£20 Is the new £5

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This morning Dean said £20 is the new £5 and another item was only £10, well to me £20 is still £20 and in the current climate £10 is still £10, a considerable amount, or maybe l am just living on the poverty line.
Just another sales technique to plant the idea in viewers mind that they're getting a bargain (equating the £20 to £5), and to ensure viewers continue to buy buy buy even in the current economic crisis.

Selly telly doesn't care one bit if its viewers are getting themselves into debt, if you have space on a credit card, why not buy some more!

Of course it’s just another of their cynical sales pitches, but this one could be one based on a bit of truth, as far as IW’s presenters are concerned.

Despite the present sales pitch of everyone is in a “saving pennies mode”, I’m pretty sure from a financial position; IW presenters are nowhere near, having to be in a “saving pennies mode”, especially given their on screen announcements of their multiple daily purchases during IW shows, Christ they’re buying stuff like there is no tomorrow, if that's saving pennies then what are they like when they are not.

So when Dean says £20 is the new £5, and it’s only £10, I quite believe he smugly means it more in a way of, in his comfortable financial position, £20 is nothing to him, whereas for many millions £5 is still a lot, especially if you’re on a small pension.

One thing about the presenters, while they may say they’re in “saving pennies mode”, that doesn’t cover what they wear on their wrists, none of the cheap Chinese made crap IW sell for them, no, it’s Rolex, Omega, Cartier, Longines and the Apple Smartwatch that adorn the presenters wrists.;)

Latest posts

Back