Advice sought re Pro Strong Fluoride nail stuff

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flamenco

Registered Shopper
I have nails that never seem to reach a length longer than the tips of my fingers without breaking. They peel too from time to time. However, I bought a bottle of Pro Strong Pro Brite nail whitening stuff which I've been using for the last month and my nails have suddenly started to really grow, and they feel strong. I still get some peeling though. I love the nail whitening effect as it completely disguises the light yellowing on my nails. the Pro Brite is enriched with Fluoride so I was thinking of buying the Pro STrong Pro Advanced Fluoride stuff and the Pro Cal to get the nails I always wanted. However, reviews are mixed so i thought I'd ask here first before making a decision whether to purchase it or not (it aint cheap either - seems to have gone up in price recently).

I've tried Nail Envy, Jessica, and Leighton Denny nail strengtheners but none really tackle the problem. I do know that its important to use a cuticle oil and I do massage some avocado oil into my nails when I can remember (which means not as often as I should).

When I first tried the combo, I saw the nails grow in length by the end of week two, used twice a day. I filed them down, crystal file, this week, just past the fingertips. They were too long. I haven't tried the ProBrite, but have 2 bottles of it. I find the Calcium boosts the growth along with the ProAdvanced. A nail would snap off but they were long! Since adding NI SohoSilk they're less brittle. Still have ridges though! Within the 30dMBG, you will see results, I'm sure. Quick and easy to use, I keep it by the bed. Brush on ProAdvanced, ProCal, thenProAdvdanced again, 2 minutes, done. In my stash, there's a plastic-wrapped Super Size set and individual bottles. HTH x Snarly

Thanks Snarly! You wouldn't consider parting with your Supersize set in your stash? I'd be happy to buy it from you as its waitlist on la Q!

Gosh, sorry, no, wishing I'd bought more! Going to try the ProBrite today during Columbo/MurderSheWrote/Poirot hour, usually on Sunday afternoons. Hope it works for you. I find that having my nails squoval helps; filed straight across, rounded corners. Square/Oval HTH x Snarly

The good thing about prostrong is that it's a watery liquid, many like Nail Envy are in a polish base which mean waiting time for it to dry. At least with prostrong you can whack on a treatment at any time and it drys straight away, also the moisturiser dries with a non-greasy finish. Being lazy and impatient I can't commit to a system that takes to much forethough or faffing time. Trind is an excellent range but the instructions say to apply and remove daily which is more time commitment than Nail Envy which suggests applying anouther layer every other day. Not all of us re-paint our nails every day ;o)

The 30day MBG comes into its own with this type of product and then once you pinpoint a product that works have a look on ebay.

Jude xx

I can recommend Milagro, which is a 2 step strengthener and moisturiser. Best of all the daily treatment is in what looks like a Bingo Dobber (large felt-tip pen) so no spillage and quick to use. The only way I've found to buy it inthe UK is vai ebay - worth a try but sadly no MBG on this one.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back