Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You should watch James Welch on YouTube, who explains how influencers use light to smooth out their skin and blemishes and imperfections. He also explains about some of the filters now available for moving images as well as static photos. Much more subtle than things like puppy filters.

I’ve not heard her mention Simon in ages but then I’ve also not heard Ann mention her hubby. Plus also neither wear wedding rings but then I haven’t since pre eclampsia in 1995 :LOL:
I had a look at Anne's QVC blog & all references to her home & garden are prefaced with 'my' & the only member of her family she's written about is her youngest son. She's never been one of the tell it all presenters, however, she has previously written about her husband, his climbing trips & their holidays in Italy so maybe she's starting her 60s a free woman.

Last edited:
I looked for a thread about Alison but couldnt find one. Just watching her on the L'Occitane tsv hour. Her top lip isnt moving at all. I am surprised she has had work one considering she is a qualified beauty expert as she keeps telling us.

I could see her top lip moving.

That's how people look when they've just been to the dentists & Alexis is favouring the ready for the oven look. One question - why is AY still wearing a poppy?

She mentioned on social media yesterday that she had finally got a paper poppy, something has been tricky this year. It is still the week of Remembrance so not that unusual to see people still wearing them in the few days after the 11th.

You should watch James Welch on YouTube, who explains how influencers use light to smooth out their skin and blemishes and imperfections. He also explains about some of the filters now available for moving images as well as static photos. Much more subtle than things like puppy filters.
Do you mean James Welsh and his brother,I love them 😍

I haven't seen her for ages and she does have a look of having just had novocaine but more importantly, she's no longer wearing her wedding ring. Has there been an on air annoucement?
I don't think QVC would ever give on air announcements of their presenters' private lives

I don’t think they would, as whilst we speculate about such things on here it’s actually nobody else’s business.
I do agree that it’s not our business but they find themselves in situations where people are curious because they draw people into their lives through their blogs, vlogs etc. By doing this they also run the risk of people wanting to know more than they have chosen to reveal. They can’t have it both ways. Blogs draw people in and encourage sales. The downside is some viewers think they are friends and their interest becomes more intrusive.

Goodness, I would be horrified if they did. We might be curious, but we have no right to be told.
The first time I've ever known the Q acknowledge the death of a guest was the tribute to Michelle Doherty. Before that Charlie spoke very movingly about Amica but in every other respect the company stays quiet about their staff. Unfortunately some of the staff don't do this & it doesn't take a brain like Sherlock Holmes' to find out where they live & even where their children go to school.

I don't think QVC would ever give on air announcements of their presenters' private lives
Yet they had an on air bridal shower and highlights from her wedding video, including her father walking her down the isle were broadcast on a continuous, 24 hour loop the year she got married. Is that not private?

The first time I've ever known the Q acknowledge the death of a guest was the tribute to Michelle Doherty. Before that Charlie spoke very movingly about Amica but in every other respect the company stays quiet about their staff. Unfortunately some of the staff don't do this & it doesn't take a brain like Sherlock Holmes' to find out where they live & even where their children go to school.
They had a 'scripted' announcement after Lenny (Nina Leonard) died, but that's about the only other one I remember.

They made a big announcement when Ernie Borgnine died and Tova still brings references him in the demo for almost every jewellery item (and Handsome, not to mention some of her parfams) but then...that's business.

Latest posts

Back