£45 for a small Easter egg !!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We have two Hotel Chocolate shops in Belfast. Wait until Easter Tuesday and its pay dirt as all the eggs go down to half price. I did buy one the other year down from £30 to £15 and the chocolate is very thick on the egg and filled with chocolates. They do mainly dark chocolate which I cannot take as it upsets my stomach but you can get milk or white chocolate. Would I buy at full price hell, no, but it was at the time I was okay let's try one of their eggs.

I don’t have a sweet tooth but even as a child didn’t like Easter eggs - I always found them a disappointment.
As an adult I found even with the big brands the chocolate tasted like cheap cooking chocolate.

If I do eat chocolate it has to be the very dark bitter stuff and like the odd bit of Hotel Chocolate but would rather have a small bar with nuts not a big egg.

I know people who rave when Cadbury cream eggs come into the shops but the very thought of all that sweet sickly filing sets my teeth on edge. Crisps or nuts - now that’s a whole different ball game!!,

My mum used to buy me a Suchard easter egg every year even up until she died and I was in my early 20s. It was not that big really the size of the ones they sale now in supermarkets for around £2

My mum used to buy me a Suchard easter egg every year even up until she died and I was in my early 20s. It was not that big really the size of the ones they sale now in supermarkets for around £2
That must have been a real luxury in comparison to the bog standard smarties ones.

We have two Hotel Chocolate shops in Belfast. Wait until Easter Tuesday and its pay dirt as all the eggs go down to half price. I did buy one the other year down from £30 to £15 and the chocolate is very thick on the egg and filled with chocolates. They do mainly dark chocolate which I cannot take as it upsets my stomach but you can get milk or white chocolate. Would I buy at full price hell, no, but it was at the time I was okay let's try one of their eggs.

Thought I was the only one who couldn't 'stomach' Hotel Chocolat chocolate. I desperately want to like it, but sadly a few pieces can act as a quick acting laxative on me !! 😱 So give me a couple of Crunchies any day.

Thought I was the only one who couldn't 'stomach' Hotel Chocolat chocolate. I desperately want to like it, but sadly a few pieces can act as a quick acting laxative on me !! 😱 So give me a couple of Crunchies any day.
I think it might work in the same way as very strong coffee

I don't eat chocolate at all so I treated myself to a pack of plants from IW for Easter, free postage as well.

CC

Latest posts

Back