A real look of MODERNITY!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lipglossaddict

Registered Shopper
****** hell...only on 30 mins and JR has used the word modernity too many times...ggrrrrr :down: :down: :down:

It always annoys me when they use this word instead of modern, on-trend, contemporary etc.

My understanding is that modernity is used in context of philosophical and political doctrines and also academically such as works of literature and "classical" music.

Another word they mis-use a lot is "malleable". It actually means something that can be hammered into another shape. They use it to describe soft leather that can be scrunched up.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter but it does irritate me !

I know where she's pinched that from ..........

MODERNITY is a word frequently used by Kim from Kim & Co. :talking:

:blush:

Words often have more than one meaning such as malleable which can also mean pliable.

adjective /ˈmalyəbəl/  /ˈmalēə-/ 

1. (of a metal or other material) Able to be hammered or pressed permanently out of shape without breaking or cracking

2. Easily influenced; pliable, in a malleable manner; flexible

* - Anna was shaken enough to be malleable.

malleable just means flexible, and god quality leather can be very flexible, or the mind of a person can be malleable, and old 14th century word.
Modernity just means the quality or state of being modern, it is another word that actually goes back to the 16th century, deriving from modernus

Do you think that someone at QVC towers had "word a day" toilet paper and is trying to introduce their new words into QVC-speak??:happy:

Just a thought!!

I had never heard of 'FUNCTIONALITY' until Kipling turned up ! the place they can hide a bottle of water, an umbrella plus the Taj Mahal is breathtaking !!!!!

Latest posts

Back