14 Quid for mince pies? C'mon, that's ridiculous!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Stop trying to put us off them, Greg. Your name has outed you as a family member of the chain of pie shops selling rival products to the QVC offerings.

By the time you add on the £5.95 p&p, it's nearer 20 quid!!! :mysmilie_466:

I would love to try the gluten free ones, (mince pies are seriously nom!).......but not at that price! :mysmilie_478:

I wouldn't pay it Greg, I've just had a look and four items of food has come to over £100 inc p&p, I'd sooner buy some popcorn and mince pies from Aldis, and with the £95 change, treat myself to something.

i've had the pies worst pies i have ever eaten. i've had the popcorn nice but nothing exceptional that marks and spencers or waitrose wont sell.

I was thinking of buying 8 packs! I think they offer excellent value for money and l don't even like the things. Thought l could make a Christmas display with them along with the Liz Earle cleanse and polish canister. This and the Alison Cork Christmas tree TSV and my house will be the talk of the street. I might have the flash pad going off in the background for festive sounds. That's my xmad decs sorted!

I was thinking of buying 8 packs! I think they offer excellent value for money and l don't even like the things. Thought l could make a Christmas display with them along with the Liz Earle cleanse and polish canister. This and the Alison Cork Christmas tree TSV and my house will be the talk of the street. I might have the flash pad going off in the background for festive sounds. That's my xmad decs sorted!

my sides are aching that was funny:mysmilie_13:

But they're made with 'rustic precision'!!!! Er, who writes these descriptions?
Didn't Iceland come top of the mince pie charts last year, how many boxes of those could you buy for 1 box if QVC's offering. They must think we're all made of money and even if I was, wouldn't waste it on these mince pies.

I've always made my own and I reckon they cost around 15p per pie, top quality stuff, against £2.44 per pie from QVC.

Ha! Success!
OH just brought me home a pack of four gluten free ones from the dreaded high street.......for the princely sum of £1.......& they're delicious!

:mysmilie_14:

flippin 'eck! I spent about £10 on dried fruits and bits n bobs, including small bottle sherry, (gotta love aldi and their brandy soaked fruits). Admittedly i already had further booze at home, but i managed to get
1 7in round christmas cake,
1 2lb christmas pudding and
3x 500ml jars boozey mincemeat.
Haven't decided what size of mince pies to make yet, but there will be a whole lot more than 8! :mysmilie_5:

flippin 'eck! I spent about £10 on dried fruits and bits n bobs, including small bottle sherry, (gotta love aldi and their brandy soaked fruits). Admittedly i already had further booze at home, but i managed to get
1 7in round christmas cake,
1 2lb christmas pudding and
3x 500ml jars boozey mincemeat.
Haven't decided what size of mince pies to make yet, but there will be a whole lot more than 8! :mysmilie_5:

Did you see the Christmas cake they were selling last night? It was £34.45 including p & p and was only 6 inches in diameter which, if I've worked it out correctly, is about 3/4 the size of your cake. Ok it was in a pretty tin but it's a lot of money.

But they're made with 'rustic precision'!!!! Er, who writes these descriptions?
Didn't Iceland come top of the mince pie charts last year, how many boxes of those could you buy for 1 box if QVC's offering. They must think we're all made of money and even if I was, wouldn't waste it on these mince pies.

Yes, Good Housekeeping rated Iceland best in their tests. They were £1.50 for 6 last year. Morrisons were very close behind in the GH ratings (£1 for 6).

http://www.goodhousekeeping.co.uk/christmas/christmas-tried-and-tested/mince-pies-2014

Put me down for 10 boxes - after all, each pie's got a diamond ring in it......hasn't it?

By the time you add on the £5.95 p&p, it's nearer 20 quid!!! :mysmilie_466:

I would love to try the gluten free ones, (mince pies are seriously nom!).......but not at that price! :mysmilie_478:

These prices are off the wall - but it makes you revise your opinion about other places - to think I used to consider M & S were a bit dear for some things, now this makes them look cheap as fried spuds!
I wouldn't pay it Greg, I've just had a look and four items of food has come to over £100 inc p&p, I'd sooner buy some popcorn and mince pies from Aldis, and with the £95 change, treat myself to something.

I find I buy a lot more in Iceland these days - we've got a good one in our nearby High Street, which helps. They often have branded products on special deals and some of their desserts are excellent if you're looking for a special occasion treat.
Yes, Good Housekeeping rated Iceland best in their tests. They were £1.50 for 6 last year. Morrisons were very close behind in the GH ratings (£1 for 6).

http://www.goodhousekeeping.co.uk/christmas/christmas-tried-and-tested/mince-pies-2014

Latest posts

Back