Actifry..Blatant Lie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ryan

Registered Shopper
I can't believe that Ideal World are prepared to say ,with a straight face that their selling price for The Actifry is the cheapest anywhere.Doing a Google search immediately brings up proces that are cheaper.
I mean ,you don't even have to look hard.

http://www.properprice.co.uk/tefal-...tml?kw=GA843&gclid=COGfiZqE950CFU0B4wodTCXipQ

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/1972852/art/tefal/actifry-fz00015-deep-frye.html?srcid=867

AND ,there are more.Just type it into Google and VOILA! Do they think that their customers are complete idiots? Unbelievable that they can get away with crap like that.
I thought they knocked that kind of thing on the head quite some time ago_Obviously not.

Maybe some of their customers don't have internet access to check prices?

I agree it is naughty of them to blatentley lie and make false representation:down:

Werent these Actifry's on Watchdog or similar program because they can burst into flames?

Sadly liars are everywhere, but they have to live with themselves, that's punishment enough :lol1:.

Maybe some of their customers don't have internet access to check prices?

I agree it is naughty of them to blatentley lie and make false representation:down:

Werent these Actifry's on Watchdog or similar program because they can burst into flames?

Not to my knowledge. I saw them on sale in John Lewis last night and if there was anything wrong with them, they would have been pulled from the shelves.

Yes, the Tefal acti-fire as we call it was on Watchdog, they managed to set one alight just doing normal cooking even though Tefal said it wouldn't actually catch light.

Typically, Ideal World just gloss over this, don't recall them, don't offer worried customers their money back, just keep on pushing the product, anything it seems for a few pennies more.

Its like the Oleander plants which are poisonous to dogs and kids, they didn't mention it for weeks of selling them aparently until it was brought up on here.
And even now they gloss over it like "well LOADS of plants are poisonous to dogs and kids....mumble mumble.....this one is whisper"

Of course now is the time of year for Ideal to start the biggest bull of the year with their "guaranteed xmas delivery" right up to past the last royal mail posting dates and even when it becomes physcially impossible to get goods to you. When you are thinking of believing this, ask yourself, if THEY say 7 - 14 working days the rest of the year, what suddenly happens at xmas to magically make it easy and guaranteed in 24 hours? I hate Ideal for this every year, they don't even have the balls to offer Recorded or Special for a price and it makes me sick to see all the presenters barfing on about guaranteed delivery right up to 21st Dec etc, not giving a hoot about peoples xmases I have seen on here DESTROYED by Ideals non delivery and claims to the opposite. After all, Ideals philosophy seems to be, if they have your £5 in the bank who gives a toss if your elderly Mum has to sit at xmas day with no present :(

Ideal world are the biggest FAIL at this time of year.

Sorry, ranted a bit.

Yes you can buy the actifry cheaper. Mine has broke down twice and I don't think is a rare occurunce as when you telephone tefal about it they have a recorded message saying "if you would like a repair for your actifry press 1." Also when they read the reviews they conveinantly forget the ones that state the machine breaks down a lot.

Prior to the furore over the danger associated with the actifry bursting into flames, the fryer was available on amazon for approx. £97.00. Now, IW are quoting the usual price at almost £200.00.

Is this to recoup money Tefal have had to spend to remedy the problem?

I first saw them on Ideal World and so badly wanted one but couldn't afford it. Hubby was in COMET and found one alomost a third cheaper. He bought it for us and it is a wonderful machine. You hardly need any oil and casseroles taste amazing, chis as crisp as anything.

Paul the fat camp chef :pB: read out an email last week saying someone bought one for 140 quid then bought another just incase the first broke down hmmmmmmm liar liar pants on fire ..........

Latest posts

Back