Alison Keenan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I suspect they are being directed from the gallery to have more of a with the products and interact more with the guests. In theory a good idea but with few exceptions the presenters don’t have the skills to pull this off seamlessly.

IMO the only presenters who are more or less successful in this are Charlie, Dale and Jilly.

Notice the coincidence? All three are slower speakers with a tendency to let the guests get a word in edgeways!! Perhaps if the others let getting guests speak in the first place, rather than indulging in pointless verbal diarrhoea, the gallery would have to keep telling them to speed it up? Just a thought.

Last week I was watching Genevieve on IW - couldn't understand a word she said. There is a studio email address so I fired off one telling her to slow down as she was talking like a gattling gun, and impossible to make out what she was saying.

Blow me down, after the next break she mentioned me on air ! and said "Linda has written asking me to slow down". She apologised and admitted she did get over excited and that had often been told by the Gallery to 'calm down'.

Good job Q don't have a similar set up or it would crash with all the complaints :D

Micheal is another one who talks too quickly. He seems a lovely person, and I know he suffers with anxiety , but l find him difficult to follow, his words all stream into one. Also I wish he’d shave that awful beard off, he’s looking like old man Steptoe.

The beard ages him ten years. He does better with Ruth Langsford than does Jackie. With Micheal, no more gin and tonic chat and high school girl giggles about women's underwear

She speaks so fast I can't remember what she's just said and I'm surely not the only one.
No, you're not the only one. I get frustrated with myself and a bit stressed that I cannot remember what she just said. It worries me that it might be a sign of my deteriorating brain, but now I realise it's just her! NO-ONE can retain what she says at that speed. I suspect the people in the gallery are quite young, so probably wary of asking senior presenters to slow down.

The one whom I think could teach the others a thing or two is Will who’s presented a few shows recently. He’s far more watchable than some of the regulars. He doesn’t pressure sell, he lets the guests talk, he doesn’t talk about his family all the time and he doesn’t wave his arms about like one female presenter does. The final bonus is that he doesn’t shout.

Latest posts

Back