£60 for a Marley Wynne Scarf ????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I want them to show me the inside of these garments so I can judge the quality for myself. I don't trust the sales spiel - of course they'll say it's quality - just show me close-ups how how the seams are finished and match up, how the hemming is done, the darts, buttonholes, lining, etc etc.

Pigs will also fly.

I want them to show me the inside of these garments so I can judge the quality for myself. I don't trust the sales spiel - of course they'll say it's quality - just show me close-ups how how the seams are finished and match up, how the hemming is done, the darts, buttonholes, lining, etc etc.

Pigs will also fly.
I’d like to know if the sheer (thin , cheap see-through fabric) MW Layers garments have French seams ?

The clip is quite nauseating. yes it's quite a pretty scarf but it's polyester. Get real!
I have something almost identical from "everything costs £5" website and it's good for a fiver. These MW scarves are a joke. I think when MW first came to QVC the fabrics were good quality and the designs vaguely couture but now it's the same as all the other brands, polyester rubbish at massive prices.

CC

Pigs will also fly.
Never thought of that - Yes I know when we're buying clothing online, you're not able to take a close up look the finish of a garment, but since Q are charging such a lot more than anywhere else for their clothes, I think it's the blimmin' least they can do!

This morning I bought a 40% silk 60% viscose scarf, it measures 60" by 22" excluding the fringes, in black and jewel purple paisley design it has the 'burn out' velvet finish that reminds me very much of the Kirks Folly clothing range.

Cost £1.75 from the local hospice shop.

This morning I bought a 40% silk 60% viscose scarf, it measures 60" by 22" excluding the fringes, in black and jewel purple paisley design it has the 'burn out' velvet finish that reminds me very much of the Kirks Folly clothing range.

Cost £1.75 from the local hospice shop.
love some of the vintage brands real quality long since gone

I reckon the ladies that are taken in and buy Marla Wynne used to buy Yong Kim 🙄

Wonder if they still wear their very expensive Yong Kim ‘pieces’ that looked like old scrunched up rags in the drabbest colours ever, always reminded me of what serfs wore in the Middle Ages 😄

I bought and liked a couple of early YK and a few MW very early pieces but neither were worth the money and any quality went down the Swanee PDQ once Q and supplier got their greedy hat on and decided they could really take the p and boy oh boy they did.

Many years ago I visited a Q outlet store and was horrified at the poor quality of the goods on offer there. I assumed at the time (being fairly new to QVC) that those were only there as sub-standard, because they were all flimsy, creased, shapeless and not what you'd even look once at on the high street, never mind twice. Having said that, I saw no Kim & Co outfits and the only one remotely approaching decent quality was Marla Wynne, but they were still asking high street prices, even though they were obviously returns. I left without buying anything. What the quality is like now, I have no idea because I won't pay their prices.

Latest posts

Back