QVC Sale TSV 21/08/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the next QVC Sale TSV is on the 21/08/19

Will they actually have any decent reductions, and what state will the stock they are selling be in? We have all heard horror stories about unwashed, used items being sent out.

QVC calling it a sale, and it actually being a sale in the way a store on the high street has a sale, are usually worlds apart. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Everything should be at least half price in the sale and if it is a used return it should be 30% of the original price. They could chuck in some free postage as well. I've had some real bargains in Ideal World's sale, shoes for a fiver, two pairs of trousers for £12.99, a little grill thing for a tenner. Even things in QVC's last clicks/clearance are still way overpriced and fashion is usually only in sizes XS or 3XL (although I have had a couple of things at XS but they still weren't bargain basement prices).

CC

Everything should be at least half price in the sale and if it is a used return it should be 30% of the original price. They could chuck in some free postage as well. I've had some real bargains in Ideal World's sale, shoes for a fiver, two pairs of trousers for £12.99, a little grill thing for a tenner. Even things in QVC's last clicks/clearance are still way overpriced and fashion is usually only in sizes XS or 3XL (although I have had a couple of things at XS but they still weren't bargain basement prices).

CC

And isn't it annoying that you cannot search the "fashion" by dress size or shoe size? That way, you wouldn't waste time looking at items that aren't available in your size... but no, this is the Q website, powered by wind (not advanced to steam yet).

And isn't it annoying that you cannot search the "fashion" by dress size or shoe size? That way, you wouldn't waste time looking at items that aren't available in your size... but no, this is the Q website, powered by wind (not advanced to steam yet).

I was bemoaning the lack of “search by size” only yesterday when I was looking at Skechers. Had I been a shoe size 3 or 8 I would have found nearly all styles and colours available to me but click on a bargain and you’ll never get your size. What a waste of my time having to click on all the ones I might be interested in only to find no size 6 or 6.5.

Something like this maybe?

Here is photo from DF's blog

Storage-bag-2.jpg

They're a bit drab-looking...not much different to a brown cardboard box. Also very similsr to the Camouflage zip-around bags TSV. I wonder what the unique selling point will be?

Periea Set of 2 Large Collapsible Storage Boxes
Item Number: 808793
QVC Price £37.00
Todays Special Value Price £28.98
P&P £3.95

A set of two large collapsible storage boxes by Periea with metal frames that allow for sturdy storage, zipped panels on the front and top so you can close the containers completely, plus front and side window panels to give you a clear view of what's inside. Clean up your clutter and hide it away for another day with this versatile storage box duo.

*A great saving: if you were to buy two large storage boxes directly from Periea you’d pay £49.99. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £28.98, plus P&P, you’re saving £17.06.

Get a clear view - the handy large front window panel and smaller side window panel on each of the storage boxes allow you to find what you need easily and quickly, without having to open up the boxes and dig around.

Choose your colour - this duo comes in your choice of four colours so you can find the most suitable for your home decor. Grey or Ecru are both light, neutral colours that will go with anything whilst Eggplant, a dark purple, or Navy, are both ideal options if you want something darker and bolder.

Zip fastening
Fabric handle on both sides
Fabric and metal frame construction
Capacity: 77L
Can hold up to 20kg

Contains:

2 x large storage boxes (l x w x h) 53.3cm x 40.6cm x 35.6cm (21" x 16" x 14")

Colour options:

Grey
Ecru
Navy
Eggplant

Care instructions:

Allow containers to air out for a few days before use if required
Wipe clean with damp cloth
Bags should be stored on a flat surface
Do not store permanently on hooks

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.808793

You can buy the boxes direct from Peria website for £14.99 per large in the plain colours with free uk delivery...

https://www.periea.com/product/peri...rage-box-black-grey-cream-small-medium-large/

Also they just said they're a UK brand - yet they've been on QVC US for a while.

They have the 2 pack of same boxes (with much nicer and patterned designs to choose from!) at $29.99 in dollars...
Plus you can read the - not amazing - reviews...

https://www.qvc.com/Periea-Set-of-2...em=V36468&recommendationTypeId=IOFFER&sc=DTLR

(Oh just spotted QVC Us also has set of 4 Peria boxes as its own TSV today! Better value and more options of course!) ;)

They are always saying ‘costs £x (much higher price) on company’s own website’ thanks for pointing that out QVC but I would never consider paying that price in the first place!I will not be looking to them for any ‘bargains’ £3.95 p&p, no thanks!

I know that I would bend the metal frame & just have a squishy bag that doesn't look that big. I think it's really easy to get drawn into the land of storage boxes & end up with a home filled with stuff that's just packed away. In the past year I've discovered wool duvets (bliss) & the ones I bought came with large heavy cotton storage bags, the duvets are on beds so these bags are full of soft stuff too bulky to fit into boxes & fit perfectly under the bed in the spare room.

They are always saying ‘costs £x (much higher price) on company’s own website’ thanks for pointing that out QVC but I would never consider paying that price in the first place!I will not be looking to them for any ‘bargains’ £3.95 p&p, no thanks!

SF, and for anyone else who’s interested, they’re on eBay for £7.99 each with free delivery, same brand name :mysmilie_3:

I know that I would bend the metal frame & just have a squishy bag that doesn't look that big. I think it's really easy to get drawn into the land of storage boxes & end up with a home filled with stuff that's just packed away. In the past year I've discovered wool duvets (bliss) & the ones I bought came with large heavy cotton storage bags, the duvets are on beds so these bags are full of soft stuff too bulky to fit into boxes & fit perfectly under the bed in the spare room.

Ahhhh! Wool duvets - the best thing I've ever slept under. They're fab aren't they? I bought mine from the Woolroom. I was so impressed I bought pillows for OH, too. He's always been a down fan but our down duvet was making me sweatier than ever. I bought the pillows you can fill to your own level as OH likes them stuffed to bursting.

Where did you but yours? I'd seen one in Dunelm but had been warned on here about it as it has a synthetic liner - sure enough, when i moved it, it crinkled!

Back to Q's generous sale. I notice their worklights/power bank item is down to... exactly the same price it was when I first noticed it in the sale after Christmas. And it's been that price ever since. Great sale!

Isn't there supposed to be some kind of law that it has to be a lowered price for the previous so many days before they can call it a sale price? Or does their version of the sale-upon-sale-with-constant-price count?

Haven't seen anything I might have been tempted by except a dress which they only had in a size 8 so money safe (and I don't need any more dresses).

CC

Latest posts

Back