A Taste Of Christmas TSV 10/10/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't buy these anymore and I can't get my head around the latest folk that come on selling it. One of them is like a car salesman rather than a butcher but this TSV might be a different company.

CC

Or, as it should be named, A Taste of Christmas In March When You Receive It.

I'd prefer to have Christmas dinner on 25th December and so will go to my usual supermarket to buy it all because, at least, I know I've got food for the day rather than wondering if it will ever arrive.

History says don’t bother with Christmas meat hampers from Q
Surely there are many more outlets up and down the country that will happily provide an excellent service with great quality meats be that local butchers, supermarkets or online stores.

I bought the hampers for years and they were always good quality and mine always arrived on time but now we live in the countryside I buy meat from the local farmers and boy can you taste the difference. No more mail order meat for me.

CC

Althams Butchers 5.3kg Festive British Meat Hamper TSV 10/10/19
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.808871

Meat TSV 1.jpg

Meat TSV 2.jpg

Meat TSV 3.jpg

Meat TSV 4.jpg

Meat TSV 5.jpg

I agree that the joints would never feed families of 6 or 8 as they say in the presentations, each one would do 3 or 4 at most on Christmas day when you tend to eat more and it does depend on how much you eat. I might have two slices, my nephews would probably eat six! To be fair though, I haven't bought from this company so the joints might be bigger.

CC

Althams Butchers 5.3kg British Meat Christmas Hamper
Item Number: 808871
QVC Price £97.00
Todays Special Value Price £79.98
P&P £3.95

This British Meat Christmas Hamper from Althams Butchers contains a variety of high-quality meats sourced from trusted UK producers, including a turkey joint, beef topside joint and gammon joint, as well as a pack of flavoursome sausages, pack of classic streaky bacon and delectable pork, sage and onion stuffing. Get all the meat you need for your festive menu delivered straight to your door and be ready to serve up a delicious feast that's sure to wow family and friends this Christmas.

A festive feast for all - this complete hamper caters to all tastes and easily sees you through the festive period. Depending on your portion sizes, the juicy turkey joint can serve six to eight people, with the other two roasting joints each feeding up to four to six as well! Along with the flavoursome stuffing, streaky bacon and chipolata sausages, you'll be set to feed the whole family!

Delivered in time for Christmas - your hamper will be delivered straight to your door, blast frozen and packed in an insulated box with dry ice packs. Place it straight into the freezer in preparation for the big day or defrost the meat slowly upon arrival to prepare for cooking.

Quality British meats - based in the Lake District, Lancashire and Yorkshire, Althams Butchers have access to some of the best meat in Britain and are one of the oldest and largest independent family owned butchers in the country, dedicated to using traditional methods to ensure fantastic results.

Storage conditions: place frozen meat in freezer immediately on receipt or alternatively, if you wish to use immediately, follow the defrosting instructions
Will arrive frozen in an insulated box, with dry ice bags to maintain a consistent temperature throughout transit
Once defrosted, do not refreeze
Once opened, use within 24 hours
Joints shelf life: minimum of 365 days upon delivery
Stuffing, Bacon and Sausages shelf life: minimum of 180 days upon delivery

Contains:

1 x British Turkey Joint (2kg) - serves 6 - 8
1 x British Beef Topside Joint (1kg) - serves 4 - 6
1 x British Gammon Joint (1kg) - serves 4 - 6
1 x British Pork, Sage & Onion Sausage Meat Stuffing (454g)
1 x British Streaky Bacon Pack (454g)
1 x British Pork & Cranberry Sausages Pack (454g)

For allergens, nutritional information and ingredients please see attached document - allergens will be in bold

Delivered frozen directly from Althams Butchers: please allow 10 - 14 working days for delivery, week commencing 02/12/19, to UK mainland (including Highlands, islands and Northern Ireland)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.808871

By the time those joints are cooked they`ll just about feed 2 people and nowhere near the number of people they state. The price of this poor offering is ridiculous, almost 80 quid for a total of 4 kg uncooked meat and a few sausages, bacon and stuffing.

Last date for delivery Friday 20th so Q ask you wait till after the weekend which is the day prior Christmas Eve.
Surely the latest date for a frozen food delivery should be at least the end of the previous week, to allow for any problems.

By the time those joints are cooked they`ll just about feed 2 people and nowhere near the number of people they state. The price of this poor offering is ridiculous, almost 80 quid for a total of 4 kg uncooked meat and a few sausages, bacon and stuffing.

its a whole lot of sausages, sausage meat and bacon all cheap fillers and I agree the "joint's are teeny tiny. you could go to Iceland/Aldi/ lidl and get good prices and better quality.

For the last few years, we've had frozen three-bird roasts, from Iceland, Tesco or Lidl. They've been really tasty, and no waste. Usually about £10, though last year we got one earlier in the season, and it was £5.00. From Iceland, I think.

They're cheap enough to try, before the big day, just in case they're not to your taste.

Last year we had a £12 crown from Lidl. Deliciously succulent and it did quite a few meals. And the best bit, apart from the price, was that we actually had it to eat on Christmas Day, because there was no opportunity for an online order to go awry.

Even if people can’t get out to the shops, they could always order for home delivery from one of the supermarkets, but it strikes me that quite a lot of customer believe that QVC is the only “shop” out there.

Latest posts

Back