Amazon TSV 24/04/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My daughter was in hysterics about the last Amazon TSV. she said it was out of date Techwise and overpriced. No surprises there then!

"Sir, I am calling from Amazon Prime to speak to you."
"The Amazon? I don't know anyone in the Amazon! How did you get there?
"No sir, I am not calling you from the Amazon I am calling you from Amazon about your account. Do you know you have an SEVENTY NINE NINETY FIVE charge from Amazon Prime?"
"From Amazon? Why would I pay to go to the Amazon? Now the Maldives! That's where you should holiday."
"No no no sir, you have suspected fraudulent activity on your Amazon account. Do you know a Mr John?"
"John! Oh yes I know John but I wouldn't call him Mr!"
"No sir, please let me finish, a Mr John Smith"
"Mr John Smith! Yes, but he wouldn't call me from the Amazon. Oh I haven't spoken to him in years. I shall write him a letter."
"No sir it is a fake name, we have seen suspicious activity on the account. This is not the name each time it is changing."
"No no no, he never changed his name. He got married, but she changed her name! Mrs Edith Smith!"
"Do you have a computer or smart device?"
"No I don't have that, no never. My wife she does but no I don't"
"Ok sir, may I speak with your wife."
"Yes, yes of course"
"KATE! KATE! KATE! GET DOWN HERE NOW. Now Kate a nice young man is calling you from the Amazon!
(in best old lady voice I can do) "Helloooo! I've got a new knitting pattern."
"Yes ma'am, do you have a computer or smart phone device?"
"I have a tablet!"
(back as husband again after some fumbling noises) "I am sorry, My wife says she needs to take her tablets! I took mine this morning but I mustn't let her forget she's not entirely with it you know.

The above are the highlights of a conversation a friend had with a scam telephone caller claiming to be from Amazon Prime, he likes to waste their time so they are not calling someone vulnerable, this time he's pretending to be an elderly man and his wife....he's a bit of a plank but sometimes he makes me so proud! As this is an Amazon thread I thought it might amuse you all

We had one yesterday saying we had ordered an iPhone for £399 and if we hadn't to press 1....

who in uk can buy an iPhone for £399!

Attachments

• Amazon TSV 1.jpg
    Amazon TSV 1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Amazon TSV 2.jpg
    Amazon TSV 2.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Amazon TSV 3.jpg
    Amazon TSV 3.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Amazon TSV 4.jpg
    Amazon TSV 4.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Amazon TSV 6.jpg
    Amazon TSV 6.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 90
I got fraud on my amazon account. Took months to get my money back, so don't bother with them anymore.

About the scam calls, brilliant way of getting them haha. I always try, but the phone is down stairs, and I always miss them. My bank account number is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

All the Amazon ones I get are recorded messages, as are the ones telling me my internet is about to be cut off. I get nothing for a couple of months, and then must be on some sort of loop, as I’m then inundated with them for a couple of weeks. One day I had a call every hour, starting at 8 o’clock in the morning. The only one I get an actual person ( call centre from India) is when I’m told I have a problem with my computer. I play the silly old lady game along with them if I’m in the mood, or I just tell them to go away.

Amazon Fire HD10 Tablet 32GB 10" HD Display with 32GB SD Card
Item Number: 721237
QVC Price £129.99
Todays Special Value Price £89.96
P&P £4.95
4 Easy Pays of £22.49

This Amazon Fire tablet boasts a 10.1" 1080p HD touchscreen, 2.0GHz octa-core processor, 32GB of built-in storage and a 32GB SD card to increase the storage to a total of 64GB, plus the Alexa voice-controlled personal assistant, front and rear facing cameras with 720p HD video recording and 2GB RAM for a fast and responsive experience. With so many more fantastic features to explore, this sleek device is perfect for the whole family to watch, read and browse, even coming with easy set-up, parental controls and up to 12 hours of battery life.

It's all easy -
ready to use right out of the box, there's no software or computer required, or complicated set-up; just log in with an Amazon account, connect to Wi-Fi and you're ready to go.

Designed for entertainment - enjoy millions of films, TV programmes, games, apps, e-books and songs on your tablet. If you’re a Prime or Netflix member, you can instantly watch from thousands of videos or simply download them for offline viewing too. Plus, there are over 500,000 apps and games, 400,000 Audible titles and millions of songs to discover, as well as Picture-in-Picture viewing with Netflix, Twitch, Pinterest and more.

Keep going - the 2.0GHz octa-core processor is 30% faster than previous models, so you can really feel the power at your fingertips. It also boasts up to 12 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching videos and listening to music before you have to re-charge it, and when you do, it's now even easier thanks to the built-in USB-C port, which fully charges the tablet in approximately four hours.

Capture everything - thanks to its 2MP front and rear-facing cameras and 720p HD video recording, it's never been easier to chat with loved ones or capture photos and videos to look back on. It creates gorgeous pictures in an instant!

Your personal assistant - Alexa responds to your questions and commands using just your voice. Simply press the home button, and she can check your calendar, get news, weather, traffic or sports updates, play songs, and even create shopping lists, as well as order you a takeaway or an Uber, or look up a recipe and read it out to you to follow! You can even connect your smart home - control lights, switches, thermostats and smart home technologies, when you pair it with compatible connected devices from Philips Hue, Hive, TP-Link, and more.

Great for the entire family - with award-winning Amazon Fire for Kids, parents can create child profiles to limit screen time, set educational goals and manage content, with easy-to-use parental controls. Amazon Fire for Kids is free on every Fire tablet, or you can subscribe to Fire for Kids Unlimited to access thousands of child-friendly apps, books, videos, games and Audible audiobooks.

Fast, clear, responsive - the proficient octa-core processor ensures even faster app launch times, smooth games and videos, and great overall performance. Plus, with the 10.1" screen and 1920 x 1200 IPS display, you can enjoy crisp images, vivid colours and whiter whites, with a fantastic viewing experience even at wide angles. You can also stream films, watch videos or play games with the enhanced Wi-Fi and enjoy downloaded content on the go with up to 12 hours of mixed-use battery life.

What's in the box?

• 1 x Amazon Fire 10.1" HD tablet
  • 1 x USB 2.0 charging cable
  • 1 x 9W power adaptor
  • 1 x quick start guide
  • 1 x 32GB SD card
  • 1 year manufacturer's warranty

Latest posts

Back