Alison gets award

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Letz-be-avenue

Registered Shopper
I see from Keeley Aydin's Facebook page that Alison has been given a Cew award for an outstanding contribution to the Beauty industry , mmm, she did seem quite choked up on the video link, bless her, but I am not sure exactly what she has done for the industry !

Sure isn't she "our very own award winning beauty expert"? Will I am nothinguch, says so therefore it must be true.:mysmilie_11:

No, I've no idea either but seems like if you're a QVC presenter you can give yourself what ever title you like. In all these years she's claimed to be a "beauty expert" "a nail technician" and recently she's added "professional make-up artist" to her imaginary bow. What I don't get is she knows people doubt these claims yet has never once brought one sniff of a certificate on air to prove the doubters wrong, the doubters who just so happen to be right, that her proper tittle should be "beauty presenter" seen as though after twenty years she can't even look at the right camera, and goes on air looking like she's been dragged through a hedge backwards, I use the term "beauty presenter" loosely.

Award aside AY just said she goes to bed with her hair damp. Is this the
Norm these days?
This would give me a musty pillow!

Award aside AY just said she goes to bed with her hair damp. Is this the
Norm these days?
This would give me a musty pillow!

Well, as a make-believe, imaginary beauty expert myself (I'm not but if AY can be one so can I) I'd say never go to bed with damp hair unless you want to end up looking like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards as well when you wake up, you see I'm a resident (in my house) beauty expert and I say dry it first.

I think Alison was qualified back in the day (apparently trained with Clarins etc) but there's no way she's kept up to date with her industry! The few times she's applied makeup on air it was absolutely terrible (even saying at one point that 'you can blend it better yourself at home'!!), never see her doing nails and she spouts the same guff about ingreeejunts as she did when i first came across QVC almost 20 years ago...

Well, as a make-believe, imaginary beauty expert myself (I'm not but if AY can be one so can I) I'd say never go to bed with damp hair unless you want to end up looking like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards as well when you wake up, you see I'm a resident (in my house) beauty expert and I say dry it first.

For once I totally believe what she said as every time I see her she looks as if she has been dragged through that hedge!

she has done her beauty training. she is a brilliant selly telly beauty advisor. she funny and my favourite presenter on qvc. she sell shed loads of stuff on qvc and rightly deserves her award. well done alison young. you have made me lol since day one:clapping:

Alison probably shifts more beauty products than any other individual in the UK and earns more than ten times the income of most forum members, I doubt she gives a toss about what people on the forum think.

Alison probably shifts more beauty products than any other individual in the UK and earns more than ten times the income of most forum members, I doubt she gives a toss about what people on the forum think.

I doubt she earns probably 10 times as much as a lot of us on this forum, and what she earns does not really worry or interest me, good for her, I do like Alison, but I do laugh at some of the awards that seem to get dished out these days

Then shouldn't she be getting a "sales" award as opposed to a "beauty" award then? I, and I'm sure other forum members feel the same, don't give a toss that she won't give a toss, I don't comment for anyone to give a toss, it's just my own personal observation/opinion.

I have always found her voice irritating and my least favourite presenter however Chuntley has that title now,on a plus side she does love animals.:mysmilie_48:

I have always found her voice irritating and my least favourite presenter however Chuntley has that title now,on a plus side she does love animals.:mysmilie_48:

It must be uncomfortable for her selling all the QVC beauty products that test on them. I totally agree about Chuntley, had a quick channel hop the other day and there she was, admiring herself in the monitor with that devouring look in her eye, as if she'd have loved to eat herself.

she has done her beauty training. she is a brilliant selly telly beauty advisor. she funny and my favourite presenter on qvc. she sell shed loads of stuff on qvc and rightly deserves her award. well done alison young. you have made me lol since day one:clapping:

I agree! I also like Ali and am pleased she got an award.

It is actually a beauty trade industry award she has won, I have just seen a clip of it on Twitter!

I read this the other day and it seems she is a member of the CEW for many years. So a pat on the back for a long standing member(think the honours Oscar they give for actors who lived a long time. Life time achievement thing), who sells thousands each hour she does.

She does say it how it is and I like that quality in her! Has she not trained and qualified with some big brands?

Latest posts

Back