£1 Super Crash Event – This Weekend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

was that the opals? if so how on earth can you get them?i doubt u cud ring up quick enough i know i tried itwas impossible lol :rolleyes:

russian diopside yellow gold pendant just went for £1 in 35 seconds... and yes only 1 in game who the hell can dial that fast speedygonflippingzales!!!!!!!!!

I think you have to ring in for every item but NOT press 1 to confirm that way when it does sound you can press 1 and get it, but that wouldn't really work either as it is first come first served so if 2 other people press 1 then it drops to £1 you still have no chance of winning. I have not seen an aution go unsold yet, strange as this was happening left, right and centre since the timed auctions started.

Rather than a genuine benefit to customers this seems more & more like a cynical ploy to increase sales.

If they had games which were open to web buyers there would be nothing to stop them snatching everything & then dumping them out of their baskets when they didn't drop to £1 but with phone buyers they have to go through with the sale which is why everything is selling out whereas recently very little has been.

Do Gems really think we're too stupid to see through their plan? Probably.

:( I was watching just now and there were 24 white gold pendants forget the stone it all whizzed by that quick....
I pressed buy now on web even before it showed a £1 and was told I was too late..""What"!!!!.. Fiona said all had been allocated to phone and yes wait for it...
web buyers!!....how can they lie like this...I'm not a happy bunny anymore with Gems.

"In fact I'm as :mad: as hell"!!!!!!!!

Morning everyone (just!). I sent an e-mail last night about the problem and I got the following in response (at 2 am):

'Thank you for your email on Saturday 6th September 2008, regarding the special games that have been appearing on Gems TV for 1.00 pound.

I would like to confirm that we value all of our customers, and do not want or wish to lose any. I am sorry that you feel that the games are a con. I can assure you that the games are not a con, it is just the shear volume of customers wanted to purchase the same item at the same time.

I realise you are extremely disappointed as you wanted to purchase these item for Christmas presents.

I believe if Derek did mention for Freeview customer’s to log on and take advantage of the games when the viewing time had finished, it was a genuine mistake.

I would suggest that if you feel strongly about these games, that you send in a letter of complaint to: The Customer Services Manager, The Complaints Department, Gems TV (UK) Ltd, Unit 2d, Eagle Road, Moons Moat North Industrial Estate, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 9HF.

I do sincerely hope that you do continue to order from Gems TV in the future.

There's your address for complaints MB and Cleopatra. xx

My website is working OK...I just clicked as soon as the £1 sign came up and there were 23, but it said none left...I wonder how many phone lines they have operating at once?

People on the web can't necessarily grab first - it depends on the speed of the connection - sometimes it's way behind.

I've also been told different things in the past by different CS staff - notably about return postage. I wouldn't expect refund of return postage if an item isn't faulty (this I know is another issue been discussed before), but one CS told me they do refund it for any reason if you're not happy with it. I checked again and another CS told me it's only if the item is faulty, in fact they said "I don't know why in God's name they said that" which isn't the sort of thing you expect a professional to say..! That was some time back, before all these changes people are complaining about. So it seems they need to make sure all their CS staff are saying the same thing.

Anyone know how many viewers Gems tv are getting? They'd need a heck of a lot of phone lines to cater for everyone ringing in, so those 23 items at £1 are a drop in the ocean...

It's wrong if it was in your basket and then taken out though.

There have been mistakes on the website - one time all the webgames (on the items I was looking for) were replaced by new stock at higher prices. Next day the old items were back...Looked like someone had fed in the wrong info... also the low proces on the turquoise and lapis items which were there for one day before they went up -I think someone just put the wrong prices in that time. (I was lucky and grabbed one!)

So yes there are issues...

I agree with the marketing principle that if the customer likes the seller they'll buy - that's why I'm always wary of friendly salespeople!

All in all nobody's perfect - maybe they're getting too big...But I don't want to diss them out of hand...

