Amazon TSV 3.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Amazon TSV 4.jpg
    Amazon TSV 4.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Amazon TSV 5.jpg
    Amazon TSV 5.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 115
Oh joy! Another day of Lee asking Alexa whether he will need an umbrella and more “drop ins” to his mum. 😳

I hope he doesnt say “Alexa, goodnight” so we can hear the hilarious “routine” he has set up where it puts his lamps off, plays soft music and says, “Enjoy your beauty sleep ... you really need it”. I don’t think my sides can take it - they split a little more every time I hear it.

Amazon Echo Plus & Echo Spot with Smart Plug
Item Number: 520846
QVC Price £190.00
Todays Special Value Price £154.98
P&P £5.95

This superb Amazon bundle includes the Echo Plus, a voice-controlled, hands-free speaker with improved sound for streaming music and a built-in Zigbee hub to easily control your compatible smart home devices, plus the Echo Spot, a smaller speaker designed to fit anywhere in your home. Both featuring virtual assistant Alexa who answers commands and questions, reports on sports, news and more, and complete with a Smart Plug which allows you to control home appliances remotely, this amazing set gives you everything you need to create your smart home.

*A great saving: If you were to buy the Amazon Echo Plus and Amazon Echo Spot directly from Amazon you’d pay £259.98. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £154.98, plus P&P, you’re saving £99.05 plus receiving a TP-Link Smart Plug.

Small yet mighty - Echo Spot is designed to give you a helping hand with your daily errands. Simply use voice commands to watch videos, see music lyrics (UK only), weather forecasts and shopping lists, plus browse and listen to Audible audiobooks, and more. You can even use your voice to set timers, add items to lists, or create calendar events and reminders. It’s all so easy and hands-free - just ask!

Echo Plus - this clever device has a built-in Zigbee hub to easily set up and control all your compatible smart home devices, along with improved sound for streaming music and a built-in temperature sensor. The premium speakers powered by Dolby play 360 degree audio with crisp vocals and dynamic bass response and you can also adjust the equaliser settings within the Alexa app, allowing you listen to your favourite tunes and podcasts to your heart’s content. Plus, with seven microphones, beam-forming technology and noise cancellation, Echo Plus hears you from any direction, even while music is playing.

Create a Smart Home - the Smart Plug works with Alexa and Google Assistant to add voice control to any electrical socket in your home. Connect yours to your Echo devices, or use the free Kasa app on your phone to schedule and voice-control your lights, coffee machines or appliances to turn on and off automatically, so you can create your perfect morning routine. Use Away Mode to help give you peace of mind when you’re away from home, setting it to turn your devices on and off at different times to give the appearance that someone is home.

Just ask Alexa - a voice-controlled personal assistant, Alexa responds to your questions and commands when you say her name. Use your Echo Spot or Echo Plus to ask her to play music, read the news, answer questions, set music alarms, control your smart home, and so much more. With thousands of skills, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features too like tracking your fitness goals, ordering a pizza or getting train times.

Set up with the app - the free Alexa app, available on iOS and Android will allow you to easily set up and manage your Amazon Echo devices. Use the app to connect services you already use such as Amazon Music, Spotify and Google Calendar, then set up your smart home devices or see which books are available to listen to from your Audible library. The app is also great when you're out and about, allowing you to control your timers and set custom tones for your alarms, and much more back at home.

No more shouting up the stairs - grandpa in the attic? Dad in the study? Kids in the den? As long as there's an Echo device in the room, you can ask Alexa to 'Drop In' and send them a voice memo to let them know "It’s teatime", or even to "Turn the music down!". Drop In is an optional feature that allows you to instantly connect hands-free with the Echo devices in your home, and it can also double as an intercom or baby monitor.

Turn up the sounds - connect directly to speakers using a 3.5mm stereo cable, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and enjoy hands-free voice control for your music - just ask for your favourite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you. Plus, with four far-field microphones, beam forming technology and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction, even while music is playing.

Multi-Room Music - want to play music on an Echo in another room? Now with Multi-Room Music, you can tell Alexa to play across all your Echo devices. Just tell Alexa to play jazz in the kitchen, top pop in the living room, or play the same song downstairs - available for Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer and TuneIn Audible or radio stations.

Alexa makes the call - when you’re busy making dinner or putting the little ones to bed, Alexa can make and answer a call, and even send or receive text messages! You can call almost anyone hands-free including UK mobile and residential numbers (from UK only, emergency calling not supported), other Echo devices and Skype. Link your Vodafone account to make and receive mobile calls or why not make video calls to other Echo devices with a screen, the Alexa app or Skype?

Peace of mind - designed to protect your privacy, Echo Spot and Echo Plus are built with multiple layers of privacy protections and controls, including a microphone or camera ‘off’ button that electronically disconnects the microphones and camera.

The choice is yours - Echo Spot and Echo Plus come in a choice of Black or White, to easily fit in with any home décor.

Colour options:

• Black
  • White

What's in the box?

• 1 x Amazon Echo Spot - with power adaptor including 1.8m cable and Quick Start Guide
  • 1 x Amazon Echo Plus - with 30W power adaptor and Quick Start Guide
  • 1 x TP Link Smart Plug HS100 - with Quick Start Guide

Geographical restrictions:
Certain features may not be available in all countries and regions, are subject to change or withdrawal at any time, and may require separate subscriptions or other fees. (Experience is optimized for mainland UK, the Channel Islands, Ireland, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Spain, Japan, India, Australia, New Zealand and the USA)

Is there any end to the Alexa gadgets, and the gobbledegook of the gormless ambassador.

I bought my Echo Spot a couple of years ago and wouldn’t be without it. However, it seems it was discontinued last October...

I bought the Echo Plus as a TSV in December 2018 and it is without doubt the best thing I ever bought from QVC. It was a good price, too. I’ve since bought a couple of Dots from Amazon direct (Prime Day super bargains), one of which is in the kitchen and also gets used all the time. I definitely don’t need this latest TSV but if I had a bigger house, I would probably go for it.

I was given an Echo show for Christmas a couple of years ago, and bought a dot and fire stick bundle from Amazon on Black Friday.

The dot is in my bedroom and I use it a lot, but the Echo Show is downstairs and I only use it occasionally. I tend to use Siri if I want to know something. 😳

I was given an Echo show for Christmas a couple of years ago, and bought a dot and fire stick bundle from Amazon on Black Friday.

The dot is in my bedroom and I use it a lot, but the Echo Show is downstairs and I only use it occasionally. I tend to use Siri if I want to know something. 😳

Yes, my Echo Plus is in the bedroom and is used constantly.

I have 3 of the Plus (2nd gen) as they sound good so they are in different rooms for playing DAB and internet radio. But they are always out of sync with each other.

The one in my bedroom is used as I drift off to sleep, so I tell it to set a sleep timer. I also tell it to turn off the light. When I wake in the morning I just say TIME and it tells me, then I either go back to sleep or tell it to play a radio station.

I have a spot and the original show, which I use as a security camera and screen, but it doesn't record anything so not much use really.

I have a dot (original Mk 1) but the sound is a bit tinny and not loud enough.

They are used all day, but I don't need any more!

Latest posts

Back