5:2 diet and weight loss

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
I've now reached and maintained my target weight since beginning of December - so I survived Christmas and that included eating boxes of chocolates that I was given and 3 weeks on holiday where there wasn’t a lot to do but eat - Tenerife. I also drank a lot of vodka and quite a few pints of lager but I am not a heavy drinker. But I did swank around the pool in my bikini.
There is a closed Facebook group run by Kate Harrison if you would like the support of a group. Just tried on a pair of 20 year old bright red trousers and they fit fine; all of my clothes fit great.
I'm maintaining my current weight by eating 500 calories once a week and skipping breakfast on all days except weekends and the day after my fast day.
It's a fantastic way of eating and is having spectacular success and it costs nothing!

How much weight did you lose? I tried it but found it too hard as in work most days and can't concentrate when i am hungry.

I shifted 7.2Kg in 8 weeks and have maintained my target weight since early December.
The secret is to prepare what you need for fast days in advance so that uou know exactly what you are eating - some people buy m&s diet meals so that they don't have to cook. On diet days I skipped breakfast and found that way I could last until lunch time better than if I had breakfast. I started by doing the 2 days together but found this difficult and moved to doing Tuesdays and fridays. That way on a Tuesday I could think i'll be eating normally tomorrow.
We are rarely really hungry in the west and it was interesting to be hungry and explore the sensation. It is nothing to be frightened of though I was when I started the diet.
The big advantage is that although I fantasized about what I was going to eat the next day, I rarely did and I ate less because I'm now accustomed to eating less.
I am absolutely delighted with my weight loss. There are loads of people who have lost 3 stone or more. It really is a new way of eating.
Drinking loads of water helps with the hunger pangs and so does drinking oxo or Bovril or green tea. I generally drink tap water but some people prefer fizzy water.
My only problem is that the fast days affect my sleep. I wake up a lot in the night after my 500 calorie day - probably my body saying get up and go find food! Not many people seem to get this problem though.

Latest posts

Back