Alison Keenan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Back in the dim & distant Ali K presented a local radio show, she was calm, funny & kind & I really enjoyed listening to her. I never saw her on This Morning & to be honest I can't remember her from her earlier days at the Q to tell if she's changed. I think the tat peddlers are a pretty pathetic bunch & QVC just looks tatty & increasingly irrelevant. The list of things I dislike about the company has got longer over this year, I can't remember the last time I watched a presentation, other than to see something mentioned on here, & so I've sent an email telling them that I want to close my account.

Find it hard to watch Alison, her general voice & mannerisms annoying! Will is good and should present much more, nice and calm when talking about a product!

The one whom I think could teach the others a thing or two is Will who’s presented a few shows recently. He’s far more watchable than some of the regulars. He doesn’t pressure sell, he lets the guests talk, he doesn’t talk about his family all the time and he doesn’t wave his arms about like one female presenter does. The final bonus is that he doesn’t shout.
Completely agree.

Talking of shouting, Simon Biagi was worse than ever this week on the morning show. Perhaps he’s hard of hearing and doesn’t realise he’s far too loud ?
He does shout a lot doesn't he, which is annoying, but what I find even more annoying are the ridiculous scenarios he invents. Earlier this week they were flogging a heated electric cape-type thing. He trotted out some crap about how difficult it is when you're trying to balance two hot water bottles around your shoulders. I bet no-one has ever done that, ever! I do not believe a word he says.

He does shout a lot doesn't he, which is annoying, but what I find even more annoying are the ridiculous scenarios he invents. Earlier this week they were flogging a heated electric cape-type thing. He trotted out some crap about how difficult it is when you're trying to balance two hot water bottles around your shoulders. I bet no-one has ever done that, ever! I do not believe a word he says.

I agree, I can’t stand the man, he’s a walking parody of a TV shopping presenter, he comes out with some rubbish, the other day he’d never have anything other than a Samsung Telly, it was LG last time, I always get the impression he’s mocking the viewer simply by the way he presents not to mention the things he says. Wish I had a pound for every “lots in store” though. 😂

The one whom I think could teach the others a thing or two is Will who’s presented a few shows recently. He’s far more watchable than some of the regulars. He doesn’t pressure sell, he lets the guests talk, he doesn’t talk about his family all the time and he doesn’t wave his arms about like one female presenter does. The final bonus is that he doesn’t shout.
Liked him on the Gardening Show this morning.

I agree, I can’t stand the man, he’s a walking parody of a TV shopping presenter, he comes out with some rubbish, the other day he’d never have anything other than a Samsung Telly, it was LG last time, I always get the impression he’s mocking the viewer simply by the way he presents not to mention the things he says. Wish I had a pound for every “lots in store” though. 😂
You've described him perfectly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back