ALDI beauty spots - online now..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

People aren’t stupid and know if they’re buying the real thing or not, the likes of Aldi make similar packaging so the buyer knows what it’s item is similar to, that and the fact £30 for a hand wash compared to a virtually identical and better £1.50 is usually a big give away.

People aren’t stupid and know if they’re buying the real thing or not, the likes of Aldi make similar packaging so the buyer knows what it’s item is similar to, that and the fact £30 for a hand wash compared to a virtually identical and better £1.50 is usually a big give away.

Course it is Shopper. I don't have a problem buying knock offs,as long as the quality is ok. There is a Beauty shop at Lakeside,Doncaster that has an under eye concealer that is very like the Soap and Glory and a concealer very like Touche Eclat for a fraction of the cost. If they are ok I will continue to buy. No way will I pay the price for Jo Malone diffusers when the Aldi ones are as good as they are.

I`ve had various skincare items from Aldi, some I loved and have bought again and some I disliked but for what they charge it`s always worth taking a punt on them. If they can make something of good quality for the prices they charge and are willing to have and to pay for their products certified with the leaping bunny then it`s win win in my opinion. How many huge brands have their stuff made under the same roof and by the same Mother companies as high street brands but charge over the odds for them, all because of the name or packaging. Plus so few of them are cruelty free.
I recall watching a documentary a while ago which showed the biggest cosmetic manufacturing factory in the World. It`s in FRance and owned by L`Oreal and they make skincare and cosmetics all in the same place for a multitude of brands and their labs do the research for all these brands too.

Course it is Shopper. I don't have a problem buying knock offs,as long as the quality is ok. There is a Beauty shop at Lakeside,Doncaster that has an under eye concealer that is very like the Soap and Glory and a concealer very like Touche Eclat for a fraction of the cost. If they are ok I will continue to buy. No way will I pay the price for Jo Malone diffusers when the Aldi ones are as good as they are.

The Aldi reed diffusers are the best I've ever bought in any price range. Their dupe of JM's Lime, Basil and Mandarin is gorgeous. I realise that I've only got a small bathroom but I can smell it every time I go in there (which didn't always happen with more expensive ones).

The Aldi reed diffusers are the best I've ever bought in any price range. Their dupe of JM's Lime, Basil and Mandarin is gorgeous. I realise that I've only got a small bathroom but I can smell it every time I go in there (which didn't always happen with more expensive ones).

This is interesting, I bought the Rose one in the black box and both I and my husband couldn't smell much of the scent it was almost non existent.

Yes I agree, the smell is gorgeous and lingers for ages.

Yes I agree, the smell is gorgeous and lingers for ages.

This is interesting, I bought the Rose one in the black box and both I and my husband couldn't smell much of the scent it was almost non existent.

I haven’t tried the Rose but I do love the LBM diffuser and also have a small bathroom where it works perfectly. I stocked up after discovering it through this forum (the naughty person who makes me buy from Aldi and Ideal World knows who they are!). Anyway, I gave one to a friend of mine to try. She often gets the Jo Malone one as a Christmas gift from work (huge but over £60, I believe) as I wanted her to see and compare. I think it must have been a duff because it’s in her downstairs loo which is definitely small and the smell is faint to non-existent. Weird. I must try the Pomegranate one I have somewhere.

Well I`ve used the 3 step skincare box they`re selling and also the moisture boost face cream and both were really good but a clear winner is the moisture boost cream. It`s a light gel like consistency , non greasy, easily absorbs and has left my face feeling smooth and moisturised but without tackiness or oily finish. I`m certainly going to buy more of it whilst they have stock and the 3 step skincare box will be handy for my forthcoming holiday so I`ll buy another of those too.

I haven’t tried the Rose but I do love the LBM diffuser and also have a small bathroom where it works perfectly. I stocked up after discovering it through this forum (the naughty person who makes me buy from Aldi and Ideal World knows who they are!). Anyway, I gave one to a friend of mine to try. She often gets the Jo Malone one as a Christmas gift from work (huge but over £60, I believe) as I wanted her to see and compare. I think it must have been a duff because it’s in her downstairs loo which is definitely small and the smell is faint to non-existent. Weird. I must try the Pomegranate one I have somewhere.

:mysmilie_50: :mysmilie_15:

I vboxed the Aldi program it was very interesting, it went back through Aldi’s history, how they set up after the war and their company development after the wall came down. Then their expansion into the UK, first only to areas considered less affluent. Yes the folk fed the Aldi meal thought they were choosing only certain items from each of the courses, that they thought were supplied from Aldi. Interesting how they were only opting for the most simplest of the foods to say, oh that’s Aldi. Oh yes that’s definitely Aldi, how shocked they were to find everything served was actually sourced from Aldi. From them then to go on to say, oh I think I’ll be paying a visit to Aldi.

Great program - A real good change from the usual QVC - Recommended.

Does anyone know if the make-up items (not face creams, etc) are available in most stores most of the time now? I’m thinking of the mascara and bronzer like Benefit and the blusher like Nars, for example. I can’t see them on the website but some things were there when I looked a few months ago and we were talking about them on here. Last time I went in my nearest Aldi, they just had a lot of the toiletries and some Lacura stuff but that was a good few months ago. Maybe I wasn’t looking in the right place it I suspect they come in only occasionally and get bought up really fast?

I went to Aldi today and had a sniff of the Honey & Nectarine candle, it's a dupe of the Jo Malone Nectarine. I've put it back on the shelf and now regret it. Hope it's still there tomorrow

https://www.aldi.co.uk/search?text=Nectarine&category=specialbuys

Also they had the Oud but I'm not a fan

https://www.aldi.co.uk/search?text=oud&category=specialbuys

Does anyone know if the make-up items (not face creams, etc) are available in most stores most of the time now? I’m thinking of the mascara and bronzer like Benefit and the blusher like Nars, for example. I can’t see them on the website but some things were there when I looked a few months ago and we were talking about them on here. Last time I went in my nearest Aldi, they just had a lot of the toiletries and some Lacura stuff but that was a good few months ago. Maybe I wasn’t looking in the right place it I suspect they come in only occasionally and get bought up really fast?

I think you are right Andi, they do it as a special offer and once it's gone it's gone until the next time.They email a newsletter every week so I look up if they have any beauty then.

I think you are right Andi, they do it as a special offer and once it's gone it's gone until the next time.They email a newsletter every week so I look up if they have any beauty then.

Thanks, Marina. I did find some make-up items on the website later. (I don’t really know my way round the website and was searching for the wrong words.) Anyway, it looks like some is online only, some is stores only. I will pop over and check it out ASAP and might look at the candles you mention, too.

Just been to Aldi and bought the Honey & Nectarine candle and reed diffuser, about ten left on the shelf in my store. Also spotted Spa Nights candles and reed diffusers probably from the last week offers. They have gorgeous (imo) rich floral smell and i bought a couple of these as well. The aroma reminded me the Emma Hardie spa candle. Unfortunately google doesn't get any results for Spa Nights candles, strange.

Edit: found one on ebay, Aldi had three scents though and at £3.99.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPA-NIGH...207647?hash=item4205fb771f:g:PsIAAOSwxOBdRBc3

In the item description it says RRP £13.99, not sure how they worked this out.

Thanks, Marina. I did find some make-up items on the website later. (I don’t really know my way round the website and was searching for the wrong words.) Anyway, it looks like some is online only, some is stores only. I will pop over and check it out ASAP and might look at the candles you mention, too.

You are welcome Andi. I have found only recently if you type 'beauty' in the search it should give you all items, I'm sure you knew it already :)

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/health-and-beauty?text=beauty

Latest posts

Back