelligence shown by most of them

i look at the visitors post and have found they fall into certain categories

the bin lids who ask what the next show is/when such and such a brand is on - can they not look at the listings guide or are they so lazy they can't be arsed.

The ones who want to know what lipstick julia is wearing - why, it will look different on you - go to boots and try for yourself.

The ones who post how lovely someone is looking or "loving the show" - get a life - even worse are those who post photos of their monkey/yc collection or a photo of the liz earl order.

The ones (the same ones as i recognise their names) who reply to every post either congratulating those who praised or being mean to those who criticise anything q.

More and more complaining about hermes delivery.

Quite a few obviously newbies asking about delivery of items purchased the previous day or looking for a refund - god love their cotton socks as they will soon see just how awful the service is that they are paying for.

And then the ones who call a spade a spade and i always secretly think they must be one of us.

Spot on!!!!

Edited to add: "bin lids" - never heard that before, love it!!!!

FB IS definitely an eye opener ..I saw the start of a flirtation on there that I had to walk away from ...the guilt of witnessing a chat ( they didn't realise I could see it ..had my suspicions but was shocked to see I was correct !) and having had his wife request friend with me was just too much ...I still feel terrible now ....and I read that solicitors are saying they are getting tons of work that involves divorces brought on because of FB affairs ....I utterly believe it's true ...I was so curious but I know I did the right thing and walked a way ...I cannot say 100% they were about to go further with more flirty chat but I didn't want to get any deeper than I was ...and that was just one chat between them..nothing rude ..but lots of compliments and big kisses from the single woman to the married man....never ever been in that situation before ...ugh ...feel terrible for his wife ..just hope if fizzles out ...yes it is a big eye opener for all sorts of reasons ..it's not for me ..I love it here the best forum and always have ;0)

I notice Q are currently blowing their own trumpet on their facebook page. It appears their CS have won several awards, 3 it seems and overall 2nd from a list of 50. All I can say is if QVC are second then the rest must have been pretty dire.

I look at the visitors post and have found they fall into certain categories

The bin lids who ask what the next show is/when such and such a brand is on - can they not look at the listings guide or are they so lazy they can't be arsed.

The ones who want to know what lipstick Julia is wearing - why, it will look different on you - go to Boots and try for yourself.

The ones who post how lovely someone is looking or "loving the show" - get a life - even worse are those who post photos of their monkey/YC collection or a photo of the Liz Earl order.

The ones (the same ones as I recognise their names) who reply to every post either congratulating those who praised or being mean to those who criticise anything Q.

More and more complaining about Hermes delivery.

Quite a few obviously newbies asking about delivery of items purchased the previous day or looking for a refund - God love their cotton socks as they will soon see just how awful the service is that they are paying for.

And then the ones who call a spade a spade and I always secretly think they must be one of us.

I'm going to stick up for Hermes and Q, just this once mind... I ordered and item on Saturday morning and it was delivered today.. Someone will get the sack for that..

I notice Q are currently blowing their own trumpet on their facebook page. It appears their CS have won several awards, 3 it seems and overall 2nd from a list of 50. All I can say is if QVC are second then the rest must have been pretty dire.
Customer service my aris. It takes them 72 hours to respond to emails.

Are they second only to JLP? If so, take a look at the Trustpilot rating for johnlewis.com, last time I looked it was 1 star, or 1.4 ex 10, BAD! The negative reviews (including one from me) are a real eye opener into how their service has declined.

I saw that and wondered if their only competition was the likes of Ryanair

Lol loveallthingsitalian! I'll add 'Flymaybe' to that if we are sticking with aviators as comparators.....if we want extend beyond that then how about Scotrail (I'm sure there's an equivalent outwith Scotland) who think saying 'sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you' will appease their loyal customers when the train is late, half its normal size so you stand all the way from Glasgow to Edinburgh, arrives late due to 'congestion at Haymarket' and to add insult to injury stops at the furtherest platform from the concourse meaning you have to walk miles to get back to catch a connection.

I had a look for the first time in ages the other day at QVC FB (I don't do FB, nor will I ever want to so could only look) but all I can say is Oh! My! G! There are some people on there who are so vile to others who dare have a negative comment, it really got my goat, but.....I also noticed none other than the gormless fella that is Brett Hornby from The (not so) Real Pie Company range leave a few comments, he deleted one when someone asked how is it when they bake a cake does it only last a couple of days, yet the cakes they've seen from the Original Cake Company, can last months? then oh gormless one replied "it's probably the alcohol they use, it acts as a preservative"........then quickly deleted it. In fact.......he's probably lurking here somewhere! :mysmilie_13:

I bet it is like those skin product surveys "4 out of 5 say they will die without this " with the smallest of writing saying a survey of 20 people

Or the awards where all the participants take it in turn to get the award.

They wouldn't get my vote considering they don't even look at an email for 72 hours never mind do anything about it. Just what the heck is Will I am a prat doing as AYs lapdog - could he not do something more constructive.

Also any company who answers a customer with a kiss and a smilie face needs shot not awarded, that appals me.

Will is probably a lovely fella, blah blah blah, but for goodness sake man get a proper role, or job.

If he was the resident beauty presenters real friend, he'd recommend a good orthodontist.

Latest posts

Back