Thee were some issues in the past about not mentioning heat treatments and fissure-filing etc., but the info is there if you look, that these procedures are common with gemstones - the high street doesn't tell you that either...

Sorry I've gone off topic here, but it's all swings and roundabouts imho...

I think that the £1 items must go to people who are already on the phone confirming bids for previous items. That's the only way I can think that they can go so quickly. :(

Morning everyone (just!). I sent an e-mail last night about the problem and I got the following in response (at 2 am):

'Thank you for your email on Saturday 6th September 2008, regarding the special games that have been appearing on Gems TV for 1.00 pound.

I would like to confirm that we value all of our customers, and do not want or wish to lose any. I am sorry that you feel that the games are a con. I can assure you that the games are not a con, it is just the shear volume of customers wanted to purchase the same item at the same time.

I realise you are extremely disappointed as you wanted to purchase these item for Christmas presents.

I believe if Derek did mention for Freeview customer’s to log on and take advantage of the games when the viewing time had finished, it was a genuine mistake.

I would suggest that if you feel strongly about these games, that you send in a letter of complaint to: The Customer Services Manager, The Complaints Department, Gems TV (UK) Ltd, Unit 2d, Eagle Road, Moons Moat North Industrial Estate, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 9HF.

I do sincerely hope that you do continue to order from Gems TV in the future.

There's your address for complaints MB and Cleopatra. xx

Thanks for that hun but im sure i cant take my complaint higher than gems i did speak to the cs night manager last night and the "system" was told blame!!!!!!!!!

I still think you could complain. At the end of the day they are always saying that they cannot end a game unless all the stock has been allocated. In this case it was allocated and people on the phone shouldn't have been given preference.

Also, that's two e-mails from them now that says these games are only open to phone buyers - in that case it might be a good idea for them to tell their presenters that!!!! And have a clear advertising campaign. Grrrr....... Am getting all annoyed about it again now because it's just such bad customer service. :mad:

:mad: Jacky!! I totaly agree with all you have said re the 23 in a game........
I too bid for one even before the £1 came up on my computor and was told....
""I was too late""
This is the biggest farce I've ever seen in my life...
"""Remember Gems the pedestal isnt just toppling "its almost over for you""!!!:mad::eek:

MB and Cleopatra - this is a clear case of misrepresentation/mis-selling. If items were not available to web bidders then this should have been CLEARLY stated in the promotional literature AND reinforced by all the presenters. Clearly GemsTV didn't think this through and therefore items were going to web bidders so mid-way they changed their strategy which is totally unacceptable.

Both of you need to complain. You can file an online complaint at the ASA here:-

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/how_to_complain/

You also need to contact Trading Standards and lodge a complaint with them also. They work on a regional basis so you need to look in your local phone book for their contact number.

Just so you know, this is not the first time this has happened. In the past 2-3 years it has happened to me on 3 separate occasions. Each time I have won something (via the web) when the price has clearly been punched in incorrectly on the tv screen so it's sold for less than it should. On each occasion a manager from CS has called me and said that there were only X in the game but the "system" had allocated more and so they were contacting anybody over the X number to remove it from their baskets. If you believe that load of BS you'll believe anything. I have always thought that they did it just to get the piece back so they could sell it again at the right price.

GemsTV have lost 51% of their business in 2008 compared to 2007 - I wonder why? :confused: :rolleyes:

Good luck to MB and Cleopatra. Don't let this slide.

I've no idea whether this has any relevance to this particular topic, but a few years back, my mother went in to a jewellers and wanted to buy a ring. I was with her, and told her I'd pay on my credit card, I handed over the card, was presented with the slip to sign, and just before I signed it, was told that the price of the ring was wrong, in fact it was almost double that of the tag and that displayed in the window. When I complained that they had taken my card, put it through and handed me the slip to sign so they should honour it, I was told that the contract wasn't complete, and that up till that point, the price was only an offer on their part to sell the goods. Needless to say we walked out of the shop, and my mum was extremely upset and disappointed.

:doggie:

Latest posts

Back