25 Oct

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
I see from the TV schedule that next Monday is going to be another yawn fest of Christmas cr*p. TSV is going to be some sort of musical thing and during the day we have quapper factory, bedding gifts for christmas and that fat bloke flogging meat. Don't think I'll be throwing a sickie from work next Monday. And not forgetting christmas storage solutions. Storage is for all year not just Christmas.:yawn:

Bedding gifts for Christmas eh. Golly - I do hope someone buys me some pillow cases and sheets for Christmas.
Where do La Q get these ****** ideas from.....

Definitely something "going on" at QVC towers these past few months. For a start its been noticeable that there have been very few gold gem jewellery shows, whereas years ago they were a 'regular' item every week. Now its consistently the natural stones being offered ie mookite, ruby quartzite (whatever) etc. and a lot more silver, pearls, and sodding diamoneeeek !

Due to the price of gold one thinks ? At one time it was a 'given' that 9ct rings would be around the £100 mark with TSVs generally a lot lower than this. Now they appear to be double that price mark, which means that people wont buy, and in turn qvc wont buy them in and have them taking up shelf space. Just look at the Clearance price of gold rings compared to just a couple of years ago !

All in all there has been a noticeable dumbing down in products offered, and very little new shows being aired, with more emphasis on own brand stock - NN, Kitchen Essentials, diamonique etc being offered all the time. And now a WHOLE day of diamonique ! - that speaks for itself.

Whatever happened to the "Blue Moon" shows ? and then there were guests like Zondra Rhodes with her collection. Will the ring of hers I bought be worth a small fortune now ?????

Oh well, at least 'boring' means my credit card is safe !!!!! and NO I wont be buying any of the imported from China Christmas cr..p they will be offering either.

Totally agree with you there. The jewellery has become so boring. They definitely do not have as much gold on as they used to. Even the eek is mostly silver or veronese.

Those that have been with QVC for many years will know that every year we get the same old shows from September/Oct onwards i.e. all theChristmas crap. On about 10 December we will get last minute christmas gift ideas which will doubtless include some NN/DIY gadgets. and then on about 6 January AY springs up with new year new shows!! and then come March they wheel out Richard J with gardening and yet more bedding to spruce up our spare rooms for summer. The whole thing then repeats again and again....

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has 'clicked' into their yearly agenda programme. Gawd how I HATE the spring when its time for the RJ gardening shows ! his arm waving does me in ! I would love to see him with Kim M, just to see who can last the longest without drawing breath !!!!!!

Latest posts

Back