Advanced orders

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
I want to order the TSV but its on advanced orders. Do QVC request the payment at the time of ordering or when its despatched Thanks

Well they say it is at time of despatch and that has been my experience too, but I bet there are some who have known otherwise as this is the Q after all. Also, the orders do sometimes come through before the date shown onscreen so the payment may come several days before you expect it.

Yes, on their Facebook a few months ago a number of people asking why the money had been taken. Some said it was being ring-fenced by the bank and QVC but not taken. Any time I have had money ring-fenced by a company it just drops off again back into your account in 4 or 5 working days. I cannot remember the exact time?

The money will show as a pending transaction in your bank account and will then leave it when the item is dispatched. This was the case with my advanced order for the infamous compost. However, after a week the pending transaction disappeared. When I rang QVC to query it I was told that, depending on which bank I was with, it would “disappear,” no money would be taken out and that the transaction would be re-instated once it was dispatched.

There have been cases when the money’s been taken out before the item is dispatched which is fair enough unless it never turns up.

If the TSV started off as AO then no money will be taken till it’s ready to be despatched, but with an AO because an item has just sold out on air, you need to be careful, because if you go on AO and someone let’s it drop out their basket/cancels their order/payment doesn’t go through they’ll keep going down the line till they get to someone who has the funds in so the AO could literally be five minutes after you’ve placed your order. I don’t know if the TSV started off as AO if it did then they’ll reserve your payment ready to take on despatch when the item gets processed as being in stock in your account.

If the TSV started off as AO then no money will be taken till it’s ready to be despatched, but with an AO because an item has just sold out on air, you need to be careful, because if you go on AO and someone let’s it drop out their basket/cancels their order/payment doesn’t go through they’ll keep going down the line till they get to someone who has the funds in so the AO could literally be five minutes after you’ve placed your order. I don’t know if the TSV started off as AO if it did then they’ll reserve your payment ready to take on despatch when the item gets processed as being in stock in your account.
Yep - that happened to me. Dropped me right in the brown stuff when I had direct debits coming out the day after. That’s fine, but QVC have all the advantages and none of the disadvantages- and they make a big deal of saying ‘If you’re waiting for your next payday get it NOW, without once mentioning that they take the money when they see fit’ !!!!!

Yep - that happened to me. Dropped me right in the brown stuff when I had direct debits coming out the day after. That’s fine, but QVC have all the advantages and none of the disadvantages- and they make a big deal of saying ‘If you’re waiting for your next payday get it NOW, without once mentioning that they take the money when they see fit’ !!!!!

Yes that’s true, in this day and age they could at least send an email saying the item is in a few days before giving you a chance to either cancel or carry on with the purchase, but they don’t and it leaves people like yourself well and truly in the crap, either that or stick to the day stated, it’s not rocket science.

Latest posts

Back