Trousers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
QVC clearly sell thousands and thousands of pairs of trousers every year. So why cant I get one single pair to fit me correctly ?

I've been a customer for over 15 years, and have spent a fair bit in return postage fees because yet another pair do not fit right.

Having seen a Nina Leonard pair on the models recently, I thought they look ok, AND they have a narrow hem and are just above ankle length which I prefer. Huh ! I knew it was another disaster when I unwrapped them. Despite buying my correct waist size, me AND the dog could have fitted easily they were so huge. The hem was a flappy 9" (18" circumference) and hardly narrow as seen on the models, so its yet another return. I thought I was on to a winner but I think the problem lies in that the larger the size, the larger the hem width, so they look how I want them to be on the smaller models. Which doesn't carry through in the larger sizes.

I've tried Ruth Langsford - as its supposed to be her 'speciality', but I find them too rigid and too long, and I loathe the poly elastene jersey mix of pull ons. Also tried something called Bengalines, but the fabric is such that I find it 'slides' down and I'm perpetually hoiking them up.

I just want a pair of narrow leg, just above the ankle trousers/jeans, but the perfect pair is still eluding me.

QVC clearly sell thousands and thousands of pairs of trousers every year. So why cant I get one single pair to fit me correctly ?

I've been a customer for over 15 years, and have spent a fair bit in return postage fees because yet another pair do not fit right.

Having seen a Nina Leonard pair on the models recently, I thought they look ok, AND they have a narrow hem and are just above ankle length which I prefer. Huh ! I knew it was another disaster when I unwrapped them. Despite buying my correct waist size, me AND the dog could have fitted easily they were so huge. The hem was a flappy 9" (18" circumference) and hardly narrow as seen on the models, so its yet another return.

I've tried Ruth Langsford - as its supposed to be her 'speciality', but I find them too rigid and too long, and I loathe the poly elastene jersey mix of pull ons.

I just want a pair of narrow leg, just above the ankle trousers/jeans, but the perfect pair is still eluding me.

Have you tried Bon Marche Jeggings?

Not the jeggings no, but I've found their linen crops serve me well in the summer. But I'll give them a look, thanks.

QVC jeans/trousers never fit me, they are too long in the rise and they bag around the crotch area (nice). I did however buy some Coco Bianco palazzo pants that sort of fall from the waist and they fit lovely and look great. They're holiday trousers though, you'd never wear them to work or Tesco.

CC

I have trouble getting trousers to fit my high waist,so found the Bon Marche jeggings fit quite nicely. I got some crop trousers from Cotton Traders but the models must have had very fat calves as they were bigger round my calves but they did fit on my waist,just. On well must be thankful for something I suppose.

I won’t order anything from QVC that requires a fit, clothes & footwear as I do not want to pay P&P plus returns which can add up to total of £10.I have an account with JL so can order a couple of sizes try on, return one or all for free.This would apply to other suppliers but Q, No!

QVC jeans/trousers never fit me, they are too long in the rise and they bag around the crotch area (nice). I did however buy some Coco Bianco palazzo pants that sort of fall from the waist and they fit lovely and look great. They're holiday trousers though, you'd never wear them to work or Tesco.

CC

..Bet you do......

When you see what some folk wear to go round our nearest Tesco flowery palazzos would actually look quite normal. I have seen someone in their pyjamas, tons of folk wear slippers and the minute the sun comes out we get men in long shorts and no shirts. Quite horrible!

CC

When you see what some folk wear to go round our nearest Tesco flowery palazzos would actually look quite normal. I have seen someone in their pyjamas, tons of folk wear slippers and the minute the sun comes out we get men in long shorts and no shirts. Quite horrible!

CC

Must have been Mr B. His slippers are glued to his feet. He even took them on a camping holiday!

Yes, Mr CC has worn slippers outside but only to the local shop which I still think is a bit common (sorry, my dad was a snob who instilled high standards). However, when I heard the BIN LORRY AT 7AM the other morning - changed the times and told no one - I charged out with my fluorescent coral dressing gown and baffies on to make sure our bin got emptied. Thankfully quite early so no one saw me. The surly bin man returned my bin to the front door (unheard of!!), he clearly thought I was a lunatic.

CC

I discovered M & S chinos last year, tapered leg and can fit just above the whole depending on which length you choose. I have got quite a few pairs now of regular length and a couple of short length that I wear as a crop.

Yes, Mr CC has worn slippers outside but only to the local shop which I still think is a bit common (sorry, my dad was a snob who instilled high standards). However, when I heard the BIN LORRY AT 7AM the other morning - changed the times and told no one - I charged out with my fluorescent coral dressing gown and baffies on to make sure our bin got emptied. Thankfully quite early so no one saw me. The surly bin man returned my bin to the front door (unheard of!!), he clearly thought I was a lunatic.

CC

God forbid we miss bin day. Mr B & I get so excited a few nights before. Baffies=slippers, right? Gaelic or regional term?

Latest posts

Back