Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The radiator shows really make my blood boil. Yet again the implication is that you are getting "free" heat when you are getting nothing of the sort.

Then you have Vol Au Vent with stuff like "it takes ages for normal central heating radiators to heat up, then you have the noise as well.

Is he living in some Victorian house with creaking pipes etc??? I've never heard such guff as being told to buy electric heaters because central heating is noisy.

I just hope people at home realise that as well as paying extra on your electric bill, you have to make back the £500 "investment" and I use the term investment very loosely indeed.

Iphone 8 last night for a bargain price of £449.99 for a renewed phone with a one year warranty , and uncertain on condition of battery and a one year warranty

You can buy a brand new one for £479 from John Lewis brand new and 2 year warranty

https://www.johnlewis.com/apple-iphone-8-ios-11-4-7-inch-4g-lte-sim-free-64gb/space-grey/p3298347

Or one from Amazon brand new for £459

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075V3RKP3/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

or a renewed on from Amazon for £310

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0797Q7MNK/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

How do they all sleep at night knowing they are ripping people off

You should have heard him Mutts, he was laying it on with a trowel with the ‘Mam’ stories : -

‘Me Mam has bad eyesight so the lights will help’
‘Even Me Mam could use this as it’s so lightweight’

Jeez he’s a creep :down:

Ah, he's so caring to his mam😰. I wonder if she actually exists, the film Psycho springs to mind. And creep is the perfect world Wirral.

That iPhone offer is disgusting. As Deano says, available new from several places brand new for pretty much the same price. In fact at Amazon, it is only a tenner more for a brand new one, and has the option to pay in 5 instalments with zero interest.

£500 for a 2000 watt electric heater, they're taking the piss! You can get a heater for less than £30 that will do the same thing. I just wonder how many people will get sucked in?

They have no shame!!!!

Just been watching Hayley selling a pair of plug in mini heaters, that will take the chill off your personal space....Yeah how many people's personal space has a plug point within it, which is at the right height to warm anything other than your ankles? Most of them are tucked away behind things or at skirting board level. In the kitchen maybe but soon as you put on the kettle for that cuppa or put on the oven you'll soon warm up! Next item she was trying to flog was a cordless vac....and cited how convenient it is since most plugs are tucked away behind things!!!! Make your mind up love!

Did anyone catch the 9pm Watch show last night?

Peter Simon and Kevinski were extolling the virtues of a £750 Vostock watch-winder display case and not only was one of the watches being wound a quartz model but the close up pictures of the case showed a missing rivet!

missingrivet.jpg

The missing rivet is also very clearly visible on the IW page for this product (second picture, the close up of the latch)!

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/vostok-europe-collectors-watch-winder-and-storage-box-500760

Still what can you expect for £750 these days?

As has been said many times on this thread, the contempt they have for their viewers is unbelievable.

Last edited:

Peter Simon and Kevinski were extolling the virtues of a £750 Vostock watch-winder display case and not only was one of the watches being wound a quartz model but the close up pictures of the case showed a missing rivet!

View attachment 18023

The missing rivet is also very clearly visible on the IW page for this product (second picture, the close up of the latch)!

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/vostok-europe-collectors-watch-winder-and-storage-box-500760

As has been said many times on this thread, the contempt they have for their viewers is unbelievable.

I know, £750 for a watch box with built in watch winder. But don't forget, it's very rare and very valuable. :mysmilie_17:

Really, I can never see the sense in a watch winder anyway. What is the point of putting wear and tear on a watches that you're not wearing?

Reading through his promotional feature on Ideal's website, it turns out that Thomas Toupé spent the early part of his career in the Gerald Ratner Group. You will recall Gerald Ratner's infamous quote about his products, “How can you sell this for such a low price?”, I say, “because it’s total crap.” I suspect that it was Ideal's strict adherence to this principle that made it an obvious choice for Mr Toupe's particular expertise.

Talking about the £599 Matthey Tissot Lord watch on the Vostok show last night, Peter Simon referenced Mike Mason as "wanting one". Wanting? Mr Mason may "want" a lot of things, but that's not quite the same thing as buying. Perhaps Mason, with all his intended watch purchases, has become the fictional version of Vostok collector Dave Loyden.

View attachment 18023

You've got really good eyesight, that's a good spot.

Probably just a display model Reynolds lugs about with him, Ideal world don't keep any stock of the Vostok or Mathey Tissot stuff, they get delivered direct from Kevin Reynolds company, Watchbase UK ltd, but it doesn't look good when your trying to flog something for £750 and it's got glaring faults.

Reading through his promotional feature on Ideal's website, it turns out that Thomas Toupé spent the early part of his career in the Gerald Ratner Group. You will recall Gerald Ratner's infamous quote about his products, “How can you sell this for such a low price?”, I say, “because it’s total crap.” I suspect that it was Ideal's strict adherence to this principle that made it an obvious choice for Mr Toupe's particular expertise.

Talking about the £599 Matthey Tissot Lord watch on the Vostok show last night, Peter Simon referenced Mike Mason as "wanting one". Wanting? Mr Mason may "want" a lot of things, but that's not quite the same thing as buying. Perhaps Mason, with all his intended watch purchases, has become the fictional version of Vostok collector Dave Loyden.

:mysmilie_19:

Yeah just like he was wanting the Vostok Almaz, which was freely available for him to get when it was on IW, despite his protestations that there might not be enough stock for him, the other presenters are often buying stuff during the shows, so there was nothing stopping him or the "Godess" buying it.

Last edited:
:mysmilie_19:

Yeah just like he was wanting the Vostok Almaz, which was freely available for him to get when it was on IW, despite his protestations that there might not be enough stock for him, the other presenters are often buying stuff during the shows, so there was nothing stopping him or the "Godess" buying it.

The presenters don't really buy the things they tell the viewers they have bought -it's all just an act !

Noticed yesterday evening that they've now got those ripoff ceramic radiators with the Beldray brand name; wonder how much Ideal World paid the brand owner to do that? Plus Mike 'Gollum' Mason and Volauvent's usual unscientific demonstration didn't go quite to plan when Gollum had to interrupt Volauvent to tell him the radiator wasn't plugged in :mysmilie_15:

Well big watch show now, Peter Simon sets the stage saying big savings, introductory proces, saving hundreds and hundreds of pounds,. Considering the dearest watch on their web site is $195 I wonder how we're going to save hundreds.:mysmilie_17:

Geesh that's real cheap stuff the night, probably cost a £10 each if you buy them in bulk from China. They're saying be good xmas present, the only thing i would associate that watch with xmas is as a cracker toy, I would be embarrassed giving that to someone and would not be amused to receive one. Even Tope doesn't look that interested, although, like usual, he's probably mates with the brand owner.:mysmilie_19:

Really if folks are wanting cheaper watches, they would be better off buying Sekonda or Pulsar instead of this rubbish.

Last edited:
Geesh that's real cheap stuff the night, probably cost a £10 each if you buy them in bulk from China. They're saying be good xmas present, the only thing i would associate that watch with xmas is as a cracker toy, I would be embarrassed giving that to someone and would not be amused to receive one. Even Tope doesn't look that interested, although, like usual, he's probably mates with the brand owner.:mysmilie_19:

Really if folks are wanting cheaper watches, they would be better off buying Sekonda or Pulsar instead of this rubbish.

It looked like Christin Lars watches all over again. :puke:

Latest posts

Back