Andi Peters’s Meats

• Thread starter Deleted member 21838
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 21838

Guest Shopper
What a lovely, lovely show. Wonderful Dale and Marvellous Andy surrounded by meats and pastries, and chocolates and cakes…They are an incredible combination of bouncing off one another. Peters, and his quick witted one liners, and trusty Dale (I bought a Vodafone pager in 1997 from CVQ purely because of him). If only QVC could be them, all day long - that would be shopping telly paradise.

An interesting meat pack was on show this evening. Gammon, Burkey Trest, Topside of Beef and other things. In fairness to the previous euphoria, this seems a tad pricey and perhaps not the most economical way to buy your Christmas carnivoreness fix. Mum, in the early 1970s, always cooked up a topside roast at Yuletide. After a huge row with Dad stamping on my It’s A Knockout game in a drunken fit of rage, and Mum weeping in the kitchen, a Christmas lunch was finally served. As I remember, the topside tasted like Tuf Wayfinders shoe leather, but with no compass in the sole to make it more palatable. Dad usually threw his at the Ascot heater and stamped on the artic roll for pudding. Happy Days. Rib of Beef for me, these modern days - certainly not topside.

Suffice to say: much as I enjoy Andy and Dale’s Laurel and Hardy esque rapport, these food shows, for me, are more about the banter than the value. I don’t know what others feel on this?

Oh God..it’s the Hotel Chocolat woman with one and a half frocks to ruin it all…

I have been vaguely aware of him since he first appeared in the BBC Broom Cupboard (in around 1690) and had no idea his name wasn’t Andy. Probably quite a few would like him returned to a secure broom cupboard and never to come out. I can see him getting very tetchy if you misAndied him.

In all seriousness, he does come across as an arrogant so and so. He always gives the impression he has suddenly started working at Acorn Antiques when he is used to working at Bonhams - in a televisual employment sense of course. That said, I find those food shows a light relief from the usual solo stiffs with unzipped mouths misusing the word literally on speed dial. I also think Franklin is a superb presenter in a shopping context.

Latest posts

Back