Alison Young’s dress

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bigbean

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know if Alison Young’s dress is a QVC one - she’s on just now and it really suits her and I quite fancy it! Thanks if you know....

She rarely wears Q’s creations as she can look ****** awful all on her own.

If she is looking good today it is an unusual occurrence.
Lol you are funny! She does look good in the dress but I can’t find it on the QVC website so you might be right that’s it’s from elsewhere.

She did look surprising stylish and coordinated. Back in the day, she rarely wore dresses and was always in slacks. It's the other way round these days.

SHEIN was on her Twitter feed.

I had a quick look and if it's the black dress with brownish flowers, then I don't know how you could tell much about it as I she was stood behind a table so I couldn't see the length or the style of the dress. It probably isn't a Q number as it didn't appear to be made from 100 polyester. Why don't you send an email or if you're on social media ask on there, I'm sure they'd be able to let you know. Just say "asking for a friend" if you feel a bit strange doing that! Hope you find out

She did come out from behind the table and it was long with a tier at the bottom. I thought it was a good length and something I might wear. Don’t worry tho’ it doesn’t matter.

Bit dubious about Shein. Read an article last week about these companies that are offering fashion at 'too good to be true' prices. The ex-editor of Vogue Alexandre Shulman called them out on it, she said she should have known better herself, but saw a lovely dress that was 'cheap', but when it arrived it was rubbish fabric, cotton threads hanging everywhere, and was not better than a dish rag, despite looking the business in the graphics; and of course they're despatched from China, which says it all.

Not saying Ali Young's clothes like this, but living with stables, perhaps she tends not to fork out a lot on clothes !

I don't think Shein showing on anyone's feed indicates they shop there. They pop up all the time of I'm not logged in here, for example, and some betide you if you ever click on the link out of curiosity, they will pop-up forever more!

Given the cheap prices and fabrication, I doubt this would be something AY buys. She strikes me as living in jeans and wearing expensive dresses occasionally.

Don't think we'll find out unless somebody sends her a tweet or an email. That style of dress was huge last year, and everywhere, so quite possibly not this season's. Checking likely websites therefore wouldn't be much help anyway. Even if you were to discover where it's from, again very possibly not available now. BB said it doesn't matter, but this is bugging me now and I feel I need to know. I very much doubt it's from the likes of Shein or Wish can't imagine her even looking at sites like that, but there are so many possibilities it would be like searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack. Prize for the person who finds it or something extremely similar?!

Ditsy floral was everywhere last year and earlier this year. Lots of websites selling similar styles and patterns. I`ve never ever bought from Shein but it still comes up in adverts on other sites I use and on my facebook feed. It`s all down to cookies and how they track your browsing.
I doubt AY would use the likes of Shein and I doubt anything from their website would look exactly how it does in the photos. A relative of my DIL ordered a wedding dress online and it came from China and even though it was a simple style for a very small registry office wedding (pre covid) when it arrived it was nothing like she thought it would be, didn`t even fit and had unfinished seams, loose thread and creases everywhere. It was unwearable. Plus these Chinese cheapo websites "fix" their reviews, they pay people to leave false feedback.

AY was on last week wearing a dress in shades of brown/cream/orangy colours it was a symmetrical pattern and imo looked hideous. Sometimes I wonder if any of these so called fashion experts at Q. have ever had any type of qualification for the job.

Heads up for winter fashion. According to the fashion page in my D/Express, fringing is going to be 'big' on the catwalk this autumn/winter. I luv a bit of fringing ! love the flapper frocks, and any jackets/tops edged in fringing I'm drooling. I even have Downton Abbey style lampshades in Chez Brissles !

This will of course, all be bypassed by QVC, as the only fringing known to America is on cowboy jackets and boots. Bring back Dreamkeeper !!!

Heads up for winter fashion. According to the fashion page in my D/Express, fringing is going to be 'big' on the catwalk this autumn/winter. I luv a bit of fringing ! love the flapper frocks, and any jackets/tops edged in fringing I'm drooling. I even have Downton Abbey style lampshades in Chez Brissles !

This will of course, all be bypassed by QVC, as the only fringing known to America is on cowboy jackets and boots. Bring back Dreamkeeper !!!

I don’t think Charlie’s suits have recovered yet!

Latest posts

Back