£60 for a Marley Wynne Scarf ????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My grandmother taught me to sew. We would visit our local town and go into M&S where she would pick up items of clothing, take them off the hanger, turn them inside out and see how they were made. Then we would go to the local market to buy fabric and she would make her own version at home. I still check seams, hems, zips and that stripes line up before I buy anything.

She is very very marmite. I enjoyed her when she came on to TV about a decade ago but I’m afraid fame hasn’t done her any favours. I thought a couple of her remarks very un PC and other presenters have been sacked for less.

I was surprised that for professionals the quality wasn’t great but I’m sure nerves were part of it which is why on this type of show I would rather they would have less contestants and don’t send anyone home for at least 2 weeks to give them time to settle. I also think some of them do very free form unrefined styles which showed their weaknesses when they were required to do finer work.

I bought a couple of hand painted silk scarves off an ebay seller. They`re lovely, very light and individual because no 2 scarves are the same. They were all under £15 and a UK seller.
My Gran used to buy kits for hand painting scarves when we used to go to the craft fairs at the SECC. It wasn't just scarves either, I think she hand painted a tie for every single man in her church 🤭 Now I think about it, some of the men wore them to her funeral. That seemed like a nice thing. Miss you Gran.

CC

My Gran used to buy kits for hand painting scarves when we used to go to the craft fairs at the SECC. It wasn't just scarves either, I think she hand painted a tie for every single man in her church 🤭 Now I think about it, some of the men wore them to her funeral. That seemed like a nice thing. Miss you Gran.

CC
That's so lovely. Your gran obviously meant a lot to you & sounds a wonderful woman. I also had amazing grandmothers & if I'm a fraction as good as they were I'll be happy.

Can’t really see any difference between this.

and this

except the price of course.

There’s no real difference except for the fact that one is considerably better value and also it won’t arrive as a return ..... and I’m not talking about QVC’s offering. 😉

Every item of clothing that I’ve ever received from IW is pristine and has the card label attached.

There’s no real difference except for the fact that one is considerably better value and also it won’t arrive as a return ..... and I’m not talking about QVC’s offering. 😉

Every item of clothing that I’ve ever received from IW is pristine and has the card label attached.

Yeah Toril me too, my clothes have always arrived the same, saying that so has everything else, I think any returns go on their eBay shop. 🙏❤️

QVC should hang their heads in shame though, it was bad enough before covid them sending dirty used goods out as new while charging full price, but to do it during and since I find quite sickening, they certainly can’t be trusted, but as we know nothing comes before the almighty dollar for them.

We had our eyes tested at Specsavers yesterday. All very covid compliant I must say. We were handed a tray so that any frames we tried on were put in it to be cleaned before they were put back on display. Unfortunately I could have done with 3 trays as I couldn't decide. Why don't they seem to understand that once I remove my glasses to try on possible replacements I can't see what I look like?! 😄 I had a lovely young chap, Mohamed, helping me decide. I am banking on him being honest and not making me look a fool. He was rocking a man bun so I am not sure if that was a good thing or not 🤔

We had our eyes tested at Specsavers yesterday. All very covid compliant I must say. We were handed a tray so that any frames we tried on were put in it to be cleaned before they were put back on display. Unfortunately I could have done with 3 trays as I couldn't decide. Why don't they seem to understand that once I remove my glasses to try on possible replacements I can't see what I look like?! 😄 I had a lovely young chap, Mohamed, helping me decide. I am banking on him being honest and not making me look a fool. He was rocking a man bun so I am not sure if that was a good thing or not 🤔
I like a man bun on younger men. I went to the opticians in December & was helped by a young man called Nageeb. I've always had a weakness for a dark eyed charmer & he was one with honours, very young Omar Sharif, who I can remember my mum telling me about!

I used to take a friend with me and she would take a photo with her phone so I could have a look with my specs on but I guess that's not allowed now.

Didn't work in the old days when you had to take a roll of film to the chemists to get it processed though.

I used to take a friend with me and she would take a photo with her phone so I could have a look with my specs on but I guess that's not allowed now.

Didn't work in the old days when you had to take a roll of film to the chemists to get it processed though.
There is a tool in the Specsavers website where you can take a 3D image of yourself and try glasses on which was quite helpful although I think it was faulty as I looked much older and the image of my Nanna! 😄

When I went to Specsavers, they were Covid complaint and the procedure was the same as that of Twirl58’s branch.

However, I wasn’t helped by a young man with a man bun or a young man without a man bun. I was ably assisted by an ex-pupil. 😳 My appointment was punctuated with her reminiscing about the fun time she had in my class. 🙄

My grandmother taught me to sew. We would visit our local town and go into M&S where she would pick up items of clothing, take them off the hanger, turn them inside out and see how they were made. Then we would go to the local market to buy fabric and she would make her own version at home. I still check seams, hems, zips and that stripes line up before I buy anything.
sounds like your grandmother was my mum...she did exactly the same thing

I have an animal print silk scarf I bought at the Versaille gift shop when I was in France with friends.
We were old school friends celebrating our 60th birthdays. It is floaty and big enough to wear as a sarong and cost me 10 euros.
And nothing is cheap in any of those gift shop especially Versailles

Latest posts

Back