Animal Print

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jinnyjamjar

Registered Shopper
Jut a quick question....

I've never been to the US, and don't watch much US TV, so does everyone out there actually wear top to toe animal print polyester?

If not, why the heck are we getting it all then?

Jinny x

I am wearing top to toe animal print today. :eek:)

It's a brown based animal print soft jersey long sleeved maxi dress. Worn with brown suede boots and smoky quartz jewellery and a caramel coloured pashmina. I love it. It's so easy to wear and so warm and cosy. Not to everyone's taste and not bought from QVC.

Sadly, no matter how they try to reinvent the stuff, or dress-it-up/dress-it-down, it is forever associated with Bet Lynch.

:giggle: I'm sure they look OK on you though. Animal print isn't really my thing, I think I had some gloves once.

CC

i wouldn't know - this was leggings first time round (80s) and once i'd been told i looked like rod stewart, they never got worn again (i'd mentioned it recently in another thread ;) )

It would be interesting to know how many women would like to wear animal print if it wasn't for all the connotations?

I have a subtle grey jumper which I wear occasionally, it's looks really nice with black scarf, black trousers etc.

I think if it's understated it can look really good, but I'm not likely to buy anything else as I wouldn't have the confidence.

Ive got one piece of animal print, a kim co short sleeve top in a subtle brown and tan with pale lilac in some of the leopard spots. Sounds horrible but is really pretty and I just wear it with tan linen trousers.

Clearly I wear it but actually I don't have that much. I have leopard print suede ankle boots that I wear with jeans or black trousers. I have a leopard print vevelteen coat/jacket which is ancient but I still wear it and I will admit that one gives me the jitters a bit ... but worn with all black I think it looks fine. Then I've got a leopard print scarf and leopard print sweater. And obviously the leopard print dress. I'd never wear more than one thing at once and as you've probably gathered I don't much care if others don't like it.

I think a smidge of animal print looks really classy. A belt of boots or a handbag with brown or black or caramel. Head to toe is a bit much but I bought the damned dress and I like it so I will be wearing it. :eek:)

Ah knickers I've got a top too! I forgot that!! Hmm all my animal print though is leopard. Wonder what that says about me?

I've got a belt and a pair of gloves for outdoors wear and then a fleece dressing gown and a pair of leopard fleece trackies. I'd love a pair of animal print ankle boots. I also fancied a pair of the Diane gilman leather look leggings but they'd sold out in my size by the time they were aired today.
It is not only people who would remember Bett Lynch but younger people who seem to think that animal print is in bad taste. Even just wearing the gloves has provoked comments from complete strangers

Last edited:
I've got a belt and a pair of gloves for outdoors wear and then a fleece dressing gown and a pair of leopard fleece trackies. I'd love a pair of animal print ankle boots. I also fancied a pair of the Diane gilman leather look leggings but they'd sold out in my size by the time they were aired today.
It is not only people who would remember Bett Lynch but younger people who seem to think that animal print is in bad taste. Even just wearing the gloves has provoked comments from complete strangers

Last edited:
there's animal print and there's animal print. the softer more muted shades look really nice imo. (my rod stewart leggings were more full on)

I have animal print Lori Greiner case on wheels- the last TSV. Had no choice as the black sold out. I have no clothes in animal print though. I think it can look ok but it depends. It's either hideous or ok, a bit like marmite.

Latest posts

Back