45 Minute Shows????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Check out some of the Dyson hairdryer before and after pics- The model’s hair simply hasn’t been brushed. I’ve seen some of these models before and none of them normally look as though they’ve got a birds nest on top of their head. Really inspires you to spend £300 on a look that can be achieved with a 50p comb , or a hairbrush!!

A lot of the bouncy hair do's are down to using big curlers (which I've used since a teenager back in the 60's), you can tell with the shine and the roundness of the hair. Even when I use my rotating Babyliss heat brush I always shove a big roller in until my hair has cooled down sufficiently, or it 'droops' as the heat subsides.

I fell for the sales pitch in the '90s and bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner. The first time it collided with a skirting board some of the plastic broke off and a spring fell out. I haven't succumbed to Dyson since.
I have a friend who had a Dyson had Dyson out to service and as it was coming to the end of the availability of spares, they sold her a newer model at a discount . It affirmed my opinion that hey were over priced in the first place.

We like cylinder vacuum cleaners rather than upright. Our present one is very good but also very heavy and as we are finding it more difficult to cart around and take upstairs we we are on the lookout for a replacement but there’s not a big choice and I want to hold it before I buy. Luckily we don’t have kids or animals or long hair so as long as it does a good job on carpets and hard floors and lasts we can consider any make.
It's cheaper to move to a bungalow than buy a Dyson. ;) Could you not be temped with the Beldray cordless that's on offer on Ideal World at the moment? If I hadn't recently bought a Shark cordless I would have bought the Beldray.

A lot of the bouncy hair do's are down to using big curlers (which I've used since a teenager back in the 60's), you can tell with the shine and the roundness of the hair. Even when I use my rotating Babyliss heat brush I always shove a big roller in until my hair has cooled down sufficiently, or it 'droops' as the heat subsides.
What you've said there reminded me of a feature I watched some years ago on one of the consumer shows. It was discovered that pretty much every look featured in the advertising of various hair products from dryers & gadgets to shampoo had been achieved using Carmen rollers and a spritz of olive oil. It's probably still happening and will explain the massive difference between professional before and after shots and live demos. I would never spend £300 on a hairdryer, but if I was open to persuasion, seeing the looks achieved on air, I most certainly would be hanging on to my money. Even the speed that they purport that this thing doesn't ring true, last week I saw they had a blonde woman sitting on a stool in the background drying her hair and they intermittently flashed over to her, and it really didn't look as though it was drying particularly quickly. At the end of the demo, to me her hair still looked somewhat damp, and strawlike!

It's cheaper to move to a bungalow than buy a Dyson. ;) Could you not be temped with the Beldray cordless that's on offer on Ideal World at the moment? If I hadn't recently bought a Shark cordless I would have bought the Beldray.

This was a blockbuster a few weeks back for £110 free delivery https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/polti-forzaspira-21-9v-slim-cordless-vacuum-461792?query=fh_view_size=24&fh_location=%2f%2fidealworld%2fen_GB%2f%24s%3dvacuum_cleaners&fh_sort=-_match_rate%2c-onair_iw%2c-new_iw%2c-salescash_iw&v=000~GRN I bought it in blue, now sold out, and it’s the best vacuum cleaner I’ve ever owned, but yes that Beldray is a good offer.

Just adding for anyone whose interested Lakeland have got the Gtech for £130. https://www.lakeland.co.uk/25895/Gtech+AirRAM+MK2+Cordless+Vacuum+Cleaner+AR29

This was a blockbuster a few weeks back for £110 free delivery https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/polti-forzaspira-21-9v-slim-cordless-vacuum-461792?query=fh_view_size=24&fh_location=%2f%2fidealworld%2fen_GB%2f%24s%3dvacuum_cleaners&fh_sort=-_match_rate%2c-onair_iw%2c-new_iw%2c-salescash_iw&v=000~GRN I bought it in blue, now sold out, and it’s the best vacuum cleaner I’ve ever owned, but yes that Beldray is a good offer.

Just adding for anyone whose interested Lakeland have got the Gtech for £130. https://www.lakeland.co.uk/25895/Gtech+AirRAM+MK2+Cordless+Vacuum+Cleaner+AR29
That Polti is nice-looking. Pity I didn't know about it when it was on offer. It looks like a quality machine and £110 is a great price. I should have said was a great price.

I was interested in the Beldray hard floor cleaner on IW . The only thing that worries me is if the battery lasts long enough to get through a couple of quite big rooms. I have a steamer, but not too impressed, as it leaves the floor wet and streaky, despite what the demonstrator on QVC says! Has anyone tried the IW one?

Any bungalow built now you can barely swing a cat around. Put a sofa against one wall and your feet are in the fire on the opposite wall ! Unless you can get one in the Lincolnshire area, where there are good size ones on a good size plot, but those in the South forget about it unless you've won the lottery.

My bugbear are the ads for retirement apartments - how many can afford those ??? regardless of location, even the cheapest ones start at around £300,000 and can be little bigger than a dog kennel. Also those mobile park homes, WHY cant you put your own furniture in them instead of having them 'fitted out to your choice' ?

I think with retirement apartments you have to make sure that environment is right for you, some have trial stays.Also the additional costs and the value if you decide to move on.I looked at some but decided it was not for me.