14/09/20 - 20/09/20 Big Deals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shay & Blue 3 Piece Fragrance Collection Big Deal Price £27.98 + post

Kuhn Rikon Colori 7 Piece Kitchen Knife & Utensil Set in Cady Big Deal Price £31.98 + post

Cozee Home Faux Fur Animal Print Throw & Cushion Set Big Deal Price £29.48 + post

Shay & Blue 3 Piece Fragrance Collection Big Deal Price £27.98 + post

Can anyone comment on any of the Woods trio: Blackberry Woods, Oud Alif, Kings Wood? I have had a look at reviews on fragrance sites but wondered what people here thought. There seems to be a suggestion that Kings Wood smells like strong wee / urinals at first so I’m already put off that! (I was interested to see what little image they would have for this “note” in the “notes according to your votes” representation on the fragrantica.com site, but sadly there was none.)

Also, what is a fragrance concentrate as opposed to a spray fragrance, eau de toilette/parfum, etc?

Can anyone comment on any of the Woods trio: Blackberry Woods, Oud Alif, Kings Wood? I have had a look at reviews on fragrance sites but wondered what people here thought. There seems to be a suggestion that Kings Wood smells like strong wee / urinals at first so I’m already put off that! (I was interested to see what little image they would have for this “note” in the “notes according to your votes” representation on the fragrantica.com site, but sadly there was none.)

Also, what is a fragrance concentrate as opposed to a spray fragrance, eau de toilette/parfum, etc?
I have all of these fragrances. If you'd like to PM me with your address, I can spritz a cotton wool pad with each perfume, and send them to you. (Sorry couldn't work out how to PM you directly! :rolleyes::giggle:)

Oh God why did I look at this! I want to buy them too but as I am going nowhere and have a ton of perfume I must resist. Hissss. 🙁. I would quite fancy trying the ones I haven’t had but they are in both sets of course. I don’t want to pay two lots of postage so must Nanny McFee this.

I have all of these fragrances. If you'd like to PM me with your address, I can spritz a cotton wool pad with each perfume, and send them to you. (Sorry couldn't work out how to PM you directly! :rolleyes::giggle:)

Pinkmoon, you are so kind! Are you absolutely sure you want to waste your perfumes for me?! I will PM you (you'll see a little red number next to the envelope at the top of the page, just by your name). But please don't then feel you are duty bound as I understand if it's too much of a faff for you.

Oh God why did I look at this! I want to buy them too but as I am going nowhere and have a ton of perfume I must resist. Hissss. 🙁. I would quite fancy trying the ones I haven’t had but they are in both sets of course. I don’t want to pay two lots of postage so must Nanny McFee this.

This is how I felt and the price is very good indeed. Had to have it and then realised I probably wouldn't like all in each trio. I particularly hate the sound of the Scarlet Lily - just not my kind of thing. I may pick up the couple I want on eBay though. You don't have to pay much more than they work out individually here. I am still keen to try first.

Hisssssssss🤣

Pinkmoon, you are so kind! Are you absolutely sure you want to waste your perfumes for me?! I will PM you (you'll see a little red number next to the envelope at the top of the page, just by your name). But please don't then feel you are duty bound as I understand if it's too much of a faff for you.

This is how I felt and the price is very good indeed. Had to have it and then realised I probably wouldn't like all in each trio. I particularly hate the sound of the Scarlet Lily - just not my kind of thing. I may pick up the couple I want on eBay though. You don't have to pay much more than they work out individually here. I am still keen to try first.

Andi K, please report back upon receiving the samples. Serve your community!

Andi K, please report back upon receiving the samples. Serve your community!
😄
I’m afraid I didn’t take up Pinkmoon‘s offer in the end. I realised I probably wouldn’t like all three in the set (and didn’t really want to spend over £30, even if it was a decent bargain). Then I spotted a bottle of the one I most fancied, Blackberry Woods, on eBay and had a coupon for a few quid off so it cost me under a tenner. Meanwhile, Pinkmoon has given me a useful summary of her views on various S&B pongs. I find if someone else likes a smell I like, they can effectively recommend others to me by saying what else they like. Maybe Pinkmoon could repeat one or two here if you are interested in particular ones.

This is the one I was fancying Andi....

Ah, I see. Yes, that is nice.

Cozee Home Faux Fur Animal Print Throw & Cushion Set Big Deal Price £29.48 + post
I really need to get myself in check as I am clearly seeking some kind of comfort in buying stuff again. I’ve been on a bit of an internet spree and now I’m giving QVC too much attention! First it was the Shay & Blue Big Deal above (which I've thankfully talked myself out of), then I happened to see a Cozee fluffy wrap thing but didn’t jump on it quick enough and it went up £6 next day. Now I'm telling myself I've got to have the Cozee throw above. I must be channelling my inner Bette Lynch as the brown leopard print is calling me - I like the graduation in the print. I also like the grey one! I need a video, however, as I suspect the underside will be that faded version of the topside print, which I don't like. They either haven’t had it on live or have not bothered to add a video. Be strong, be strong!

I really need to get myself in check as I am clearly seeking some kind of comfort in buying stuff again. I’ve been on a bit of an internet spree and now I’m giving QVC too much attention! First it was the Shay & Blue Big Deal above (which I've thankfully talked myself out of), then I happened to see a Cozee fluffy wrap thing but didn’t jump on it quick enough and it went up £6 next day. Now I'm telling myself I've got to have the Cozee throw above. I must be channelling my inner Bette Lynch as the brown leopard print is calling me - I like the graduation in the print. I also like the grey one! I need a video, however, as I suspect the underside will be that faded version of the topside print, which I don't like. They either haven’t had it on live or have not bothered to add a video. Be strong, be strong!
Great, just saw it and the throws appear to have a white-ish underside. Purchase compulsion overridden!

I liked the same and visions of Bet Lynch came to my mind too, haven’t ordered though 😊

When I started to read this I thought you had bought the Shay and Blue and I felt a real pang of envy, 😃😃😃. But you didn’t so I have my equilibrium back, lol.

When I started to read this I thought you had bought the Shay and Blue and I felt a real pang of envy, 😃😃😃. But you didn’t so I have my equilibrium back, lol.
It’s getting to us, Mazza, it’s getting to us!

The Blackberry Woods 10ml I bought cheaply from eBay instead of the Big Deal trio arrived and I really like it. It was the one I thought I would like most (I really wasn’t sure about the Kings Wood) and I’m happy I saved myself £22 and possibly a “dud” I wouldn’t have used.

Latest posts

Back