Accessing Voicemail Help Required

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Catkins

Registered Shopper
Help!

My fella has my old Samsung Galaxy Mini phone which is on the O2 network (I know, but he's not very techy, just wanted phone to text bless him!!). His Dad has sent him a voicemail message and for the life of me we can't access it!!

The O2 voicemail number is 901 and we've activated it and all that but everytime we go into it to try to retrieve this message we get diverted to the top-up line!!

The phone also says "voicemail number unknown"

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Have I lost the plot? Phone is in danger of being minced so any help would be much appreciated.

Did you activate the voicemail service after the voicemail message was left? How do you know there is a message?

Last edited:
If is phone is PAYG and he is being diverted to top up line it sounds like he has run out of credit and needs to top up.

http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp/howdoi/voicemail901/howtogetstarted

Sazza, you are a genius!!

Fella tops up £10 a month and gets his 500 texts and his internet plus 75 mins of calls which clearly doesn't cover retrieving an answer machine message which seems ridiculous but there you go!!

I knew it would be something obvious! Am off to O2 now to complain!

Thanks again Sazza. Fella's phone lives to fight another day!! :up:

Sazza, you are a genius!!

Fella tops up £10 a month and gets his 500 texts and his internet plus 75 mins of calls which clearly doesn't cover retrieving an answer machine message which seems ridiculous but there you go!!

I knew it would be something obvious! Am off to O2 now to complain!

Thanks again Sazza. Fella's phone lives to fight another day!! :up:

No problem!!

I doubt you will get anywhere complaining to O2 as they will say the £10 only covers the 500 texts, and 75 minutes and anything else outwith that you need to pay for.

Latest posts

Back