Absolute rip-off!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They are pricey but seem to suit women of a certain build. I’ve never seen Jilly look better than during Marla shows. She should splash out on a few pieces.

It’s not the price because I could afford to buy them if I wanted, but as I’m not built like a square box, which is what a lot of her outfits resemble (with the exception of the balloon dress) her style is not a fashion that I’d embrace. Nor had I ever heard of her until she appeared on QVC. Now her clothes are never off the screen. I’d also not pay for a thin chiffon top which requires a vest top underneath it. I thought the same about some of the shapeless Join clothes. But we’re all different and MW seems to be a popular range, although personally I don’t know why. 😳

I caught a few minutes of Marla Wynne last night and she was saying if this is out of your budget at £83 just get it and give it a go, or words to that effect. Gobsmacking and disgraceful.
To be fair to Debbie, she must have some stamina because she was working the day before she packed and then the day afterwards plus moved apparently 100 boxes of stuff from her brother’s amongst other goods and chattels then moved and was back on our screens the day after. I’m a good bit younger (and fitter 😉) than her and think that’s good going! Clearly needs the money 😂🤣😂

When I was a kid we had cardboard advent calendars but we had one posh one that folded out into a stable with all the nativity and pop up donkeys and the like. I loved it so much I still kept it when it was held together with sellotape and all the doors had fallen off. You can keep your chocolate advents, give me pop up shepherds every time ;)

CC
They were lovely candycane .. we used the same one every year lol .. but loved it 👍

My brother in law is partial to beer (but not pork scratchings) and I always find him one those gift packs with a few bottles of beer with a ‘theme’. Last year I bought him a Christmas version (plum pudding brown ale, Christmas Eve Warmer, Santa’s Tipple etc). Other years I’ve got a box of Belgian blonds, or an Adnams Special. Usually £15 of so and they make a nice gift for a grumpy 64 year old man who has everything !
My brother in law is getting a bottle of Pernod. As they have been unable to go abroad this year he hasn't managed to get his Ricaud. We try to get a local breweries Belgian Blue and Farmers Blond beers.

My brother in law is partial to beer (but not pork scratchings) and I always find him one those gift packs with a few bottles of beer with a ‘theme’. Last year I bought him a Christmas version (plum pudding brown ale, Christmas Eve Warmer, Santa’s Tipple etc). Other years I’ve got a box of Belgian blonds, or an Adnams Special. Usually £15 of so and they make a nice gift for a grumpy 64 year old man who has everything !
My Mr T loves this company's beers. He used to buy from Sainsburys but now buys in bulk! It was founded by Logan Plant, a local lad for us who went to school at the end of our road, & is the son of lovely Robert.

I was just looking on the John Lewis website at their advent calendars, they have an advent calendar from Wedgwood selling at the bargain price of..... .£650.....they only have four remaining online so form an orderly queue please :oops:

Wow, you could buy a new bed or that price! However, I can pick that up for £487.50 with me discount! Something tells me that even at that price it would be the last thing I'd think about buying! I read the blurb and it said that each drawer contains a ceramic tree decoration. The picture doesn't even show the potential buyer a picture of the contents. If you look closely you can see a star decoration being held up, and it doesn't look much. Each decoration works out at £27 each, that is pure craziness in the extreme and I couldn't even imagine that someone with money to burn would consider burning it on this! There's probably a lot more than 4 in stock, I'm sure the low amount is fictitious as to make people believe that there are other people out there crazy enough to buy it, so perhaps you won't feel so crazy yourself and you'll buy it!

Wow, you could buy a new bed or that price! However, I can pick that up for £487.50 with me discount! Something tells me that even at that price it would be the last thing I'd think about buying! I read the blurb and it said that each drawer contains a ceramic tree decoration. The picture doesn't even show the potential buyer a picture of the contents. If you look closely you can see a star decoration being held up, and it doesn't look much. Each decoration works out at £27 each, that is pure craziness in the extreme and I couldn't even imagine that someone with money to burn would consider burning it on this! There's probably a lot more than 4 in stock, I'm sure the low amount is fictitious as to make people believe that there are other people out there crazy enough to buy it, so perhaps you won't feel so crazy yourself and you'll buy it!
The photos & blurb are from Wedgewood's website, however, theirs gives details of each piece.

I saw and heard that, but did she say about walking in the woods ? I cant remember that. If so, then I'll fire off the email to Rob Muller as to whether its appropriate in these financially constraining times to hear presenters boasting about the freebies they get.
That reminded me of how Charlie Brooks 'kept going on about' how he was given a 'sample' of an £80 pillow and how he was so 'grateful', but of course during to the 'nature' of the 'freebie' it couldn't be returned. Though of course he said if he needed to he would purchase the item again. 2 points, (remember I am 1/2 empty), he probably won't and even if he does he will probably get some kind of 'staff discount'!

Latest posts

Back