Absence of US brand owners

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
The pandemic is all but over, but still we haven't seen any of the American brand owners venturing back here to promote their goods. Kim, (Kim and Co) Doris (Doll10), Kate (Nina Leonard), Marla Wynne, the grey/blonde lady from Mr Max etc etc. in fact they don't even bother to pop up on the video link anymore. Is it because its cheaper to pay a UK contractor to present, like Jenny Blackhurst, than pay for airfares and hotels here ? The exception is Patrick from Quaker Factory, so does he live here now ?

The pandemic is all but over, but still we haven't seen any of the American brand owners venturing back here to promote their goods. Kim, (Kim and Co) Doris (Doll10), Kate (Nina Leonard), Marla Wynne, the grey/blonde lady from Mr Max etc etc. in fact they don't even bother to pop up on the video link anymore. Is it because its cheaper to pay a UK contractor to present, like Jenny Blackhurst, than pay for airfares and hotels here ? The exception is Patrick from Quaker Factory, so does he live here now ?
acutally kate from nina leonard has been here a few times

I think he once said that he now lives in London.

It is pretty pathetic that they can't even be bothered to make a video now and then, especially Marla Wynne who apparently has so many fans here. At least Dannii Minogue makes an effort. Kim appeared by video during the pandemic but now it's just brand ambassadors. More money for them I guess but I'm sure Kim can afford the air fare though maybe she can't be bothered any more.

Kim strikes me as a vain woman. After so many years away from the UK, she may have changed physically and doesn't want to show herself and be subjected to criticism. Could be the same for Marla. At least Kim has filmed a new promo video, but not Marla. We're still seeing the same one filmed years ago.

I think Patrick lives here now.

I'm sure Patrick has said many times he now lives in London, I think with his partner. He should be on more as he's a good watch, however, the Quacker products are now way over priced and I'm not sure they sell as well. I've seen him as a BA on other brands though.

CC

Marla’s never got me buying any of her clothes so I can’t take credit if she’s now enjoying the profits from her sales. The styles are usually too boxy/shapeless and too expensive for what they are, in my opinion.

I've bought a few Marla fashions. My bottom line comments are: the knit fabrics don't "pill", the blouses are often too tight under the armhole, the "flatter fit" trousers are over generous in size, but the fabric wears like iron, and many of her tops are too wide and too short. In spite of my positive comments the negatives outweigh them. I will never buy from Marla again.

I’ve given up on Q fashion - extortionate prices,postage and the actual style not great. I find myself buying fashion from IW more and more - great everyday items at great prices,capped p&p and free returns via Asda. Marla Wynne items do not excite me but I’m sure she has her fans.

Patrick does several presentations, and yes he has lived here for about 20 years.

If they had the designers over here the amount of air time Marla Wynne has she’d never leave. Same as Ruth Langford, just as well she lives here.

Latest posts

Back