Abi Cleeve !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The other awful Abbey has just said that many people are taking their Dyson hairdryer to their hairdresser as they don’t think their hairstylist can blow dry their hair as well as they can with the Dyson.

Is there something wrong with these people? Do they think we are as stupid as themselves.

How ridiculous! Next they'll be taking the Kitchen Aid to the local bakers to make them a loaf!

How ridiculous! Next they'll be taking the Kitchen Aid to the local bakers to make them a loaf!

:mysmilie_483: you’ll be giving them script ideas Julius. Jewellers can’t tell the difference between eek and real with their jewellers loupes either.

:mysmilie_483: you’ll be giving them script ideas Julius. Jewellers can’t tell the difference between eek and real with their jewellers loupes either.

Can't tell the difference! Like people can afford a solitaire the size of a football!

The other awful Abbey has just said that many people are taking their Dyson hairdryer to their hairdresser as they don’t think their hairstylist can blow dry their hair as well as they can with the Dyson.

Is there something wrong with these people? Do they think we are as stupid as themselves.

Another lie. Who would do that? What hairdresser would put up with that?

Another lie. Who would do that? What hairdresser would put up with that?

They've probably spent so much on the stupid hairdryer they have to cut costs by going to a crap hairdresser that has some jolly awful £30 hairdryer from Argos.

They've probably spent so much on the stupid hairdryer they have to cut costs by going to a crap hairdresser that has some jolly awful £30 hairdryer from Argos.

:mysmilie_17: Most hairdressers I know spend a fortune on their equipment. None of which is made by Dyson.

My hairdresser told me she’s tried the Dyson hairdryer and other hair products at a trade fare and her and her colleagues and other business associates in the hairdresser business didn’t rate it at all. Can you imagine the tower of Dyson returns, no wonder they’re bringing out so many “new” versions with combs and brushes, just so people can’t see the reviews.

:mysmilie_17: Most hairdressers I know spend a fortune on their equipment. None of which is made by Dyson.

Yes. I prefer to spend my money on lovely things from Waitrose, like gruyere-stuffed mushrooms, celeriac and spinach soup and Duchy Organic ginger cookies, not to mention the sublime organic raspberries.

Hairdressers need to be insured & I'm sure that clients taking in their own tools, that hadn't been PAT tested, would invalidate the policies. I can't stand her & the oft-repeated claim that "all other dryers" heat your hair to 230 degrees drives me mad. Personally I think she confuses power with heat, plumps for this figure as it's between 220 & 240 & doesn't understand these numbers relate to volts. Expecting her to specify centigrade or fahrenheit would obviously be too much. With all this in mind, & the fact that the Q ignored my comments about this last year, I emailed Dyson directly:

'Good Morning, This product, in all its variations, is presented on QVCUK by Abbie Horne. I know that she is not employed by you, however, I think you should review her sales 'patter'. She insists in making the false claim that all other dryers use 230 degrees of heat to dry hair. This comes across as a scare tactic which shows poor selling ability, she does not specify centigrade or fahrenheit, & it is my belief that she confuses temperature with power. I have contacted QVC about this erroneous statement without success so, as it is your product, I leave it with you to correct this person.'

Hairdressers need to be insured & I'm sure that clients taking in their own tools, that hadn't been PAT tested, would invalidate the policies. I can't stand her & the oft-repeated claim that "all other dryers" heat your hair to 230 degrees drives me mad. Personally I think she confuses power with heat, plumps for this figure as it's between 220 & 240 & doesn't understand these numbers relate to volts. Expecting her to specify centigrade or fahrenheit would obviously be too much. With all this in mind, & the fact that the Q ignored my comments about this last year, I emailed Dyson directly:

'Good Morning, This product, in all its variations, is presented on QVCUK by Abbie Horne. I know that she is not employed by you, however, I think you should review her sales 'patter'. She insists in making the false claim that all other dryers use 230 degrees of heat to dry hair. This comes across as a scare tactic which shows poor selling ability, she does not specify centigrade or fahrenheit, & it is my belief that she confuses temperature with power. I have contacted QVC about this erroneous statement without success so, as it is your product, I leave it with you to correct this person.'

Very well written.

Absolutely!!!

My hairdresser told me she’s tried the Dyson hairdryer and other hair products at a trade fare and her and her colleagues and other business associates in the hairdresser business didn’t rate it at all. Can you imagine the tower of Dyson returns, no wonder they’re bringing out so many “new” versions with combs and brushes, just so people can’t see the reviews.

I have a close family member who is a hairdresser and they do not rate the Dyson dryer at all and nor do most of their hairdresser friends/colleagues.

Apparently Cleeve has a degree in Business and Finance from the University of Hertfordshire. It would seem that her expertise therefore lies in selling, or perhaps should I say "selling of lies?"

Apparently Cleeve has a degree in Business and Finance from the University of Hertfordshire. It would seem that her expertise therefore lies in selling, or perhaps should I say "selling of lies?"

Yes, she always makes out like she's a chemist or something but she'd need a degree in science or biology for that (I'm guessing). I don't like her sales manner, way too pushy as if she's bigging up an ordinary product.

CC

Latest posts

Back