Abi Cleeve !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I heard her today (and Charlie), say that Ultrasun is now available on PRESCRIPTION !!! can anyone confirm this ? and is used by huuuuuuge corporations for their staff who are employed outside.

It is usually Uvistat and Sunsense that are prescribed.

maybe theirs a hint Sunsense Skinsense. Ultrasun Uvistat maybe all made by the same company.

As far as I am aware these are only prescribed in exceptional circumstances not to anyone going to Spain on their hols.

I had a relative who’s baby was born with various complications including Albino type skin and as a baby she was prescribed it.

Herein NI our prescriptions are completely free so perhaps I could order in bulk and sell it on?

Orders anyone?:mysmilie_11:

Ultrasun has no connection to Uvistat and Sunsense.

I'm fairly sure that Sunsense is an Australian brand...

As far as I am aware these are only prescribed in exceptional circumstances not to anyone going to Spain on their hols.

I had a relative who’s baby was born with various complications including Albino type skin and as a baby she was prescribed it.

Herein NI our prescriptions are completely free so perhaps I could order in bulk and sell it on?

Orders anyone?:mysmilie_11:

Naughty!!!

I think the script thing is a lie. She knows we can never refute her claim given that everyone's medical history is private.
Personally I think any SS on script would be one containing a lot less chemicals than hers (some US formulations contain 2 big nasties (in suncare.) Also, the profession dislikes 'once a day' formulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fairly sure that Sunsense is an Australian brand...

Naughty!!!

I think the script thing is a lie. She knows we can never refute her claim given that everyone's medical history is private.
Personally I think any SS on script would be one containing a lot less chemicals than hers (some US formulations contain 2 big nasties (in suncare.) Also, the profession dislikes 'once a day' formulations.

You may be right SB. I would imagine that all products prescribed would need to be approved by some body / regulator / QUANGO of some description. I have a contact at the General Medical Council who will be able to tell me more. I will get in touch with him over the coming week and find out if it is possible in any way, shape or form that Ultrasun can be prescribed by a medical professional. I shall get the answer from a reliable source - and in black & white! I bet it will make for an interesting read! However I should not presuppose anything - I'll just put it through the due process and see what happens.

Couldn’t anyone on social media put out a post asking registered NHS GP’s what suncreams can be prescribed by the NHS please?

Hello lovely people. I haven't been around for some time because I'm totally over the Q & didn't have anything to contribute until a couple of days ago... I'd accepted a parcel for my neighbour & it turned out to be one of these "I need you to..." products. I was asked if I'd tried it & then heard the much repeated mantra that it's available on prescription & quelle surprise the sweet soul was shocked that I said this because Abi had totally convinced her; personally I've always found it an odd way to sell something by saying it's available more cheaply if you get it from your GP but who am I to argue with the saccharine-coated harpy? I had a look at all the items no longer available on prescription & sun protection is there along with stuff for cradle cap & haemorrhoids, it may well be that people with complex skin conditions can get it privately but that's not what she says, so I contacted the ASA. Here is their reply:

'Thank you for contacting the ASA with your complaint about QVC.
We’ve spoken to the advertiser who acknowledged the claim was incorrect. They have provided us with written assurances that the clip will not be broadcast again, and that the claim will not be repeated'.

If she's still spouting this tosh her arrogance knows no bounds.

Hello lovely people. I haven't been around for some time because I'm totally over the Q & didn't have anything to contribute until a couple of days ago... I'd accepted a parcel for my neighbour & it turned out to be one of these "I need you to..." products. I was asked if I'd tried it & then heard the much repeated mantra that it's available on prescription & quelle surprise the sweet soul was shocked that I said this because Abi had totally convinced her; personally I've always found it an odd way to sell something by saying it's available more cheaply if you get it from your GP but who am I to argue with the saccharine-coated harpy? I had a look at all the items no longer available on prescription & sun protection is there along with stuff for cradle cap & haemorrhoids, it may well be that people with complex skin conditions can get it privately but that's not what she says, so I contacted the ASA. Here is their reply:

We’ve spoken to the advertiser who acknowledged the claim was incorrect. They have provided us with written assurances that the clip will not be broadcast again, and that the claim will not be repeated'.

Shame it has to go to these lengths but it’s necessary to stop these lies being used to dupe customers into buying. I will pay particular notice next time she’s on...

Why do they make such claims when they can be found out which is hugely damagingly? AbbiC. Is not someone whose word I take as the truth but that is beside the point many people do & why should they not.Will she & Q issue a disclaimer?

Why do they make such claims when they can be found out which is hugely damagingly? AbbiC. Is not someone whose word I take as the truth but that is beside the point many people do & why should they not.Will she & Q issue a disclaimer?

Yes when Hell freezes over. Remember, this is a company who doesn’t comment when people leave their employment.

Yes when Hell freezes over. Remember, this is a company who doesn’t comment when people leave their employment.

That's pretty standard for companies these days isn't it? I worked with someone for years and one day, gone, no comment from anyone. I don't think it's that people have left, it's that they've been asked/made to leave.

CC

Hi T, yes I know what you mean. The likes of Abbi C convince themselves they won’t be challenged so sprout any old crap, just makes Charlie Brook look like a fool when he mentions QVCs “legal team”

You know what, I'm going right off QVC. Been there from day one and have loved it but now it's going the wrong way. You can't lie to your customers and expect them to stay. Stopped buying jewellery, spent a fortune on gardening but now I'm not really enthusiastic. Spent another fortune on clothes but the quality isn't there now and the prices a joke. I'm a wee bit fed up.

CC

The other awful Abbey has just said that many people are taking their Dyson hairdryer to their hairdresser as they don’t think their hairstylist can blow dry their hair as well as they can with the Dyson.

Is there something wrong with these people? Do they think we are as stupid as themselves.

Latest posts

Back