A voucher!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
It is many moons ago since I had any discount from QVC but this a.m I had a £5 voucher code.This is for an order over £50 excluding P&P and some other restrictions placed between 19/4 & 15/5.I cannot think of anything I want just now & it only amounts to 10% and I am sure if I do find anything that might tempt me it will be £49 or over £60.Free P&P on several orders might have had an effect, but at least I have been ‘honoured’ with the thought! Question to self, have I been ordering too much lately?

I got it too this morning.
wow! £5 off but you have to spend £50 & all sorts of restrictions....no easy pay, no advanced orders, no waitlist, no auto delivery etc etc etc etc. Gobsmacked at the generosity!

As honoured as you feel, it seems like a bit of a stingy offer to me. Fair enough specify perhaps that the item you order should cost more than a tenner...but £5 and a whole load of rules - hardly worth the bother if you ask me!
Yes I used the term ‘honoured’ tongue in cheek! It is a pittance,10% is not worth bothering about.I have another £5 off from another company with no minimum spend and I will not be using that.Back to the drawing board QVC if you want to encourage someone to buy!

I received the 15% off home & garden too. How ridiculous that it can only be used over this weekend! Not that I want to buy anything anyway!

I banked with M&S & would get reward vouchers for using my debit card. A few weeks ago I received an email telling me that they were closing their banking operation & to sling my hook but not to worry about losing any rewards I'd accrued because they would be transferred to my credit card. I don't have one!

IW don’t give vouchers, when they have free delivery or money off, everyone is entitled to it. They have in the past given me as an apology for Hermes lobbing my new iron over the back fence credit, I complained to IW and they told me to keep the iron, they’ll send a new one out for me and popped £10 credit on my account, minimum spend? £10.01, plus they can knock any credit off your flexi-pays, if you chose them, their website is capable of adjusting the payments when you order. 28 years and QVC still haven’t mastered the art yet, either that or they can’t be arsed because people will order anyway, so they probably think why should they bother............customer service QVC, customer service. 😂

I used to have a partnership card (credit card run by the John Lewis partnership) and their reward scheme gave you 1 point for every pound spent in JL or Waitrose, or 1 point for every £2 spent elsewhere. Once you'd accumulated 500 points you'd be sent a £5 gift voucher, for 1000 points it would be a tenner and so on up to £50. I don't think I ever managed any more than a fiver, and I still got into hideous debt with the damned thing, and ended up having half my monthly repayment going towards the interest. Fairly recently I decided to bite the bullet and do a balance transfer to another card. It cost me nothing and now I've got 26 months zero interest and that should get it paid right off, and when interest does kick in, it's less than the partnership card. Sometimes when you see these little perks that companies offer, it's worth looking into it properly and deciding whether it's worth the bother - In my experience, more often than not, it really isn't!

IW don’t give vouchers, when they have free delivery or money off, everyone is entitled to it. They have in the past given me as an apology for Hermes lobbing my new iron over the back fence credit, I complained to IW and they told me to keep the iron, they’ll send a new one out for me and popped £10 credit on my account, minimum spend? £10.01, plus they can knock any credit off your flexi-pays, if you chose them, their website is capable of adjusting the payments when you order. 28 years and QVC still haven’t mastered the art yet, either that or they can’t be arsed because people will order anyway, so they probably think why should they bother............customer service QVC, customer service. 😂
That's being in tune with your customers. The Q like to talk the talk but can't do the follow up walk. 'Think you know QVC...' Yes, we DO!

That's being in tune with your customers. The Q like to talk the talk but can't do the follow up walk. 'Think you know QVC...' Yes, we DO!

Just had a quick look at Katy Pulloneover before and she said “ummm.....buy a few things you haven’t tried before....ummm......maybe stock up on your staples”. She failed to add that If you bought just four things the postage averages £20, £20! 😳

Aw yeah T, Q do like to talk the talk, and yep I think we know QVC, over twelve months ago we’d have said, at least Dick Turpin worse a mask, turns out, they’re flogging them now too..........oh the irony. 😂😂😂. ❤️xx

I have a JL credit card and have vouchers.When I first applied I was mortified that I wasn’t given a temporary one straight away and they had to do further checks on me! Told myself I probably ‘didn’t exist’ as I had nothing on credit and no mortgage.I use it if I want to try anything and return before any payment is due.Always pay off the balance so never any credit charges, even contacted them once as it wasn’t taking my payment, it was too early.This is something of a change when I was working and had all sorts of credit/ charge cards paying off each month.Now I know exactly where I am money wise!

I have a JL credit card and have vouchers.When I first applied I was mortified that I wasn’t given a temporary one straight away and they had to do further checks on me! Told myself I probably ‘didn’t exist’ as I had nothing on credit and no mortgage.I use it if I want to try anything and return before any payment is due.Always pay off the balance so never any credit charges, even contacted them once as it wasn’t taking my payment, it was too early.This is something of a change when I was working and had all sorts of credit/ charge cards paying off each month.Now I know exactly where I am money wise!
I work for the partnership, and I used to get a lot of wealthy customers, the ones who'd spend about £300 a week on groceries, and literally buy everything using the card then pay it off, so of course they'd be accumulating £50 vouchers like sweets. As silly as it sounds, the discount I got would knock my spend down therefore I'd get fewer points, and of course I never managed to clear the balance every month. I can see that it's great for some people eg those who can afford to spend a lot and pay it off and people who are generally more disciplined than myself. I am now, but I've been forced to wake up to myself. When I had a proper look at the amount of interest I'd spend on things over the years I was horrified and said this is going to stop right now. I'm making great inroads into my catalogue debt (mainly thanks to the pandemic) and making sure when I do buy it's on interest free terms, and no voucher is going to sway me!

Interest is phenomenal a voucher system like JL is only of use if you are buying the item anyway at the price you want to pay then it can be seen as a small bonus.My spend at JL when it happens which has been very little over the last year just usually tips into the amount for free P&P and returns are free.

Latest posts

Back