2013 Support thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's a result, Reflexgirl and SBl!! Well done. I'm weighing in tomorrow night. I'll be in touch....

Last edited:
Well done sparklybarbs, thats brill. What's your total so far (if you dont mind me asking - if you do, no worries!!:cheeky:)
Good luck Calvin for tomorrow.

No ask away reflexgirl. I was trying to avoid it as i haven't done as well as you. But i did give it a miss for a week and put two pounds on , so all in all i've only lost 8 and a half pounds. Not bad, but silly to miss a week. But hopefully on the straight and narrow now, and i did go back and face the music. I so nearly didn't go, as i knew i'd put weight on, but its in the past now.

Here's a slimming world recipe i make up and freeze.

Pound mince, add carrots and onion and fry in fry light slowly, until cooked. Then add two tins of tomatoes and cook slowly, then put in dish.

Cook separately carrots and mash and put on top of the mince dish and then add 2 slices of low fat cheese and cook in oven. Its lovely. Im

doing the red slimming world, so no potatoes, but you could do the topping with potatoes if you want. And its super free and very filling. I take

it to work and its yummy.You can add any flavouring you want.

Thanks for the recipe Sparkly - sounds a bit like a cottage pie? Yummy. I do extra easy so i can have the potatoes (prefer pots to bread!) Now sparklybarbs, (I am in chastisement voice) never say "only" 8.5 pounds - it is a "fabulous" 8.5 pounds - which is brilliant - imagine you are not carrying around 2 large bags of flour plus a bag of sugar all day, he he:happy: Wonder where it goes:confused:

Oh i know RG. But i could have done better and stuck at it. For goodness sake i was only there a couple of weeks and went off the wagon already. And
put on two of the pounds that i had lost. I need to keep at it. Last year i lost 2 stone, stopped going and its nearly on again. So this time i have to
stick at it. I felt so much better for losing it too. Who needs enemies lol. But thanks for the vote of confidence, and its nice to know there;s others on
here going through it as well.

I like bread so i do the red, but with me working shifts, i have to be organized and the pie is lovely, and would be nice with potatoes on top, and it makes
a few portions (2) for me cause im always starving in work. lol

Hello everyone, I'm very pleased to report that I lost 1.5lbs this week, making a total of 3.5lbs since I went back to WW 2 weeks ago. I had a big night out with work on Friday and drank a phenomonal amout of beer, so the weight-loss was more than welcome.

SparklyBarbs, I am going to echo what Reflexgirl said, any weightloss is to be applauded and losing those 8.5lbs has benefitted your health fantastically. Can you imagine putting those lost pouds in a rucksack and carrying them on your back all day??

Hope you all have a great week

Sharon xx

Hello everyone, I'm very pleased to report that I lost 1.5lbs this week, making a total of 3.5lbs since I went back to WW 2 weeks ago. I had a big night out with work on Friday and drank a phenomonal amout of beer, so the weight-loss was more than welcome.

SparklyBarbs, I am going to echo what Reflexgirl said, any weightloss is to be applauded and losing those 8.5lbs has benefitted your health fantastically. Can you imagine putting those lost pouds in a rucksack and carrying them on your back all day??

Hope you all have a great week

Sharon xx

Well done! I lost half a pound as well so happy with that again.

Weighed in yesterday and had lost 2 pounds. Really pleased as my total weight loss so far is now 1 stone. Quite pleased with progress so far. I was in The Range on saturday and picked up a large 5kg bag of bird seed and was waiting for my OH who was in the "car bits" isle and he was faffing about and I was thinking , hurry up this is getting heavy. Started to think about it and it dawned on me that I have lost more than 5 kg and the weight I was carrying around was less than I had lost in fat. It really made me appreciate just how important it is to reduce my weight - for the sake of my feet, back etc.

Weighed in yesterday and had lost 2 pounds. Really pleased as my total weight loss so far is now 1 stone. Quite pleased with progress so far. I was in The Range on saturday and picked up a large 5kg bag of bird seed and was waiting for my OH who was in the "car bits" isle and he was faffing about and I was thinking , hurry up this is getting heavy. Started to think about it and it dawned on me that I have lost more than 5 kg and the weight I was carrying around was less than I had lost in fat. It really made me appreciate just how important it is to reduce my weight - for the sake of my feet, back etc.

Well done reflexgirl that's great!

Well done, reflexgirl, you must be feeling in great form now.

I lost 1lb this week, bring my total since I went back to WW 4.5lbs. (Total weight loss is 82lbs, or 5stone 12lbs) I was lucky to lose anything at all as Friday night was spent drinking cider in the pub with work mates and my daughter took me out for a belated Mother's Day luch on Tuesday and I made really bad choices. How does everyone else cope when eating out? I could never ask for a salad without dressing, sauce on the side, plain grilled fish, no bread etc when confronted with a menu that is laden with cheese, creamy sauce and deepfried goodies!

Well done Calvin, I lost another 1/2 lb again, I'm afraid I'm a plain eater so I don't like dressings, etc nor cheese! We are allowed 200 cal a day which are our 'cheats' could save those through the week for the weekend. But if I go for a meal I just have the main meal and a pudding and think stuff it, life's too short to keep worrying about bliddy diets! If I put it on next week so be it! Good luck to all for next week.

Weighed in tonight and had lost one pound. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised because I have had a few naughties this last week. I have a big naughty tomorrow as I'm having afternoon tea with a couple of friends tomorrow, sandwiches, scones, cakes etc! At least I have until next tuesday night to get back on track!

Another pound down, well done! I must say, the thought of that afternoon tea is making my mouth water, reflexgirl. Sure, it's a one-off and you can rein in for the rest of the week. We all need our little indulgences!!

Well done reflexgirl, i think you're the star of this thread. I didnt go last week as i was out with DS for mothers day, but will face the music
tomorrow.

A couple of months ago i bought one of thos offers for afternoon tea, and took a friend from work, it was lovely. A 3 layered dish with tiny
sandwiches on the bottom, with crisps and dips, then scones, different types, and on the top layer a selection of tiny buns. And little tea
pots which kept getting refilled up. It was lovely and a great treat for us. Not sure i'd pay the fulll price, but for the groupon offer it was
worth it. Nothing so nice, soo really enjoy it and make it up later in the week. :up:

Apres afternoon Tea! Glad i'm not getting weighed tonight! Went for an unusal one (3 to choose from) top layer, a poached egg on a crumpet (yum yum), second layer 3 different squares of cake (moist) and 3 mini cupcakes, third and bottom layer, freshly made warm scone, clotted cream and jam - fabulous! Oh dear I do love food! Back on track tomorrow.....

I lost half a pound this week, so that's 5lbs in total this month. I am more than happy to lose weight at a slow, steady pace as I know quick-fix solutions only result in a long-term weight gain. In the last month I've been learning to eat mindfully again, to control portion size and have cut out a huge amount of processed rubbish in favour of fruit. It's all good!

Well done Calvin, that's great! I've stopped the same this week, which is ok as long as I can maintain it.

I chickened out of going. Too cold and too lazy to be bothered. Have to sit and have a chat with myself, as i just seem to be wasting time,
and not sticking to it. How is it sometimes you stick to it and then others you just can;t be bothered, and just want to eat and not think
about it all. I need to have a good talk to myself and tell myself to stop messing around

Latest posts

Back