30th Promo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember the days when for their 20th anniversary for example, postage was reduced to 20p, then 21p for the 21st etc.
They obviously won't do that now because the budget has been spent on that god awful advertisement that only regular Q viewers will see anyway, which makes it kind of pointless if you ask me.

Have you watched anything so false as the photoshoot for the 30th promo ad ? lots of wide open mouths, hands in the air catching confetti, glasses full of ginger ale being raised. it would have been hilarious to see them all getting a gob full of confetti and having a good old cough !
Not buying the hype and euphoria then, Brissles? :ROFLMAO: I never get why companies think anyone other than their own bosses/employees would be remotely interested in that company’s anniversaries (just as I never share their joy at the announcement on air of the assistant on camera 2 just got engaged, for example). QVC revel in it but all most of us are interested in is what’s in it for us, what are the deals, etc? Then we can celebrate!

I don’t mind the promo at all, it’s just a bit of fun isn’t it? I seem to remember they used to do a lot more of that sort of presenter-focussed thing in the past. There was certainly a Christmas ad with lots of them in a country house playing with fake snow. And I’m pretty sure there was one with some of the women presenters, possibly in ballgowns, doing the odd high kicking dance move.

The one ad that does irritate though is for Quick Check, which must have been running about ten years now, where we’re supposed to be impressed that you can pick up your clunky old landline phone and use their automated system to check on the progress of an order. Every other company will give you that information after a few clicks on their website. The delivery guy in the ad is played by Adam, who has long since reappeared as a standby brand ambassador for Philip Kingsley.

In fairness to QVC, I think 30 years is a real achievement, especially in TV. Thames Television didn’t even last that long. Certainly when you look at the state of some of the early shows (eg 15 minutes devoted to a plastic box to store your CDs) and the huge losses they initially had, it didn’t always look like they’d make it past the first year. So if they want to make a fuss, what’s the harm, and if we get a few bargains out of it, then great.

I remember the days when for their 20th anniversary for example, postage was reduced to 20p, then 21p for the 21st etc.
They obviously won't do that now because the budget has been spent on that god awful advertisement that only regular Q viewers will see anyway, which makes it kind of pointless if you ask me.
If we’re lucky, they’ll be offering 30 Easy Pays.

Who cares if they have been going 30 years,hard to watch sanctimonious and self indulgent people on our tv screens,ignoring the real world totally,not even covid punctured the QVC bubble,and now the cost of living crisis another thing to laugh about and ignore,a bit of fun only if you can afford it.
30 years it seems like one hundred 💯 as for the business model outdated and archaic including their horrendous post and packaging charges.
Going back to the cackling presenters QVC customers get what they deserve nothing 🤣

I don’t mind the promo at all, it’s just a bit of fun isn’t it? I seem to remember they used to do a lot more of that sort of presenter-focussed thing in the past. There was certainly a Christmas ad with lots of them in a country house playing with fake snow. And I’m pretty sure there was one with some of the women presenters, possibly in ballgowns, doing the odd high kicking dance move.

The one ad that does irritate though is for Quick Check, which must have been running about ten years now, where we’re supposed to be impressed that you can pick up your clunky old landline phone and use their automated system to check on the progress of an order. Every other company will give you that information after a few clicks on their website. The delivery guy in the ad is played by Adam, who has long since reappeared as a standby brand ambassador for Philip Kingsley.

In fairness to QVC, I think 30 years is a real achievement, especially in TV. Thames Television didn’t even last that long. Certainly when you look at the state of some of the early shows (eg 15 minutes devoted to a plastic box to store your CDs) and the huge losses they initially had, it didn’t always look like they’d make it past the first year. So if they want to make a fuss, what’s the harm, and if we get a few bargains out of it, then great.

Erm, me and my mates still use our 'clunky old landline phones' to call each other !! there is never any echoing, or background hissing, or loss of signal like there is when using a mobile. AND my 'clunky old landline phone' is in a pretty shade of pale pink which is always complimented on by visitors (it matches my KitchenAid mixer in the kitchen) !

Not buying the hype and euphoria then, Brissles? :ROFLMAO: I never get why companies think anyone other than their own bosses/employees would be remotely interested in that company’s anniversaries (just as I never share their joy at the announcement on air of the assistant on camera 2 just got engaged, for example). QVC revel in it but all most of us are interested in is what’s in it for us, what are the deals, etc? Then we can celebrate!
Aww, I remember when Jackie announced the model Jennifer had got engaged and she was a bit mortified about it being mentioned but obviously really happy about her ring and everything. It was nice. However, proposals on air etc are a tad cringeworthy.

CC

Aww, I remember when Jackie announced the model Jennifer had got engaged and she was a bit mortified about it being mentioned but obviously really happy about her ring and everything. It was nice. However, proposals on air etc are a tad cringeworthy.

CC
I know what you mean. I think if it’s someone we see a bit of on screen (such as the model on that occasion), it’s not so bad - for me anyway. Sounds like Jackie had not checked it was ok to mention it beforehand, though, and that’s not on.

When is the actual day of the anniversary, by the way? Just so I can make sure I’m home all day and ready with my iPad to place lots of orders of things with eye watering reductions and free P&P?

I see they’re offering 3 easy pays to ‘discover qvc’ as part of the festivities. Wouldn’t it be nice if every discover hour had a ‘try me’ offer. Haven’t seen one of those for years. It’s just business as usual, not a single genuine thank you to the long suffering customer. (What is the Marla rep wearing in the fashion hour? She should look in a mirror and discover it’s hideous).

I know what you mean. I think if it’s someone we see a bit of on screen (such as the model on that occasion), it’s not so bad - for me anyway. Sounds like Jackie had not checked it was ok to mention it beforehand, though, and that’s not on.

When is the actual day of the anniversary, by the way? Just so I can make sure I’m home all day and ready with my iPad to place lots of orders of things with eye watering reductions and free P&P?
Today I think Andi going by the TV guide. Every show seems begin with Discover.......

Jill Franks is missing off the promo, I think? Is everyone else on it, I'm not sure. Craig and Micheal, the garden bloke, the canteen lady, her who does their makeup and hair?? Hopefully no-one is offended being left out!

Jackie mentioned that the actual anniversary is in OCTOBER !!! but they are going to have lots of ”special deals” coming up in the coming months

CC
& very tacky

Erm, me and my mates still use our 'clunky old landline phones' to call each other !! there is never any echoing, or background hissing, or loss of signal like there is when using a mobile. AND my 'clunky old landline phone' is in a pretty shade of pale pink which is always complimented on by visitors (it matches my KitchenAid mixer in the kitchen) !
Totally agree

Today I think Andi going by the TV guide. Every show seems begin with Discover......
Oh dear, I must have missed the amazing deals!

But wait …
Jackie mentioned that the actual anniversary is in OCTOBER !!! but they are going to have lots of ”special deals” coming up in the coming months
Sadly, their idea of a “special deal” and mine are worlds apart.

Oh hell ! that means 10 months of that promo, AND how many times are we going to go to conversation 'hell' in hearing how Julia has been around since day one.
My very thought!
😖

Latest posts

Back