Ann Dawson is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
......In the Phase 8 hour main channel 1pm. She’s said it’s strange but good to be back, as she‘s said, she’s been away since the end of July, beginning of August.

I think she has finally found her look and seems to be healthy and happy looking.

The long straight straw blond hair did nothing for her the shorter style looks is in much better condition. Recently she had it in soft curls but this short length and it really suited her,
together with the glasses and soft makeup she look really modern .

No different to the rest. Us old timers could talk along with the script.
It doesn’t take long for the new presenters to gather a batch of stock phases to be hauled out again and again.

I’m sure it’s not easy but it is their job and perhaps if they were just a little more interested in doing the job they are extremely well paid to do it might seem more natural.

I know if it was me I’d be playing back recordings to try to see what annoying habits, both speech and mannerisms (yes you Jill F) I have and if necessary get a professional to help me approach things differently to avoid the repetition.

I sometimes wonder what the end product was when Del Boy went to China to train them - I have visions of a load of wee Chinese women wagging a finger and cackling!

No different to the rest. Us old timers could talk along with the script.
It doesn’t take long for the new presenters to gather a batch of stock phases to be hauled out again and again.

I’m sure it’s not easy but it is their job and perhaps if they were just a little more interested in doing the job they are extremely well paid to do it might seem more natural.

I know if it was me I’d be playing back recordings to try to see what annoying habits, both speech and mannerisms (yes you Jill F) I have and if necessary get a professional to help me approach things differently to avoid the repetition.

I sometimes wonder what the end product was when Del Boy went to China to train them - I have visions of a load of wee Chinese women wagging a finger and cackling!
They must have appraisal reviews & receive feedback on their 'performances. Many jobs involve giving out repeated information, however, the tat peddlers are employed to describe everything about an item & their irritating phrases & habitual mannerisms don't actually do that.

Does Ann appear on a Red Cross advert ? I saw it last night and couldn’t decide. It looked like her but didn’t sound like her “QVC” voice somehow.
You're right, I saw it earlier this month & started a thread. She spoke from her heart & I think it's one of the most genuine appeals I've seen.

I was glad to see her back, but disappointed that she's using the same old phrases ad nauseum: 'absolutely gorgeous,' 'in terms of'. Maybe she's improved her look, but she's stuck in her boring, repetitive sales patter. Shame.
And "you know" constantly when she's describing things, she's my least favourite presenter.

Latest posts

Back