29/11/21 - 05/12/21 Big Deals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TLL this one has 10 sockets, 4 USBs, and a 3m lead (retractable), about £30.

Oh great, thank you for that I will have a look properly later 😊

Like the design, although I would prefer to stick with a branded one such as Safemore.

Last year I did buy a black unbranded tower. I was very happy with it and it was long and worked well...

Then I got an alert email from amazon saying the product didn’t adhere to certain safety regs and it was being recalled!

All easy to do and free to sort etc but haven’t had a replacement since! 🙄

As I say I really need 5 metres and was hoping not to have to use an additional extension cable.

My dad always told me you should do that, but since amazon suggested it to you as a bundle, maybe he was just being over cautious (he usually was where we children were concerned!) 😉

Yes it was the card I got.

A lot of time was spent comparing the 2 items and trying to find a difference, as I would have spent more if the more expensive one was better, but I couldn't find any difference.

Then they signed me up for Prime without my consent. This has happened before, so I was very careful, but still got caught. Last time I couldn't find how to cancel it, and had to ring them. This time, it took 1/4 hour to find how to do it.

Then it showed it would cost NOTHING on the assumption I took out an Amazon Platinum card. So I looked at all the T & Cs to see whAT THE SNAGS MAY BE, BUT IT SEEMED ok, AND AS FAR AS i CAN SEE i WILL GET (CAPS LLOCK GRRRR) a £30 Amazon voucher.

I intend not to use it at all, but my existing one is a Visa, so I may have to. I suppose I have missed out on the £20 bribe that you mentioned.

My current credit card is all set up for them to take the full balance every month by direct debit, so I never pay any charges. When I buy more stuff from Amazon, I will use my debit card. Another thing I only just noticed in time that was they had changed the Amazon card to be my default, so I had to change that back as well. They are very sneaky.

And they also suggested a "bundle" of this Safemore plus a long extension lead it you need it longer, which may solve your problem.
Check to see if you received an email from amazon about your visa credit card - only IF it was set as the default payment card..
(Details below).

(Also just checked and £40 reward wasn’t just for Prime people, think they’ve just changed (reduced!) the offer to £30!
Typical!)

• Amazon shopper? Make money out of its Visa ban. From 19 Jan, Amazon says it won't take Visa credit cards, as "the fees Visa charges it are too high" (see Martin's full Amazon-Visa spat video briefing). This may just be a negotiating tactic, but Amazon is currently offering those whose 'default payment' is a Visa credit card £10 credit (£20 for Prime customers) to change card, via a link in the email it sent, or on its homepage. So grab that before it changes its mind.

What's the best card to change to? The easy, safer route is to switch to any debit card (including Visa). But if you're disciplined and will repay a credit card IN FULL each month without seeing it as a reason to overspend, then...

Which of the 2 new presenters is this one?

First time I've seen any of them, is she considered to be the best of the two, or the worse?
Annaliese Dayes
Obviously, she is going to buy it, even though she already has loads of Le C from her grandmother.
Each show she’ll tell you her favourite item and oh yes she’ll be buying the set and at least something from every hour she does.
Thursday midday just listening on Alexia the Culinary Concepts hour she needs everything in the hour.

Latest posts

Back