‘Today Only Price’ Selling ‘Promotion’

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Guy Andrews

Registered Shopper
This has been happening a lot - on air with a today only price - checked next day on website and suprise surprise it’s still for sale at the ‘today only price’ - last night Kim and buyer made a big faux shock at an apparent pricing error - and you’ll be be aghast that that product is still on for sale with the ‘pricing error/today only price ‘ - it’s all abit nefarious (love that word lol) and doesn’t really instill any trust in TJC - this afternoon I also received a call about postage charges (pushing TJC plus) alas I couldn’t understand much of the message - do they have a call centre in India ?

Yep, think so RE the India call centre.

In the last few weeks, lots of things like this seem to have crept in like this.

I could be putting 2+2 together and getting 5 here but Faz who seemed to be in charge of redoing the website and made it a lot slicker had a back injury of some sort and hasn't been seen for a while.

Could be way off but I think he plays quite a major logic in the background.

And of course using a fag lighter to show clarity of the stone of a £400+ ring isn’t exactly classy 😆 When TJC get it ‘right’ - refunding return items quickly, responding to customer service emails in hours and clearance prices that’s great - I’ve been fortunate to get diamonds,silver and Opatra years ago at excellent prices … I‘ve had a few orders disappeared/out of stock/customer returns … and duplicate items sent (!) and charged once - even a Mossiante ring that I didn’t order … the duplicate items were collected swiftly …

TJC have been doing this off and on for a while. Mark Gould used to get a lot of "mistakes" happening to him, and he would then pretend to get really angry about it like it was an insult to his family's honour. It really is hilarious, but it must work, or TJC wouldn't keep doing it.

Gemporia also have a lot of "pricing mistakes" with their on-air items. Coincidentally, both companies have both had one Colin Wagstaffe as their Managing Directors at one point or another. Now, I cannot possibly say that he has introduced this into both companies as a means of bumping up sales. But still, it's a strange coincidence.

As for the one time only prices being not so one time only, that's also not new. Last year Chloe was wittering on about her show being quiet, so she had asked for a rather horrible leisure suit to be reduced for her show only.

Fast forward 3 hours or so, and Andy Hodgson not only has the same leisure suit on screen, but he states that he's wangled a one time only price because his show is slow and quiet. Now, this may shock you, but he took it to the EXACT SAME PRICE that Chloe did! It's uncanny 😉

Latest posts

Back