Andi Peters’s Meats

• Thread starter Deleted member 21838
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I defy anyone to sit in St Marks Square, Venice and buy a coffee ! it costs the price of a plane ticket home ! which is why all those tables and chairs are constantly empty.
We went on an afternoon trip to Venice from Lake Garda with a couple we met on the plane going out in 1980. It cost about £30 for us both and we got a free packed lunch in one of the cafes round the square. We just had to pay for drinks. We had a gondola ride included in the afternoon and even had an accordion player and singer on our gondola.
In the evening we sat at a table in St Marks Square 4 cokes cost £10,an orchestra was playing,people were dancing it was lovely and we weren't hurried and sat there until the rest of the group appeared for our return.

I know a lot of people with children have cancelled their holiday to Florida because it’s just not value for money especially if you want to visit the parks it’s a total rip off.

A friend, husband and child has just returned from Disney World, Florida. This time around she wasn't impressed. She pre-booked the tickets for all the rides, so there was no waiting in lengthy queues, but for the first time ever she didn't find anything to buy ! Previously she has visited outlet shops in the surrounding towns and bought loads, but she said its all very much like our High Streets now, with lots of boarded up or empty shops, or Chinese/Indian run cheap shops - like our Pound shops, and even a few weeks ago the £ wouldn't buy a lot, so she doesn't think she'll be returning again. And this is Florida ! ....... which is now currently under water !

I think careful thought has to be given to safe holidays now, what with the £ worth very little, crime in a lot of cities, lots of homeless sleeping in tents on the streets like Paris and LA, migrants flocking into most Western countries - including our own, and now even Finland has closed its border to Russia as they are being overwhelmed with young men wanting to escape being conscripted.

Last edited:
We went on an afternoon trip to Venice from Lake Garda with a couple we met on the plane going out in 1980. It cost about £30 for us both and we got a free packed lunch in one of the cafes round the square. We just had to pay for drinks. We had a gondola ride included in the afternoon and even had an accordion player and singer on our gondola.
In the evening we sat at a table in St Marks Square 4 cokes cost £10,an orchestra was playing,people were dancing it was lovely and we weren't hurried and sat there until the rest of the group appeared for our return.
Happy days 😊

We are heading towards the biggest recession in history. If Florida I looking like a ghost town thats not good news at all.

Latest posts

Back