£10 off £25 spend code - works on TSV but be quick!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for the reply, Andi.

I just tried it and the code was rejected as being not yet valid. I think that means they have twigged what has happened now, so congrats to all who managed to use it!

Thanks for the reply, Andi.

I just tried it and the code was rejected as being not yet valid. I think that means they have twigged what has happened now, so congrats to all who managed to use it!

Aw, sorry it didn’t work for you. Did you get anything before today with the code at least?

I am secretly relieved for myself as I was very close to buying the TSV with the code too. I know a lot of us on here say “I don’t need x”, “I’ve got enough y to last me five years” or “I’ve already just bought six bottles of z” but I count myself among the worst because it’s got ridiculous, despite my inventories which are supposed to help me see sense (all they really do is help me use up the oldest items first). For me, the lure of a really good price (which if you want MB, the TSV with the discount would certainly be) seems to trump all. I fell asleep last night thinking how I could justify the purchase of the MB TSV but decided I would pop in and try the scents I don’t know first and maybe buy later today. I mean, it’s still a good price at £38 really but knowing I could have got it £10 cheaper will stop me. Hurrah!

I got nothing with the code as, being an idiot, I didn't read this thread until today!!!! However, I had already decided that the only beauty TSVs I knew about which I would buy were MB and Decleor. Not that I have seen the price of the Decleor one. So I still think the MB price is good and am happy to pay it. I usually buy the boxed duos in their own sale which come out around £26. I hope I don't like any of the perfumes they pick this year! Mind you I was fed up with some of the "outlet" perfumes I got last time because they were just the same as previous ones but with a different name. The only one which would tempt me which may now be an "outlet" product is Wild Fairyfleur. I used that recently, absolutely lovely IMHO. Ditto Puritas handwash. I think it can be safer to stick with their main shop menu of perfumes.

It was fun while it lasted, but probably for the best...I was heading for a shopping frenzy like MrM!
I got a Clarissa Hulse throw for <£22 delivered, down from the original Q price of £66, a couple of Bronzo clearance items and a couple of OPI polishes. All items I had my eye on.
The main item, ordered on Sunday has been despatched - this M.Asam duo - I was chuffed to get that item alone with a tenner off. Then when it worked yesterday as well I got a little over-excited, but there were really only a few things that tempted me. probably just as well!

I just got some biscuits with the code but it wouldn’t work with the MB TSV. Still it’s worth trying it.

It was fun while it lasted, but probably for the best...I was heading for a shopping frenzy like MrM!
I got a Clarissa Hulse throw for <£22 delivered, down from the original Q price of £66, a couple of Bronzo clearance items and a couple of OPI polishes. All items I had my eye on.
The main item, ordered on Sunday has been despatched - this M.Asam duo - I was chuffed to get that item alone with a tenner off. Then when it worked yesterday as well I got a little over-excited, but there were really only a few things that tempted me. probably just as well!

I agree. I only bought a couple of things I’d had my eye on anyway but I did spend longer than I usually do browsing items over £25 I might like! Fortunately, I didn’t go mad.

It’s hard to believe the code worked for so long without QVC cottoning on. It was obviously a massive mistake (for them!) that everything was going through with the discount despite not being in the homewares/food category, but how did it happen in the first place, never mind carry on for two days? (Rhetorical question!) Serves them right for being so rigidly automated. Do they not have someone scanning the internet for things like this? They really don’t have a clue, do they?

The question is now, will they honour all the orders at the reduced price which have not yet been despatched? They can’t just take another tenner from our cards but they might cancel? Also, I wonder if it will all blow up on Facebook when people get wind of the fact that others got the TSV (etc) £10 cheaper so they all want £10 off?

I agree. I only bought a couple of things I’d had my eye on anyway but I did spend longer than I usually do browsing items over £25 I might like! Fortunately, I didn’t go mad.

It’s hard to believe the code worked for so long without QVC cottoning on. It was obviously a massive mistake (for them!) that everything was going through with the discount despite not being in the homewares/food category, but how did it happen in the first place, never mind carry on for two days? (Rhetorical question!) Serves them right for being so rigidly automated. Do they not have someone scanning the internet for things like this? They really don’t have a clue, do they?

The question is now, will they honour all the orders at the reduced price which have not yet been despatched? They can’t just take another tenner from our cards but they might cancel? Also, I wonder if it will all blow up on Facebook when people get wind of the fact that others got the TSV (etc) £10 cheaper so they all want £10 off?

That's my worry Andi. Not one of my orders have been despatched yet, even though three of them were placed on Sunday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now though.

It's the best price glitch since the Elemis huge cleanser and toner with PCMC from years ago. When that happened we were all sent an email (or was it a letter) saying we'd been "very naughty but..blah blah..should send it back... but as a gesture of goodwill...blah blah"

As long as the orders show as despatched we should be fine ...the next 24 hours will be crucial*...mind you QVC doesn't usually have the capacity to intercept orders we want to cancel so finger crossed we'll get our goodies!

*too dramatic?:drama:

My MB set has been despatched and the despatch email says order total £17.95. Yippee! I'd rather have this than the TSV anyway (she lied as she wants both).

CC

It appears that the email confirmations show the discount but when you look on your account it shows the full price, no reference to the discount, not sure if this is always the case or not or whether they are not honouring the discount.

That's my worry Andi. Not one of my orders have been despatched yet, even though three of them were placed on Sunday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now though.

I’ll be gutted for you if not, especially if they cancel the thoughtful presents you said you ordered.

It's the best price glitch since the Elemis huge cleanser and toner with PCMC from years ago. When that happened we were all sent an email (or was it a letter) saying we'd been "very naughty but..blah blah..should send it back... but as a gesture of goodwill...blah blah"

As long as the orders show as despatched we should be fine ...the next 24 hours will be crucial*...mind you QVC doesn't usually have the capacity to intercept orders we want to cancel so finger crossed we'll get our goodies!

*too dramatic?:drama:

Noooo! Is that what happened?

Good point about them being unable to stop goods going out 45 minutes (is it?) after ordering. I wonder if they will magically be able to stop orders when it suits them??

It appears that the email confirmations show the discount but when you look on your account it shows the full price, no reference to the discount, not sure if this is always the case or not or whether they are not honouring the discount.

It still shows £90 on my order details for the vanity case, after discount code applied, paid £20, so do not think it shows as discounted although it is.

Just checked, both my orders despatched.

have you see the price of the Lindor chocolates double what they cost in the supermarket even with the discount they are not worth it

QVC won't be creating sympathy or guilt. There are high p&p charges which feel like a ripoff... So if their own incompetence, for once, works in customers' favour, nobody will shed a tear.
During Black Friday, Foreo had a product priced at $9.99 on their own website. They are honouring this price even though it should have been priced at $269.99. If a retailer can take a hit of millions of dollars to honour customers good-faith orders, they must have had a healthy mark-up in the first place, but it's good PR for them and it was their own mistake.

QVC needs to accept that if they make a mistake then they should smile and make the best of it, but honour the discount code, in my view.

My LOL earrings have been despatched they were £70 then half price then £10.00 off so £25 with no postage

My third and final order (all placed Sunday) have now been dispatched, phew

Darn. Always late to the party. Hope you all enjoy your bargains.

And Mr Marple do you want to adopt me??? I could do with a very generous, kind relative. :biggrin:

its only on certain home & food items

I got make up with the 10% off and the code worked twice. Mascara is certainly not food and I doubt that it can be classed as a home item, so maybe I got in during a glitch. Both items have been dispatched and the discount was shown on the site when I confirmed the purchase. The discounted price is also pending in my bank account.

Latest posts

Back