A Taste of Christmas TSV 09/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jeez, I missed that! I confess I am very occasionally tempted but I work out the cost per item including P&P and it puts me right off. Those marshMALLOW choc bombe things, which I wouldn’t have been interested in but my niece would kill for, were all but £20 for 6 - £3.32 per drink and then you have to add your own milk.
I confess, I bought those hot chocolate things last year and I didn’t think they were too bad of a price until I noticed something similar in Tesco shortly after for less than a fiver for three. (They were selling them in singles, still nicely presented in a gift box for £1.50 each).
Okay, so the Q ones were probably slightly better quality I suppose but I was buying them for some children who I doubt would care if the chocolate came from Belgium or from a factory in Peckham.

I confess, I bought those hot chocolate things last year and I didn’t think they were too bad of a price until I noticed something similar in Tesco shortly after for less than a fiver for three. (They were selling them in singles, still nicely presented in a gift box for £1.50 each).
Okay, so the Q ones were probably slightly better quality I suppose but I was buying them for some children who I doubt would care if the chocolate came from Belgium or from a factory in Peckham.
I think I am particularly mean. There are some things I’ll splash out on myself, even so. I thought the brownies looked nice but a couple of days later, I would have been £32 down and 32lb up!

Mr L gets “upset” (aka yellowing at TV) when anyone says ALLmonds rather than AMonds,but I suppose this is a regional thing but he insists the L is silent (and who am I to disagree!!!,)

I moved up from Devon at quite a young age and literally had to learn how to say certain words in order to fit in and not get laughed at. I say Armonds now but it took a lot of practice not to say Olmonds as I naturally would say it, same with Bolcony (Balcony), Toof (tooth)..but I've never said marshmellow!

If gin is your tipple or you want to “gift” some, you couldn’t do any better than choosing from an extensive range in M & S.

Re tins of posh biscuits, we have at least 3 garden centres near us with good ranges of them, posh gifts of beers, relishes or jams, hand made chocs etc. All much better value than QVC’s offerings and no postage.

I moved up from Devon at quite a young age and literally had to learn how to say certain words in order to fit in and not get laughed at. I say Armonds now but it took a lot of practice not to say Olmonds as I naturally would say it, same with Bolcony (Balcony), Toof (tooth)..but I've never said marshmellow!
That’s made me laugh! So you had to alter how you said things (correctly) to fit in?! I agree it’s AAmonds not ALmonds but who am I to say since I say filUm instead of film (Scottish thing) not that I’ll need to say it much now since Cineworld is closing down due to lack of new filUms coming out 😔

As it’s spelt marshmallows I don’t know where the “mellows“ bit comes from unless it’s another pronunciation from across the pond. 🙄

I see that Craig has received his ‘sample’ tins of gingerbread already! I wonder how many other presenters have had them ?
So when he says he, his mum, dad, sister, brother in law and nieces declare they are the best ever biscuits they have tried, we will be expected to believe him.
Yeah right until he’s on with Churchill’s 😜 :ROFLMAO:

Lidl do gingerbread similar to the brand in the TSV, or they did last year.

Lambertz 1.5kg 108 Piece Set of 2 Traditional German Gingerbread in Stag Tins
Item Number: 809802
QVC Price £39.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.97
P&P £4.95

Add an authentic German flavour to your festive feast this year with these two tins of Traditional Gingerbread from Lambertz, boasting a total of 108 pieces of speciality gingerbread in six different varieties, including honey and nut, dark and milk chocolate and even fruit jelly and marzipan. Whether you keep the gingerbread to share around your own Christmas table or give them as gifts to friends, they will make wonderful treats for whoever gets to enjoy them!

The tastiest treats - these two tins are filled with the most delicious varieties of gingerbread that are all German specialities. Juicy Printen is soft gingerbread with honey and dark chocolate, Nut Juicy Printen is soft gingerbread with honey and roasted nuts, while Milk Chocolate Printen is soft gingerbread with honey and milk chocolate. Dominoes Milk Chocolate features layers of gingerbread, fruit jelly and marzipan all covered in milk chocolate, Dominoes Dark Chocolate features layers of gingerbread, fruit jelly and marzipan covered in dark chocolate, and lastly, Dessert Spitzkuchen are diamond-shaped mini cakes of soft gingerbread with roasted nuts and candied fruits.

Sent with love - wish a very merry Christmas to friends and family with a delicious assortment of mouth-watering gingerbread in a variety of flavours, all packaged in tins depicting a majestic stag.

• Storage conditions: store in a dry place and protect from heat
  • Shelf life: upon delivery to 30.05.2021

Contains:
  • 2 x Stag tins filled with 54 pieces of German gingerbread (750g)

Colour options:
  • Blue
  • White
  • Green

For allergens, nutritional information and ingredients please see attached document - allergens will be in bold

If gin is your tipple or you want to “gift” some, you couldn’t do any better than choosing from an extensive range in M & S.

Re tins of posh biscuits, we have at least 3 garden centres near us with good ranges of them, posh gifts of beers, relishes or jams, hand made chocs etc. All much better value than QVC’s offerings and no postage.

Completely agree about M&S, have you seen their snowglobe bottle of gin? It is beautiful, it has gold flakes floating in the gin and the bottle lights up....oh yeah... it's the little things that make me happy. I don't drink and I have bought a bottle 🎅🤶

I’ll own up to just having ordered the TSV for gifts as I know the recipients don’t watch QVC ..... and they can do what they want with the empty tin.

I ordered via QCut, because the site was playing up, and instead of being charged £29.97 plus P&P, I’ve been charged £29.93 including the P&P. 😀 That amount is now pending in my bank account. I’ve taken a screen shot of my account, showing the cheaper amount, in case they argue about it and try to take the extra.

It’s Jilly H again on the TSV launch. No marshMELLOW this time but tonight she’s saying BelgIUM chocolate and that will make me scream nearly as much. That and the fact she will be sampling everything, making chomping sounds and telling us it’s delicious because that is soooo helpful (I mean thousands of people who haven’t yet decided whether to buy will be tuning in to see if she likes it!) mean I’m going for a bath.

PS Great result with your order, Toril! Don’t tell the baying mob on Facebook.

Latest posts

Back