45 Minute Shows????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now I am a member of the Shopping Telly gang, I find myself watching QVC more than I used to, just to spot various presenters' annoying habits that we moan about here. That can be entertaining, but I don't buy much. The Shark Cordless was an exception. In the run-up to Christmas, the food shows are a turn-off, because I cannot bear watching anybody eat, and QVC presenters love to continue talking with their mouths full, don't they. Their lipsmacking and oohing and ahhing make me feel a bit queasy. Andi Peters' fingernails were minging earlier this week and he was all over the food. Yuck. Although I work for three elderly cats and a muck-loving dog, my kitchen, and especially the prep area, is as clean as an operating theatre. I'm a tidy eater too. You can take me anywhere, I'm told. :)

Talk about oversell, I am so sick of hearing about this vastly over priced Dyson hairdryer, no ****** wonder he is a multi millionaire when there are stupids with too much money who will pay these amounts for hairdryers, no pun intended but they need their heads looked at. I switch QVC off now more times than I watch it through sheer frustration and anger.

Abby Horne drives me mad with her catchphrases :
- “if you are that person who xxx, if you are that person who yyy” etc.

-“Be it aaa, be it bbb, be it ccc” etc

what makes it even worse is that other presenters are now using them. So annoying.

Yes, the mannerisms of most of the presenters/ BA's are becoming unbearable to watch.

Julia R...... her gasping intake of breath
Craig...... snorting, and speaking with his mouth full
Ruth L .......... her p r e c i s e a r t i c u l a t i o n
Flinty........ for just 'being'
Kathy ........ stuttering overtalking
Chloe ....... too many to mention
Alison K .... hyper excitability
Pippa ...... high pitched screeching
Alex ......... thinks we're all deaf
Jacky ........... screwed up face going into a break, and standing like she needs the loo.
Jill .......... sucks a sweet when talking, flicks hair behind her ear then immediately brings it forward again
Catherine H.................. cant keep her eyes of the monitor, loves reading compliments from ipad
Iliad ..................... just looks 'odd'
Kathryn G ........... overly jolly hockeysticks.

Fed up now.

Yes, the mannerisms of most of the presenters/ BA's are becoming unbearable to watch.

Julia R...... her gasping intake of breath
Craig...... snorting, and speaking with his mouth full
Ruth L .......... her p r e c i s e a r t i c u l a t i o n
Flinty........ for just 'being'
Kathy ........ stuttering overtalking
Chloe ....... too many to mention
Alison K .... hyper excitability
Pippa ...... high pitched screeching
Alex ......... thinks we're all deaf
Jacky ........... screwed up face going into a break, and standing like she needs the loo.
Jill .......... sucks a sweet when talking, flicks hair behind her ear then immediately brings it forward again
Catherine H.................. cant keep her eyes of the monitor, loves reading compliments from ipad
Iliad ..................... just looks 'odd'
Kathryn G ........... overly jolly hockeysticks.

Fed up now.
Charlie with his ‘slow reveal’

Simon Biagi ....... with his non-stop “AND,” “AND,” etc.

Katie P ...... “um, um, um........” Also the fact she ends her shows with “if you want to follow me on social media .......” (Sorry, Katie, I do NOT want to do that, thank you.)

Julia .... her non-stop arm waving which looks affected.

Talk about oversell, I am so sick of hearing about this vastly over priced Dyson hairdryer, no ****** wonder he is a multi millionaire when there are stupids with too much money who will pay these amounts for hairdryers, no pun intended but they need their heads looked at. I switch QVC off now more times than I watch it through sheer frustration and anger.
I fell for the sales pitch in the '90s and bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner. The first time it collided with a skirting board some of the plastic broke off and a spring fell out. I haven't succumbed to Dyson since.

And don't forget, they are manufactured in China, for the cheap labour, so dyson can make even more money that he doesn't pay tax on.
I didn't know that. I thought his USP was that they're made in the UK. That's even more reason now not to buy Dyson if they're made in China.

Poor Jimmy had to sell his Hong Kong penthouse at a loss when his plans to make zillions by converting one of his products into a ventilator for Covid went belly up.

I suppose Techi (not) Abbi can only blow so much hot air at one time.

I never bought into the Dyson hype when it was first manufactured, as the garish coloured plastic and the bulky size put me off - they were as big as battleships and needed their own cupboard !.

We like cylinder vacuum cleaners rather than upright. Our present one is very good but also very heavy and as we are finding it more difficult to cart around and take upstairs we we are on the lookout for a replacement but there’s not a big choice and I want to hold it before I buy. Luckily we don’t have kids or animals or long hair so as long as it does a good job on carpets and hard floors and lasts we can consider any make.

I’m with you on that, brissles. 👍 I’ve got the Mark ll model upstairs and one downstairs. I’ve also got their multi tool.

I’ve also got an Oreck but haven’t used that since discovering GTech.