Alison Young in Daily Mail

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mazza

Registered Shopper
They have a feature today called What The Beauty Gurus Buy and AY is there with another 10. These include Jo Malone, Thea Green, Sarah Chapman. These are Alison's:
Can't Live Without - Shavata. Goes once month for threading which makes you look younger and more modern.
Brilliant Bargain - Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File.
Little Luxury - medical pedicure at Margaret Dabbs clinic in Guildford.
On speed dial - Simon Bryer, hairdresser at Michael Van Clarke (cuts start £195).

I am amazed this wasn't just a litany of Q products. In fact I was amazed not to see Elasticiser there, but Thea Green can't live without that. Most of them had their hairdressers down.

Alison Young pays £195 for that haircut???? Refund please. I go to Cheynes in Edinburgh every 6 months or so and they are really good with difficult hair (mine) but I only pay £65.

I can't live without the Decleor balms/oils.

CC

They have a feature today called What The Beauty Gurus Buy and AY is there with another 10. These include Jo Malone, Thea Green, Sarah Chapman. These are Alison's:
Can't Live Without - Shavata. Goes once month for threading which makes you look younger and more modern.
Brilliant Bargain - Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File.
Little Luxury - medical pedicure at Margaret Dabbs clinic in Guildford.
On speed dial - Simon Bryer, hairdresser at Michael Van Clarke (cuts start £195).

I am amazed this wasn't just a litany of Q products. In fact I was amazed not to see Elasticiser there, but Thea Green can't live without that. Most of them had their hairdressers down.
AY is wasting her money in Shavata, we haven't seen her brows in years under the fringe of that expensive haircut.
I don't suppose she mentioned how much she spends on her dentist? Zero?

AY is wasting her money in Shavata, we haven't seen her brows in years under the fringe of that expensive haircut.
I don't suppose she mentioned how much she spends on her dentist? Zero?

Ouch. Are you Julius in disguise? :mysmilie_17:

CC

I've just looked at the Michael Van Clarke website and it looks like a very nice salon in Marylebone. MVC himself charges £315 so this Simon is a bargain! Stylists range from £65-£85 which I don't think is too bad for central London. Thankfully I stick to my own DHS in Putney although you can pay up to £100 there! This was a big shock to me when my own (really good but very cheap as a USP) salon closed and I was.in panic mode looking for an alternative. Luckily I discovered that my stylist had gone peripatetic and he comes to me every two months, price £40.

Apparently she met MVC through Q but I have never heard of him. Did he have a range there?

Simon who comes on Q with Hairfix ?????
I don’t get that really she never as I’ve heard talks about him regularly cutting her hair.
I’m sure I’ve heard her repeatedly speaking about her friend being her hairdresser, and it’s made me think maybe wrong that she comes to her home.

I'm very surprised that she mentions Leighton Denny, especially as his range is now sold on TJC (although I haven't seen it on for a while).
Q sell quite a few crystal nail files, so why not mention one of those instead? Very strange IMO.

Simon who comes on Q with Hairfix ?????
I don’t get that really she never as I’ve heard talks about him regularly cutting her hair.
I’m sure I’ve heard her repeatedly speaking about her friend being her hairdresser, and it’s made me think maybe wrong that she comes to her home.

She always said she had a woman come to her home for years.

So now she goes to a highend salon.

Says she has him on speed dial.........doesn't say he does her hair!!! :mysmilie_17:

Says she has him on speed dial.........doesn't say he does her hair!!! :mysmilie_17:

Yeah yeah yeah aka Pipa

She sees him every two months or so.........

Well so do I .. :mysmilie_17:
Q tv scheduled every couple of months
:emo::giggle:

I've just looked at the Michael Van Clarke website and it looks like a very nice salon in Marylebone. MVC himself charges £315 so this Simon is a bargain! Stylists range from £65-£85 which I don't think is too bad for central London. Thankfully I stick to my own DHS in Putney although you can pay up to £100 there! This was a big shock to me when my own (really good but very cheap as a USP) salon closed and I was.in panic mode looking for an alternative. Luckily I discovered that my stylist had gone peripatetic and he comes to me every two months, price £40.

Apparently she met MVC through Q but I have never heard of him. Did he have a range there?

Why would anyone pay £315 for a haircut (presumably a wash, cut and dry)? Would it really look that much better than done by someone charging a quarter of that? You wake up next day and the style is probably gone (well, it definitely would be on me). I really balk at paying anything over £50/£60 for my very straight hair and only get it done for special occasions, when I get them to give it volume and loose waves. If it's just a regular cut/trim, I can't justify those sorts of prices. Oh well, each to their own - I do actually think people should spend their money on what they like. I am just tight.

I'd love a good peripatetic hairdresser charging reasonable prices, like yours.

I get an excellent wash, cut and blow dry for £20 locally.
Since it’s a short style and I need it cutting every 5 weeks, I can’t imagine paying £200, that would be £2000 a year - makes the Dyson hairdryer seem like peanuts !

On another interview she said she can’t live withou Elasticizer. She is wasting her money on the hair I would not go there or ask for a refund. Just shows impossible they earn too much.

Latest posts

Back