Actress Sarah Parish on IW

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheeky chappie

Registered Shopper
sorry if old news! At first I thought 'OMG talk about bagging a 'name' as a presenter' (yes I should have known ... I've given myself a slap don't worry!) then realised she's on as a guest with Rick to talk health and nutrition. I'm assuming she's flogging something, book, pills, cream, diet plan, training equipment or combo of them all?

An Actress extolling the virtues of a product on a Shopping Channel, no doubt for a fee? Do the idiots in charge not see there's a bit of a issue with that?

I bet they wouldn't bring on some of the customers who placed reviews on Trust Pilot & Review Centre, not even if they waived their fee :mysmilie_59:

The amount of fitness cARp that ideal do is crazy one minute they want you to lose weight then PB is manoeuvring his large carcass around the kitchen testing or should that be tasting everything in sight, i have no idea who this woman is nor am i interested but rick hay looks as though he is about to explode standing next to her if you know what i mean.:mysmilie_17:

The amount of fitness cARp that ideal do is crazy one minute they want you to lose weight then PB is manoeuvring his large carcass around the kitchen testing or should that be tasting everything in sight, i have no idea who this woman is nor am i interested but rick hay looks as though he is about to explode standing next to her if you know what i mean.:mysmilie_17:

Oh you're so right. And we have Senna Pod Howard banging on about health then throwing all kinds of BIG BRODELS calorie laden swill down his grid as fast as he can and all the time resembling a PG Tips Chimp with his badly fitting dentures chewing action. I think Howard needs some Seabond.

This channel is beyond parody, beyond incredulous and I suspect beyond help :mysmilie_59:

I'll be honest, I know we joke about it but I don't think any of us believe the presenters spiel, we buy if we like it and we don't if we don't, simple as that. But wouldn't it be lovely to sit down with a cuppa and watch one hour with a presenter who knows this, and just explains the product in a precise and friendly manner rather than the Bid jokes who think the IW customer buys the lies, the gurning faux shocked faces, the campness and all the other pathetic attempts to get a sale. I'm dreading Peter Pervy Simon returning, with his "not only......" "not only......" "not only....." sales patter and constant sexual innuendo, how can anyone at IW think this is acceptable?

I'll be honest, I know we joke about it but I don't think any of us believe the presenters spiel, we buy if we like it and we don't if we don't, simple as that. But wouldn't it be lovely to sit down with a cuppa and watch one hour with a presenter who knows this, and just explains the product in a precise and friendly manner rather than the Bid jokes who think the IW customer buys the lies, the gurning faux shocked faces, the campness and all the other pathetic attempts to get a sale. I'm dreading Peter Pervy Simon returning, with his "not only......" "not only......" "not only....." sales patter and constant sexual innuendo, how can anyone at IW think this is acceptable?

I would not believe one single word that any of the ex Bid Shopping cast of crap says.

They were all part of, surely, the most shameless, disreputable, dishonest and downright rotten shopping channels since Auction World. And let's remember, both Bid Shopping and Auction World went bust, and good riddance.

What a crying shame that the Ideal World of 2016 feels the need to hire this truly grotesque group.

I mean, the utterly dreadful Paul Becque has just done a price comparison for a Hoover Steam Generator and, without flinching, said, 'i've never heard of any of these companies'.

How much contempt can this shower actually have for us?

Sarah Parish is a pretty good actress, I think. She's probably been in things you've watched. Here's her filmography... Like Melanie Sykes, her career was boosted by doing a Boddington's beer commercial :mysmilie_3:

I think this is IW's answer to Davina McCall appearing on QVC.

Sarah Parish is a pretty good actress, I think. She's probably been in things you've watched. Here's her filmography... Like Melanie Sykes, her career was boosted by doing a Boddington's beer commercial :mysmilie_3:

I think this is IW's answer to Davina McCall appearing on QVC.

I have no doubt she's a good Actress, and there's the rub.

She's an Actress, a person who Acts, a Professional Pretender. But we're then supposed to believe an Actress, a person who Acts, a Professional Pretender, selling on a Shopping Channel?

It beggars belief, it really does. :mysmilie_59:

So she's 'resting' as they say.

Very possibly. They are self-employed, and when they don't have a job they don't have an income. No doubt there are other avenues most actors employ to keep the money ticking over, same as most people in the media. They may get good money when they've got a job, but they are no different to the rest of us in that too big a wait for the next pay packet will cause them a problem. It's only when they get into superstar status where they can afford to sit tight and wait... and some of the biggest movie stars on the planet have done their times featuring in advertising for one brand or another... even quite downmarket brands (though they would be careful not to do this in their "home" market).

That's a long list .The only one I have watched is The Bill.Makes me realise how little TV I watch.i like factual programmes so I probably shouldn't be watching shopping TV where the facts can be a bit dodgy. ! Can't imagine she will be any worse than the others.

For balance QVC have a lady on talking very confidently,and indeed knowledgeably, on behalf of the American brand, Algenist Skincare.

Her name is Jennifer Ness but you might know her better as the Actress who played the Con Kris Yates in Bad Girls, ages ago. I don't recall seeing her in much else apart from (I think) a few JML Infomercials.

They don't mention that though :mysmilie_59:

I haven't got a clue, either, so glad I'm not alone! I got the e-mail a few days ago, making the big announcement that she was coming on IW, and I was so underwhelmed by the news it wasn't true. Can't wait (yawn) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :mysmilie_17:
I haven't got a clue who she is .Maybe I watch too much shopping telly........

I haven't got a clue, either, so glad I'm not alone! I got the e-mail a few days ago, making the big announcement that she was coming on IW, and I was so underwhelmed by the news it wasn't true. Can't wait (yawn) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :mysmilie_17:

I'm with you H, never heard of her either.............warra catch! :mysmilie_15:

I'm with you H, never heard of her either.............warra catch! :mysmilie_15:

I think the problem that all the tv channels have is they make assumptions about who their customer base is... so what seems like a really big deal to them is a big meh to most people who have never heard of whoever it is.

I think the problem that all the tv channels have is they make assumptions about who their customer base is... so what seems like a really big deal to them is a big meh to most people who have never heard of whoever it is.

That true, I suppose you can't please all of the people all of the time.

For balance QVC have a lady on talking very confidently,and indeed knowledgeably, on behalf of the American brand, Algenist Skincare.

Her name is Jennifer Ness but you might know her better as the Actress who played the Con Kris Yates in Bad Girls, ages ago. I don't recall seeing her in much else apart from (I think) a few JML Infomercials.

They don't mention that though :mysmilie_59:

I knew I recognised her but I just couldn't think from where. Thanks for that bit of info. Bad Girls was a bit of a guilty pleasure for me.

Latest posts

Back