£10,000 necklace but still a fiver for postage

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
I notice a £10,000 necklace in the last hour but they`re still charging £4.95 postage. On one hand they`re trying to pretend to be up market by selling such expensive bling but on the other hand by charging p and p it`s a bit like going into Aspreys and the sales assistant asking would you like to buy a 10p plastic bag to carry home your diamonds ?

The stupid thing is that properly packaging, insuring and couriering something of this value would probably be a good bit more than £4.95 so it’s proof that they just pluck a figure out of thin air.

Nevertheless I agree at that price is should be free and I’ll bet it comes in rubbish packaging. I notice a review on a diamond ring (albeit it one of the cheaper ones) being sent in an Eek box.

Just noticed that it includes earnings so in fact a real bargain! Pity I dont have pierced ears so I’ll just have to pass this time.

But don’t forget that it comes with an authenticity certificate.

What a shame therefore that when they proudly showed the certificate in its box, that the printing on it said “AUTHENTYCITY.” 😳

If they can’t even spell a word on the card, it makes me wonder whether the necklace etc should have a lower price, e.g. £9.99. (Sorry, it’s the teacher coming out in me. 😉)

It is a thing of beauty! The presentation's funny...it's available on 3 easy pays of £3.333k breezed Gilly as though you were ordering a pair of socks -If that kind of money is "easy" then I doubt you'd need to! Lord knows how much they'd charge you to send it back if you decided not to keep it....it doesn't bear thinking about really. Also they didn't say anything about the postage - for your £4.95 what sort of delivery are you gonna get? Over the fence, behind the bin? Recorded post? Signature required etc etc...you need to know these things - I'd be anxious!

Here it is. Hey! you get earrings with it and it's down from £12.000! Total bargain.

No doubt for that cruise as Pippa mentioned the other day when they start again. She was talking about some diamonique and mentioned perfect for a cruise.

So what do you say at the PO when you return it ? they always ask me how much the contents are worth, and to pay extra for anything over £50. So what would be the insurance extra charge when you say its £10,000 !!!! It'd be cheaper to catch a train to Liverpool and return it in person.

So what do you say at the PO when you return it ? they always ask me how much the contents are worth, and to pay extra for anything over £50. So what would be the insurance extra charge when you say its £10,000 !!!! It'd be cheaper to catch a train to Liverpool and return it in person.

You can't send it by any sort of post or courier, I did a lot of research on this about a year ago.

I needed to sell something worth much more than this (NO, NOT THE CROWN) and was liaising with a bullion dealer in Birmingham and was told there was NO SAFE WAY of sending it to him by any method.

He said the only way was for me to deliver it personally to him by train and taxis, and of course I would be taking the risk of carrying it with me for about 5 hours.

I assume diamond merchants and bullion dealers have trusted couriers that they use, and they are also usually located close to each other such as in Birmingham's jewellery quarter.

Last edited:
TBH QVC continually boast that diamonique is as good as the real thing, so why should anyone buy this instead ? Unless you walk around with the price tag showing or tell everyone how much it cost (attracting any potential thief), then no-one will know its real except you.

Equally, those who could afford it and have places and occasions to wear it, would hardly buy it from a shopping channel. Not yer common or garden qvc customer who are told that Artscape is ideal for garden parties and weddings 😂

We used to have a lovely Swarovski shop in town and they always had beautiful sparkly fancy jewellery in their windows and as much as some of the stuff caught your eye, you`d always be wondering who on Earth bought their fancy ornate necklaces and earrings ? I have a couple of Swarovski items, a simple solitaire crystal on a chain with matching earrings and a small crystal flower pendant but I`d look at their larger much fancier pieces in their velvet cases costing hundreds and be baffled.
The shop closed down several years ago and I notice on their website they don`t have nowhere near as many glitzy ornate pieces as they used to have but this QVC necklace and earrings reminds me so much of the stuff Swarovski sold back in the day.

Did it really sell out, good heavens? Good luck to anyone who tries to return it and not getting refunded after three weeks, then making a panicked 'phone call to customer service who calmly say they've not received it yet!
I tried to see the QVC stamp on the close up but didn't spot it.

Latest posts

Back