Alternate day fasting

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was weighed at weight watchers this morning and have lost another 2lb so I was really happy with that.
I am now at the lowest I have been for about 10 years and I really do think that this 5:2 is really helping.
I am only going to keep on going to WW for another week and then I am giving it up.
I am going to a no Lycra fitness class for those a size 16 and above it involves 45 mins class of interval training twice a week with 15 minuets home work every day and following a VERY STRICT exclusion diet, It runs to 168 pages and the general gist of it seems to be NO tea,coffee,dairy,wheat,alcohol ,any type of processed food ,fizzy drinks even water.
To be honest I am not at all sure about the "diet" part and may well just stick to what I have been doing and enjoy the exercise classes.
I will be fating on Wednesday and Sunday again this week.
Have a good week.
Karen

Well Done Madmax you are doing great. JBD i am off work today so decided to do a normal day. Had 30g dry bran flakes this morning 112 cals about 3.pm had a packet of Ainsley Harriot Szechuan Hot and Sour soup 62 cals and tonight has a big pot of M&s Crrot and corriandor soup 180 cals with 1 1/2 small slices of hovis granary bread 126 cals total 480. Had lots of black coffee and water. To be honest i am feeling very hungry at the moment, having a bottle of fizzy water and hoping its passes.

Hello everyone.

Can I first say that if you're thinking about getting Michael Mosley's book, go to your nearest decent sized Tesco. I got a copy for £2.95!

Having read it quickly, I started it on Monday. Day 1 was green tea/water in the morning then a late brekkie/early lunch of 2 eggs (170 cals)and 1 rasher of back bacon (55 cals). Then it was some low fat yogurt. Evening was a bowl of soup which was about 200 cals and a digestive biscuit with a cup of tea late on.

Day two is today and following a similar pattern except that the soup this evening is only 90 cals because Monday's one was a very creamy Leek & Potato one from Tesco.

I can't say I've had any real hunger issues with it yet but maybe the clue is to keep yourself busy so your mind is not concentrating on how hungry you feel.

The book's well worth reading because Mosley discusses the health benefits beyond simple weight loss. The 600 cals fast allows it to have a rest from digesting grub and it begins to repair problems.

Good luck!

Am on day three today. Going ok. For lunch I had Asda extra special sun blush tomato soup which has only 200 cals for the whole pot.i ate celery with it and dunked the celery. It was divine.
I have noticed that I drink a lot more water / tea. So I am trying to do this every day. It's clear that on up days, I am eating rather than drinking.
So far 3 pounds lost

I have just posted my update in the 2013 support thread.
I am getting more used to the fasting days now and am trying all sorts of low calorie foods and recipes.

Just done my first week in the 5:2 diet so I thought I'd pop on to share my experience and read about yours. I've already lost 32lbs in 4 months just by following a calorie controlled diet and exercising, but for the last few weeks I've plateaued a bit, just losing 0.5-1lb a week instead of my usual 2lbs, which I found a bit disheartening. So I was looking for something to help shake things up plus I was going for a slap up 4-course meal on the 14th, but didn't want another week of lack-lustre losses.

So, I did 2 500cal days (Wed and Sat). To hit the target, I found I needed to plan everything I ate and drank in advance (I use MyFitnessPal app anyway to track my calorie intake during the day but for my 500 cal days I fed everything in in advance). I needed to ensure that I could still have 4 cups of tea with milk and half spoon, which took up 100 cals, but I still managed breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was surprised at how easy I found it to keep to the day's target. The hardest part was cutting back on the teas, not the food!

And, the upshot? 2lb loss this week, so back to being a happy slimming bunny! I'm only 4lbs off getting into the next stone zone so I'll be thrilled if I can reach that by end of Feb.

that's grand Dips
I've lost 8 lbs so far
Its a discipline that I like in an odd way.
It is teaching me that feeling hungry is nothing to be scared of.
I am always amazed that I am less hungry on the morning after a down day that I am usually
Jayne

You are doing fab girls, i have been rubbish had a head cold for a week so have not been doing it. I will start again when i am feeling better.

Oh, we'll done, Jayne - over 1/2 stone is always a great milestone. I've now got my eyes firmly on hitting 40lbs. And I so agree about the curbed hunger the following day.

Miss Molly, I think the great thing about this is you can dip in and out as you feel like it.

Hi well I am planning to start this tomorrow just watched the documentry about and in the middle of reading the book . It sounds very interesting way to keep healthy and hopefully will work for me . I have just ordered the recipe book for some ideas . Anybody got any advice , handy hints or good things to eat on fast days?

Latest posts

Back